Kiper new mock: 3 canes in the first round.

Advertisement
mark my words, this 6-7 team will put more productive pros in the nfl than this year's bama team.

Dump the NFL mentality & get back to goals of winning ACC/bowl games/NC........way too much emphasis on the NFL instead of bringing the U back in the top 5. This is NOT the way it used to be.

This has always been the mentality, kids want use this as a spring board to the league. Nothing wrong with that because if they are playing well enough to get drafted we should reap the benefits.

Golden brings the ol rap lyrics out of me. "Somebody, Anybody, Everybody....SCREAM!!!!!!!!!! Guy is simply the worst at all things college football.

Advertisement
If Dorsett performs well at the rest of these showcases until the draft he will skyrocket up these boards. So many teams need a good wideout. Minnesota St. Louis NYG and Kansas City all need wideout help. Those teams sit in the Top 15. If he runs a 4.2 **** even a 4.3 and shows good clean routes and solid hands someone take that early.

Advertisement
If this actually happens then Goodell should step to the podium after the 3rd Cane is taken and fire our entire staff himself. Sorry Beard, the new corch will probably interview you.

Smh y'all are crazy if you think that well have three first round picks...

How are we crazy? Flowers is being touted as a top 15 pick, DP is a beast in the middle and I don't see him getting out of the first round. That would leave us needing 1 more player to go in the 1st, and I could see Dorsett going in the first based off his 40 at the combine coupled with his production this season. Walford could be the 1st TE off the board and if he sneaks in a faster 40 than we are expecting he could go higher than we think as well.

The people at the senior bowl and East-West Shrine game basically called out are coaching staff for not utilizing the talent we had last season.

Advertisement
Why do people think a few top level players is a talent rich class?

Didn't the 2001 Canes have like 20 first rounders and like 40 guys on it who had careers in the NFL.

We had talent on this team but as far as being a talent rich team, that's laughable by Miami standards. This team certainly should have had a better record than what it had but as with any team that's not deep as you get further into the season and are more impacted by injuries you cant stand the test of the long season that other deep teams can. This team was not deep enough to win any type of title and would have been beat to **** and back by any Miami team who ever won a title.

When you have no one to replace the Duke threat it takes good coaches about 1 week to figure out how to beat you. When your Oline gets beat up and your running game and rookie QB takes hits then your flow takes a major hit. Great coaching staffs can absorb and redirect in the face of these challenges and that's just one area where the inexperience of this staff is an obvious weakness. You could also argue that outside of Jimmie, Miami has never had great coaching staffs they have always just flat out had more talented teams.

Just because it doesn't compare to the 2001 Miami team doesn't mean it isn't talent rich. That literally saying if it isn't the greatest of all time, it isn't good. It just doesn't make any sense to compare this, or any team in the country, to that team.
This teams talent is not laughable by Miami standards at all. Your what-ifs don't make much sense either. If we have real coaches this year, do we win a national title, or better than any of our other 5 National Championship teams? probably not. But what does that have to do with anything.
We easily had enough talent to win the Orange Bowl this year. We are without a doubt more talented than every team we played other than FSU. And that is a plain fact, there is no argument against it.

Also you must be crazy saying other than Jimmy Johnson, we have never had great coaching staffs. NFL head coaches in the 2000's that have at some point coached here:
Marc Trestman, Rob Chudzinski, Chuck Pagano, Greg Schiano, Dave Wannstedt, Dave Campo, Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis

I don't care if they were/weren't succesfull in the NFL, you can't tell me we didn't have GREAT coaches here.

As a Bears fan, here's hoping Perryman can slip to the 2nd and Dorsett to the 3rd just so they can be w/ my professional team. As a Canes fan, here's hoping Mel is correct. Here's hoping that 5 Canes are drafted w/in the first 2 rounds and that we have all nine drafted before the 6th. I hate Golden...there I admit it. I was very upset when PSU didn't take him...just as upset w/ D'Onofrio didn't take the Temple job 3yrs ago.

Golden flat out wasted talent and continues to waste talent. He's neutered Burns, Howard, Bush and Carter. Carter was one of the best safeties in the nation, known for being a head hunter, and he's stuck in zone. Howard was thee best DB in America, shut down w/ 10 ints coming in his Sr. year and he's stuck in zone. Burns, one of the best DBs in America w/ elite track speed, stuck in zone. We got guys like Fentress starting at 5'8 185lbs as a walk-on b/c Al likes him. Huh?? Golden is a true problem and this draft will prove to everyone that Golden needs to go immediately.

Advertisement
This is great news but I don't see Dorsett going in the 1st round. He'll be the fastest wideout, but there are other wideouts who are fast, have size, run better routes and are playmakers. I don't see too many running a 4.2 but I see quite a few too wideouts running between a 4.4 and a 4.5... You have wideouts like Alghelor and Greene who are a little bit bigger but have good speed and they may not be 1st rounders. I wouldn't be surprised to see them running 4.4's. Then you have, players like Cooper, Parker, White who are considered the top 3 at their position. Meanwhile players like Diggs, Funchess and Strong are fringe 1st rounders... It will be interesting.

credits/complements to our staff for taking lower rated recruits Walford and Dorsett and turning them into a better pro prospect than FSU's higher rated Oleary and Greene.

Mock drafts don't mean ****, but let's say they all go in the first round... does that mean Al and Co. do develop players or nah?

mark my words, this 6-7 team will put more productive pros in the nfl than this year's bama team.

I completely agree.

That's actually not that difficult considering that most of Bama's players don't do much in the NFL. The only one who has truly balled out is Julio Jones

This isn't true... Eddie Lacy, CJ Mosely, Dareus (DT for bills), even Mark Ingrsm was a solid back this year. Bana has some busts but who doesn't, however they are putting studs in the league. They probably have more but I don't follow them like that.

Advertisement
Back