Kirby Smart

Advertisement
he also took over a team Richt recruited and built, so there's that.

And Manny was here for the last ______ years before he was appointed.

Kirby was thrown into it.

So does this mean it is irrelevant? Because I am fairly certain there is no correlation and if Kirby performed chitty, nobody would bring it up (like DJ Durkin).

Imagine FSU hiring a OC as a head coach from a sputtering program..or Clemson doing the same..results must’ve been a ****show
Difference between those two coaches fisher and Cabo is both were elite recruiters and Diaz is NOT! Seriously dude, don’t even compare Diaz to those two, it’s an insult to real coaches like fisher and dabo to be compared to a corch who can’t recruit. Smh

Kirby can recruit with $.

Diaz can't recruit with $. He can't recruit at all.
Diaz cant recruit? Your sample size is what exactly? He did really well in the transfer portal after being left an average class from Richt. Way too early to comment on recruiting

Advertisement
their OC is a guy we fired. how good could he be? he sucked when he was here.

amazing how much better he got when his HC was able to but players.
Did you see this weeks game. Our staff is horrible man.

Difference between those two coaches fisher and Cabo is both were elite recruiters and Diaz is NOT! Seriously dude, don’t even compare Diaz to those two, it’s an insult to real coaches like fisher and dabo to be compared to a corch who can’t recruit. Smh
Dabo was not a elite recruiter before he took over Clemson and they started winning. Jimbo was the OC for how many years at FSU and that offense was the worse it had been because the talent fell off. Wasn’t until he became the HC and turned it around. But he wasn’t regarded as a elite recruiter before that. Basically they became elite recruiters in retrospect..

Dabo was not a elite recruiter before he took over Clemson and they started winning. Jimbo was the OC for how many years at FSU and that offense was the worse it had been because the talent fell off. Wasn’t until he became the HC and turned it around. But he wasn’t regarded as a elite recruiter before that. Basically they became elite recruiters in retrospect..
You’re a moron if you don’t think both were elite recruiters and there’s clearly no helping. Ask anyone with a smidgen of knowledge on here and they’ll all tell you that Dabo and fisher were and are elite recruiters. Check the class rankings if you don’t believe me. Let’s live I’m reality dude, Diaz can’t even hold thoses dudes cup of coffee.

And Manny was here for the last ______ years before he was appointed.

Kirby was thrown into it.

So does this mean it is irrelevant? Because I am fairly certain there is no correlation and if Kirby performed chitty, nobody would bring it up (like DJ Durkin).

at this point any comparison would be meaningless only 4 games into the season. I think OP makes a point that on its face is no less or no more valid than your DJ Durkin scenario. Either one could pan out.

Advertisement
In his first year as head coach he played some team called Nichols State. The final score was 26-24. Even lost to GT and went 8-5. I’m sure the fans called for his head. Now look. Since then he took Bama to overtime in the championship game the following year and the next year he was up big in the SEC championship game and got beat in the last minute.

Point being, give it a rest you idiots for calling for a coaches head after 4 games. He inherited an absolute **** show. There’s 2 freshman on the oline, and 2 shophmores, that’s a recipe for disaster. I created a thread in camp that if Zion was the starter at LT be patient. Clearly didn’t happen. You are embarrassing the fanbase.

We aren’t signing 10 5* each year that masks the poor coaching.

No your retarded if you don't think Uga fans wouldn't of been calling for Pruitt's head after a 5 loss season. Dabo is the only example of a coach from a failed staff getting promoted and being successful
I’ll throw jimbo Fisher in there and so far Big O at LSU

You’re a moron if you don’t think both were elite recruiters and there’s clearly no helping. Ask anyone with a smidgen of knowledge on here and they’ll all tell you that Dabo and fisher were and are elite recruiters. Check the class rankings if you don’t believe me. Let’s live I’m reality dude, Diaz can’t even hold thoses dudes cup of coffee.
No your a moron lol..go look at their recruiting success as assistants..like I said your basing this off what they did at their peek..I’m saying they were not regarded as great recruiters as assistants..jimbo was seen as a elite offensive mind at the time..and Dabo was just the only person not to get the axe. He was Clemson’s Larry Scott

One of the many million of differences between Manny and Kirby and the most pertinent one is that Manny assembled the D-Team of coaching staph's.

Manny is going to need to overcome his band of clones on defense and ****** journeymen on offense and that's just too much for a guy with already a **** ton on his plate.

Advertisement
I still Don’t think kirby is that good of a coach as Notre dame was in position to win that game late and he has had multiple big game blunders late in the season in addition to 2 blowout losses to auburn and LSU in each of the last 2 years. With that being said smart is arguably the best recruiter in the country and they do whatever it take$ to get recruits so yeah..
I don’t know if Kirby is a good coach or not but he was smart enough to surround himself with good coaches and Diaz wasn’t. Plus Kirby teams are wayyyy more disciplined than ours. 13 penalties against CMU smh

#1 Clemson: Dabo Swinney went 7-6 in his first year at Clemson
Clemson was not 'committed to winning', as we like to say on CIS. Tommy Bowden went 10 seasons without a 10-win season before Clemson fired him. Dabo went 4-3 as interim HC, and only kept the job by beating arch-rival USCe in the last game. His words, not mine. Clemson was fortunate Dabo worked out. Anyone who tells you they believed Dabo would build this dynasty is lying.

Dabo is smart. He knows he's a CEO-type and hires the best he can. The Clemson pro-style offense was struggling, so he hires Chad Morris as OC from Tulsa. Morris set records at Tulsa and was one year removed from being a state multiple-championship high school coach. Clemson gave up 70 to West Virginia in a bowl game. Dabo hires Brent Venerables away from OU.

Clemson has seen the ROI on winning big they aren't going back.

#2 Alabama: Nick Saban went 7-6 in his first year at Alabama (actually 2-6 if you count that they had 5 wins vacated)
Saban won a NC at LSU a few years earlier, and Bama was coming off years of mediocrity. Patience was warranted.

#3 Georgia: Kirby Smart went 8-5 in his first year at Georgia
Smart was Saban's right hand DC for many of Saban's NCs. He hired top assistants and coordinators. One year of transition wasn't unrealistic.

I'm fine with being patient with Manny. But, he needs to make changes this off-season for me to believe. He doesn't have the resume for me to accept 'staying the course' will work out.

at this point any comparison would be meaningless only 4 games into the season. I think OP makes a point that on its face is no less or no more valid than your DJ Durkin scenario. Either one could pan out.

So both are random and irrelevant.

Advertisement
#1 Clemson: Dabo Swinney went 7-6 in his first year at Clemson
Clemson was not 'committed to winning', as we like to say on CIS. Tommy Bowden went 10 seasons without a 10-win season before Clemson fired him.

In Dabo’s first full season, he went 9-5. This was in 2009. He took over on an interim basis in 2008 (he went 4-3).

Bowden went 9-4 in 2007. He was fired (mid-season) in 2008 after going 3-3.

Really?! He inherited a **** show that he was half in charge of. So half the **** show is on manny himself. Which is why you never hire someone from a failed regime and UM is so dumb they’ve done it twice. This will end the same Wayne’s randy, mark my words.
Dabo Swinney begs to differ

I’m aware. It is irrelevant.

Why not use DJ Durkin or the tons of other dudes who never accomplished anything?

It makes his point stronger. Example of a Bad start = elite within a year or two and exMole is a bad start = continuing mediocrity basically means it’s too early.

Advertisement
Back