KNIGHTON

People are sleeping on Dallas's physical gifts.

He might be the most athletic back on the roster. People too often confuse athleticism with speed. Deejay Dallas is 220-pounds and returning punts for touchdowns in the ACC. Nobody else is doing that. He's the most elusive of the three and he has the best eye-hand coordination.
He gets overlooked alot in that department. His HS film was absolutely filthy

Advertisement
A lot of yall are clueless as to what you're looking at and only base your opinions on the enthusiasm a recruit gave you on signing day.

Lingard was ranked high because he's a 6'0" 200lb track athlete who dogged inferior competition.
Cam doesn't look as good getting off the bus (although he's actually more swole than Lingard) but he did his work against Dade County competition. I watched this kid out-run angles versus a talented Daytona Mainland team. He made Dade County kids look slow frequently.

This tape is full of him out-running angles. LOL

Lingard can be good if he puts it all together, but IMO Cam came in with the upper hand having faced better competition. Yall downplaying Cam like he didn't just walk in this ***** and start stealing people's reps.

Exact reason why I said we should have signed Nay'quan Wright. The best RB in Dade County shouldnt sign to play for anyone but Miami every year,

A lot of yall are clueless as to what you're looking at and only base your opinions on the enthusiasm a recruit gave you on signing day.

Lingard was ranked high because he's a 6'0" 200lb track athlete who dogged inferior competition.
Cam doesn't look as good getting off the bus (although he's actually more swole than Lingard) but he did his work against Dade County competition. I watched this kid out-run angles versus a talented Daytona Mainland team. He made Dade County kids look slow frequently.

Lingard can be good if he puts it all together, but IMO Cam came in with the upper hand having faced better competition. Yall downplaying Cam like he didn't just walk in this ***** and start stealing people's reps.

Aint nobody downplaying cam dawg u always so dramatic. We just saying Lingard has a higher ceiling because hes a far superior athlete. Thats usually what a higher ceiling means. No need to get worked up over this they both Canes and I love them both

I think cam Davis showed he was more elusive this spring especially with some of those runs at the scrimmages. Deejay got a lot to prove to me as he didn’t finish strong in the last 8 games at all. In fact it was actually terrible. 6 of the last 8 games under 4.0 ypc? That’s terrible. **** even 4.9 ypc is far from good...
That’s why imo I dont Get why it’s assumed he should start over these other guys like Davis and lingard(if healthy) honestly. Imo people overstate how good Dallas is until proven otherwise.
View attachment 84201

I think some of these games need to be given more context for Dallas.

Yes he wasn't very good in some of them, but our entire run game and offense was bad as well - it wasn't just him

FSU - Homer 3.3 ypc, Dallas 3.1 ypc
BC - Homer 3.1 ypc, Dallas 3.3 ypc
Wisconsin - Homer 1.6 ypc, Dallas 2.0 ypc, Cam -1 ypc

Our offense was so poor in those games, it didn't really matter who the RB was - no one was going to do anything.

I totally get that Cam is the big play, flashier, more exciting guy - so he sticks out much more than Deejay's solid consistency.

For Example - everyone will remember Cam's bug games vs. GT & VT, but no one's gonna remember against Pitt Dallas went 8-39 4.9 ypc 1TD while Cam went 8-15 1.9 ypc with a lost fumble.

So Lingard wasn’t ahead of him before the injury y’all gotta chill on the we know he’s better how when the man hasn’t gotten the chance to really play

Advertisement
So Lingard wasn’t ahead of him before the injury y’all gotta chill on the we know he’s better how when the man hasn’t gotten the chance to really play
I don't think Lingard was ahead by that much, and if he was it was because he was an EE. This isn't a matter of who is better, most people have high expectations for Lingard, this is a matter of saying Lingard will be better because he is bigger and faster, which is terrible reasoning. That being said there are plenty of who say Lingard is better and like u said, he "hasn't gotten the chance to really play", so how do people know that.

I agree with you my big question with lingard out of high school was lack of competition and playing in wing offense. I think cam is a type of guy who has a 10 year career nfl consistent monster and lingard is 4 year explosive player and then out due to injury or loss of speed.

I think some of these games need to be given more context for Dallas.

Yes he wasn't very good in some of them, but our entire run game and offense was bad as well - it wasn't just him

FSU - Homer 3.3 ypc, Dallas 3.1 ypc
BC - Homer 3.1 ypc, Dallas 3.3 ypc
Wisconsin - Homer 1.6 ypc, Dallas 2.0 ypc, Cam -1 ypc

Our offense was so poor in those games, it didn't really matter who the RB was - no one was going to do anything.

I totally get that Cam is the big play, flashier, more exciting guy - so he sticks out much more than Deejay's solid consistency.

For Example - everyone will remember Cam's bug games vs. GT & VT, but no one's gonna remember against Pitt Dallas went 8-39 4.9 ypc 1TD while Cam went 8-15 1.9 ypc with a lost fumble.
That’s not true because even with the offense being bad homer still performed better than Dallas. Deejay really struggled those last 8 games which included fumbles that played a hand in costing 2-3 games.

Down the stretch I still like what homer did over what Dallas did even with that sh*tty style of offense. he clearly outperformed Dallas imo

I don't think Lingard was ahead by that much, and if he was it was because he was an EE. This isn't a matter of who is better, most people have high expectations for Lingard, this is a matter of saying Lingard will be better because he is bigger and faster, which is terrible reasoning. That being said there are plenty of who say Lingard is better and like u said, he "hasn't gotten the chance to really play", so how do people know that.
How do we know if he was ahead by a little or a lot I just know the man never looked out of place,No matter what setting he was playing in. He doesn’t deserve to be downgraded because he’s injured just common logic he can’t prove you right or wrong if he hasn’t been able to take the field legitimately

Advertisement
I agree with you my big question with lingard out of high school was lack of competition and playing in wing offense. I think cam is a type of guy who has a 10 year career nfl consistent monster and lingard is 4 year explosive player and then out due to injury or loss of speed.
Why is so much significance being placed on the The wing t offense though? Lingard ain’t the first and won’t be the last who will succeed coming from that offense. Football is a football at the end of the day and if you can get a guy with gifts of lingard to ball at this level then we ain’t coming back period. Now back in regards to gurley, he is a prime example, he did NOT play in a spread or prostyle offense. He was in a wing T offense like lingard and has had a **** of career thus far. Fans love hating our players, never fails, 4 year nfl career because of what? Smfh...

Why is so much significance being placed on the The wing t offense though? Lingard ain’t the first and won’t be the last who will succeed coming from that offense. Gurley is a prime example, did NOT play in a spread or prostyle offense. He was in a wing T offense like lingard and has had a **** of career thus far. Fans love hating our players, never fails, 4 year nfl career because of what? Smfh...
Message board prophets

Why is so much significance being placed on the The wing t offense though? Lingard ain’t the first and won’t be the last who will succeed coming from that offense. Gurley is a prime example, did NOT play in a spread or prostyle offense. He was in a wing T offense like lingard and has had a **** of career thus far. Fans love hating our players, never fails, 4 year nfl career because of what? Smfh...
The 4 year comment I made is just because I have a gut feeling for some reason. The wing t is because running backs dont have as many assignments in the offense as other and no one runs it anymore

Why is so much significance being placed on the The wing t offense though? Lingard ain’t the first and won’t be the last who will succeed coming from that offense. Football is a football at the end of the day and if you can get a guy with gifts of lingard to ball at this level then we ain’t coming back period. Now back in regards to gurley, he is a prime example, he did NOT play in a spread or prostyle offense. He was in a wing T offense like lingard and has had a **** of career thus far. Fans love hating our players, never fails, 4 year nfl career because of what? Smfh...
And I'm not saying I dont like lingard I just view cam as a more complete back

Advertisement
The 4 year comment I made is just because I have a gut feeling for some reason. The wing t is because running backs dont have as many assignments in the offense as other and no one runs it anymore
Lingard cut different, he could have went to img or whatever and got incorporated in a spread/prostyle offense but he sacrificed and he’s a loyal guy and stayed with University school just like he didn’t visit any other program after he committed to Miami. Like I said He’s not the first back to make the transition from a wing T. You get a big and fast athlete in space then look out period

I don't think and am on record there was more risk to Lingard than your average 5* back...Loved the freakish size/speed combo, and acknowledge the overall package. But he def has a weird running style, a little hitch in his stride (weird for such an accomplished track kid), can be brought down by 1 guy, and as the others have said...Vision is questionable.

I actually didn't think he was a "5 star" and he can still prove me wrong...Notice I didn't say I didn't want him/question the take...He's a true cane, and had/has huge upside with that long speed and size combo.

Advertisement
At 6'1 190 pounds:
High Jump 1.93m
Long Jump 6.02m
60 Meter Dash 7.02
60 Meter Hurdles 8.76
100 Meter Dash 10.71
110 Meter Hurdles 13.94
200 Meter Dash 21.94
300 Meter Hurdles 36.63

To go along with:
Nike rating of 104.49
40 Yard Dash: 4.53
Shuttle 4.34
Vertical 36.6
Powerball: 38

And also:
1701 rushing yards
16TDS
US Army All American
Gatorade Florida player of the year

But he "wasnt a 5 star" and "Is only a big guy that can run fast in a straight line".... You sirs are big cappers

That’s not true because even with the offense being bad homer still performed better than Dallas. Deejay really struggled those last 8 games which included fumbles that played a hand in costing 2-3 games.
View attachment 84214

Down the stretch I still like what homer did over what Dallas did even with that sh*tty style of offense. he clearly outperformed Dallas imo

I definitely agree Homer was better - no question

But Homer also averaged under 4 ypc in 4 of the 5 games where Dallas averaged under 4 ypc

80% of the time when Dallas had a bad ypc - Homer wasn't good either

Homer-Dallas.jpg

Now when Homer was good - he was much better.

Dallas had 2 (I think 3) fumbles in the Duke game, and it cost us the game. But I think that's an anomaly. He hadn't fumbled at all before that. He only cost us 1 game.

Fumbles lost after the Duke game - Homer 2, Dallas 1, Cam 1

I definitely agree Homer was better - no question

But Homer also averaged under 4 ypc in 4 of the 5 games where Dallas averaged under 4 ypc

80% of the time when Dallas had a bad ypc - Homer wasn't good either

View attachment 84216

Now when Homer was good - he was much better.

Dallas had 2 (I think 3) fumbles in the Duke game, and it cost us the game. But I think that's an anomaly. He hadn't fumbled at all before that. He only cost us 1 game.

Fumbles lost after the Duke game - Homer 2, Dallas 1, Cam 1
Meant to say miscues I think When he fielded that kick return at the one or so and stepped out vs bc put Miami in a bad spot when the game was 17-14 or so, rosier threw a pick right after

Aint nobody downplaying cam dawg u always so dramatic. We just saying Lingard has a higher ceiling because hes a far superior athlete. Thats usually what a higher ceiling means. No need to get worked up over this they both Canes and I love them both
Lingard is a far superior athlete??....Lol...Just stop...

Advertisement
Back