Kirby Smart

You think The recruiting class we have rn..is bad?..and your basing all of this on 4 games..maybe Diaz won’t workout, maybe he is the next Dabo swinney(actually more qualified then Dabo was at the time of his hire)..but it seems fans like yourself were never on board with the hire and have just waited for the first opportunity to jump on him. And conveniently enough we are 2-2. Which is cool, if that’s what floats your boat have at it. But at least be your consistent lol. Personally I will hold off judgment of him in the overall sense, I’ll point the things I like about what **** do, but call out the thing I didn’t like. (The handling of the oline thus far) but I won’t jump to a conclusion of him being DJ Durkin or Dabo
It was a lazy hire. I've said it from the very beginning. But I gave him a chance. Red flags after red flags, I tried to ignore.
This staff won't do it. Then, I take a look at our recruiting class and the recruiting classes under Richt and I see how grim it is. Busts after busts recruited and developed by Diaz. And yes, our current class is bad.
The job is too big for Diaz and Co. This is a CMU level staff.

Advertisement
In his first year as head coach he played some team called Nichols State. The final score was 26-24. Even lost to GT and went 8-5. I’m sure the fans called for his head. Now look. Since then he took Bama to overtime in the championship game the following year and the next year he was up big in the SEC championship game and got beat in the last minute.

Point being, give it a rest you idiots for calling for a coaches head after 4 games. He inherited an absolute **** show. There’s 2 freshman on the oline, and 2 shophmores, that’s a recipe for disaster. I created a thread in camp that if Zion was the starter at LT be patient. Clearly didn’t happen. You are embarrassing the fanbase.

I hear what you are saying, but I have a different take. My take is Diaz is no different than any other hire we made in the 21st century. Combine that with the fact that if Diaz is fired, his replacement will be yet another 7-5 type.

Advertisement
In his first year as head coach he played some team called Nichols State. The final score was 26-24. Even lost to GT and went 8-5. I’m sure the fans called for his head. Now look. Since then he took Bama to overtime in the championship game the following year and the next year he was up big in the SEC championship game and got beat in the last minute.

Point being, give it a rest you idiots for calling for a coaches head after 4 games. He inherited an absolute **** show. There’s 2 freshman on the oline, and 2 shophmores, that’s a recipe for disaster. I created a thread in camp that if Zion was the starter at LT be patient. Clearly didn’t happen. You are embarrassing the fanbase.
And to your point, they barely won several of the games they did win that year.

Out of their 8 wins, they....

• Beat FCS School Nichols St. by 2 (we handled our FCS school 63-0)
  • Beat Missouri by 1
  • Beat Kentucky by 3

Out of their 5 losses, they....

• Lost to Unranked Ole Miss by 31
  • Lost to Unranked Vanderbilt (our version of UNC?)
  • Lost to both of their rivals (UF and GT)

But everyone here is so quick to ride the jockstrap of some other school/coach. It’s really embarrassing.

Most of you guys have either got to be...

1. Extremely depressed in your personal/professional lives and live in a doom and gloom world so you go overboard when the canes don’t give you the external relief you are looking for.
  2. 12 year old kids with no life experience who expect instant gratification and think 4 games is a good enough sample size to predict the outcome of a coaches career.

You are embarrassing.

Listen, I’m not saying I think Manny Diaz is the next great coach, I just simply don’t know yet and I need to see how things go before I can base a strong opinion one way or the other.

But let’s look at this for perspective.

#1 Clemson: Dabo Swinney went 7-6 in his first year at Clemson
#2 Alabama: Nick Saban went 7-6 in his first year at Alabama (actually 2-6 if you count that they had 5 wins vacated)
#3 Georgia: Kirby Smart went 8-5 in his first year at Georgia

I don’t know if their fans were calling for their heads after year 1, frankly I don’t care because they aren’t my teams. But it is embarrassing for you to want to give up on a coach after only 4 games, I get that it has been underwhelming and we are growing impatient, but success just simply is rarely an overnight thing. 4 games isn’t a big enough sample size to want a coach fired, especially not a first time head coach who turned our defense in to one of the better units we have had in a LONG time.

I wish we could fire fans....

Last edited:
It was a lazy hire. I've said it from the very beginning. But I gave him a chance. Red flags after red flags, I tried to ignore.
This staff won't do it. Then, I take a look at our recruiting class and the recruiting classes under Richt and I see how grim it is. Busts after busts recruited and developed by Diaz. And yes, our current class is bad.
The job is too big for Diaz and Co. This is a CMU level staff.
But you concluding this off 4 games and a bias look in the beginning..I don’t think it was a lazy hire..you have to look at the landscape at the time. But no matter who you hire, it’s a leap of faith unless your talking unrealistic guys like Saban, kelly or Dabo..our current recruiting class is fine imo. Again last years class was a rush job because of the timing of MR departure...and lastly this bust after bust as far as players on Diaz’s defense? Where are getting that from? Robert knowels..yes..but he wasn’t even a Diaz guy..I’m positive unless hit with injury to the LBs this defense will continue to get better as this year progressive.

With all that said I’m holding off all judgments.

We back?

Advertisement
Is Kirby Smart the Georgia version of Randy Shannon?

This entire board is how folks compare to Shannon today so why not?

Diaz was already coaching here on a failed staff and got promoted. Smart was DC of multiple championship teams. Big difference and why Uga fans were willing to be more patient with Smart than we will be with Manny. A better example would of been if Uga hired Jeremy Pruitt and they went 8-5. I can garuntee you georgia fans would of called for his head.
WTF? Pruitt was the DC at FSU when they won and at Bama when they won the Natty. Seriously you are retarded.

And Diaz did not fail. He did his job. We had a top 5 defense and the offense was in the 100’s. Guess who called plays. There’s a reason Diaz came in and fired every single offensive staff member.

What’s your excuse for Clemson hiring a WR coach?

Its not the score of the game.. its how unprepared we look.. the coaching is just not very good.. thats it.. nothing more to litigate

We have no budget. We can't pay at all! UGA and the rest of the SEC is protected. Look at our roster and look at UGA roster. If you think this roster is taking Bama to overtime, I don't know what to tell you.

And no, Diaz didn't inherit a ****show. You know who did? BUTCH.
If you don’t think we pay you are dumb

Advertisement

Thats all well and good......but what F do you mean he "inherited"????
Like he hasn't been here and essentially responsible for half the team for the entire tenure of the previous regime.

WTF? Pruitt was the DC at FSU when they won and at Bama when they won the Natty. Seriously you are retarded.

And Diaz did not fail. He did his job. We had a top 5 defense and the offense was in the 100’s. Guess who called plays. There’s a reason Diaz came in and fired every single offensive staff member.

Let me guess.....you are cuban?

Advertisement

No your retarded if you don't think Uga fans wouldn't of been calling for Pruitt's head after a 5 loss season. Dabo is the only example of a coach from a failed staff getting promoted and being successful

I still Don’t think kirby is that good of a coach as Notre dame was in position to win that game late and he has had multiple big game blunders late in the season in addition to 2 blowout losses to auburn and LSU in each of the last 2 years. With that being said smart is arguably the best recruiter in the country and they do whatever it take$ to get recruits so yeah..

...but Kirby knew it took a year to start dropping bags with recruits. now look at them. no way miami ever gets to uga's level until we get a coach with a killer, win at all cost, instinct... Urban Meyer.

I will say I'm seriously curious about how bad things were. I know the O line situation was horrid and good linemen take time to develop, but this is still bad enough that you wonder where the problems are persisting.

The problems persisted with the damage troll shalala caused, coach richt is the 1st coach since butch davis that has come in and recruited at an overall high level again program wide, and im not talking about that star ***** **** and class rankings bullshat. Had coach richt stayed, it was only going to get better team wide, last year was the blow up year, we're 2 & 2, lost 2 games we should have won, and barely beat Central Michigan, not good signs for coach diaz. But he's a smart guy, and quick learner, once he learns to stop running his trap to much, talking about "how the team got better" before a game and than going out being in a close contest like that, everybody need to step their games up.

Coach enos comes off as the bandwagon type, but dont ***** up during a game, cause than that's 99% on jw15, play well, than that **** standing their gloating & than comes the "he's taking the things we gave him to work on talks" when we just witnessed the d-co from Central Michigan dog coach enos and his offense!

Advertisement
Back