Kirby Smart

Canesfan0024

Recruit
Banned
In his first year as head coach he played some team called Nichols State. The final score was 26-24. Even lost to GT and went 8-5. I’m sure the fans called for his head. Now look. Since then he took Bama to overtime in the championship game the following year and the next year he was up big in the SEC championship game and got beat in the last minute.

Point being, give it a rest you idiots for calling for a coaches head after 4 games. He inherited an absolute **** show. There’s 2 freshman on the oline, and 2 shophmores, that’s a recipe for disaster. I created a thread in camp that if Zion was the starter at LT be patient. Clearly didn’t happen. You are embarrassing the fanbase.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I will say I'm seriously curious about how bad things were. I know the O line situation was horrid and good linemen take time to develop, but this is still bad enough that you wonder where the problems are persisting.

Advertisement
Smart was Saban’s right hand DC for years. A transition from Richt to Smart was acceptable, maybe expected.

Diaz was fired by Mack Brown mid-season, and had to rebuild career at Louisiana Tech and Mississippi State.

Big difference.

Diaz was Mack Brown's scapegoat, and guess what things did not improve and Mack got fired at the end of the year. Either you are childish, stupid, or just trying to stir up trouble.

haha! The logic... we're four games into his coaching career and he can't recruit.
Yes he can't. Look at when he was DC.
This current class looks horrible, too many projects, too many underrated 3 star gems. I would have no problem with that if Diaz can develop. But he can't do that either. Just look at the **** defense right now and our senior LBs.

Advertisement
In his first year as head coach he played some team called Nichols State. The final score was 26-24. Even lost to GT and went 8-5. I’m sure the fans called for his head. Now look. Since then he took Bama to overtime in the championship game the following year and the next year he was up big in the SEC championship game and got beat in the last minute.

Point being, give it a rest you idiots for calling for a coaches head after 4 games. He inherited an absolute **** show. There’s 2 freshman on the oline, and 2 shophmores, that’s a recipe for disaster. I created a thread in camp that if Zion was the starter at LT be patient. Clearly didn’t happen. You are embarrassing the fanbase.
"You are embarrassing the fanbase."

Frankly you are for accepting mediocrity

Smart was Saban’s right hand DC for years. A transition from Richt to Smart was acceptable, maybe expected.

Diaz was fired by Mack Brown mid-season, and had to rebuild career at Louisiana Tech and Mississippi State.

Big difference.
What about hiring a WR coach people never heard of? How’d that work?

Advertisement
Ah yes the anecdotal evidence thread. Love these.

The “mess” he inherited was never mentioned until now. So convenient.

Manny was part of this staff and contributed to the mess.

Kirby was at Alabama winningn title after title learning from the greatest college coach ever.

Just stop.
You started off well, then regressed to putting Nick Saban's **** in your mouth. Not a good look.

Ah yes the anecdotal evidence thread. Love these.

The “mess” he inherited was never mentioned until now. So convenient.

Manny was part of this staff and contributed to the mess.

Kirby was at Alabama winningn title after title learning from the greatest college coach ever.

Just stop.
Are you serious you can’t be that blind? Jarren Williams wanted out for a reason. Multiple receivers wanted out. We had what felt like 50 decommits in Nov/December and the day Richt packed his circus up and left town we had the 39th ranked recruiting class. Lol yup nothing to see here

This lovely schitshow on defense is brought to you by none other than Manny himself. Depth, inexperience, and coaching are all on him. So it's not even close to the same. He is more Pruitt than Smart.

Advertisement
Back