Kiper new mock: 3 canes in the first round.

credits/complements to our staff for taking lower rated recruits Walford and Dorsett and turning them into a better pro prospect than FSU's higher rated Oleary and Greene.

How can we say they turned them into better prospects when they maybe drafted around the same round? We're really reaching... Walford and Oleary were among the top TE and Greene was utilized better at FSU thsn we used PD. When the previous staff signed Walford and received the commitment from PD they thought they were better prospects regardless of the ratings. Walford was touted in 2010 for his athleticism before the added weight. PD was viewed by RS as the better wideout. They put more emphasis in the recruiting game on PD then Greene.

Advertisement
This is great news but I don't see Dorsett going in the 1st round. He'll be the fastest wideout, but there are other wideouts who are fast, have size, run better routes and are playmakers. I don't see too many running a 4.2 but I see quite a few too wideouts running between a 4.4 and a 4.5... You have wideouts like Alghelor and Greene who are a little bit bigger but have good speed and they may not be 1st rounders. I wouldn't be surprised to see them running 4.4's. Then you have, players like Cooper, Parker, White who are considered the top 3 at their position. Meanwhile players like Diggs, Funchess and Strong are fringe 1st rounders... It will be interesting.

Difference is that Dorsett has the type of speed that changes game plans and puts the fear of God in defensive coaches and DBs. A guy like Greene is a more polished overall WR, but what Dorsett has is that ability to hit the homerun, and that's what everyone wants.

This is great news but I don't see Dorsett going in the 1st round. He'll be the fastest wideout, but there are other wideouts who are fast, have size, run better routes and are playmakers. I don't see too many running a 4.2 but I see quite a few too wideouts running between a 4.4 and a 4.5... You have wideouts like Alghelor and Greene who are a little bit bigger but have good speed and they may not be 1st rounders. I wouldn't be surprised to see them running 4.4's. Then you have, players like Cooper, Parker, White who are considered the top 3 at their position. Meanwhile players like Diggs, Funchess and Strong are fringe 1st rounders... It will be interesting.

Difference is that Dorsett has the type of speed that changes game plans and puts the fear of God in defensive coaches and DBs. A guy like Greene is a more polished overall WR, but what Dorsett has is that ability to hit the homerun, and that's what everyone wants.

If you run a 4.4 you scare defenses... Greene wideout skills and his "good speed" still puts him over the top... Jacory Ford had crazy speed and did nothing in the league. I just feel there are too many wide outs who can run and are better overall skills that will go before him. PD is the clear cut fastest but Parker, White and Cooper are fast... The guys like Greene, Alghelor and Diggs are fast (like 4.4)... All those guys can blow the top off of a defense... The top 3 rookie wideouts last year didn't even run a 4.4 and they made crazy plays(if Bills had a qb Watkins would have killed it)... Benjamin, Evans and Becham were all 4.5 runners(Benjamin ran a 4.6, I know he's faster but that's what he ran). I'm just saying speed isn't enough to draft him in the 1st round when you have fast guys who may have other superior skills to him.

Advertisement
mark my words, this 6-7 team will put more productive pros in the nfl than this year's bama team.

I completely agree.

That's actually not that difficult considering that most of Bama's players don't do much in the NFL. The only one who has truly balled out is Julio Jones

This is silly .

Average NFL career is 3.5 years.

Most players that get drafted don't produce. It's the nature of the beast.

Somehow UM players from this 6-7 team are genetically predisposed to avoid the injuries, concussions, off field drama, etc. and all the other stuff that ends careers?

mark my words, this 6-7 team will put more productive pros in the nfl than this year's bama team.

I completely agree.

That's actually not that difficult considering that most of Bama's players don't do much in the NFL. The only one who has truly balled out is Julio Jones

This is silly .

Somehow UM players from this 6-7 team are genetically predisposed to avoid the injuries, concussions, off field drama, etc. and all the other stuff that ends careers?

You're missing the point. The point is that given their high draft status as of late and somewhat lofty expectations, Alabama players in general seem to underwhelm once in the pros. I don't know if that is a product of Nick Saban running a great system or if they're "run-down" by the time they reach the NFL.

Our talent level is increasing, which is a great thing. It's also the main reason we are all mad as **** we aren't winning. For the first time in how many years will we have, at least possibly, multiple players taken in the first round? That's about the only positive thing I can say about this staff. They can spot talent and develop it. **** shame they can't figure out what to actually DO with it. It's like a guy who knows how to fine tune an engine, but doesn't know how to drive the **** car.

When the day comes we get a coach that can get the most out of the talent he has, we will win big, again.

Golden didn't spot chit except for flowers. Dorsett committed to Shannon and golden had to be talked Into keeping Perryman by a member of the previous staff rumor has it. Meanwhile close to 40 of this guys recruits don't last a dam year or whatever.

And right now can you say Miami's talent level is increasing? Especially on offense. Who is replacing dorsett and the other players that left? You say the talent level is increasing so show me the guys who are just as good or better than the guys that are leaving? Curious to c this.

I completely agree.

This is silly .

You're missing the point. The point is that given their high draft status as of late and somewhat lofty expectations, Alabama players in general seem to underwhelm once in the pros. I don't know if that is a product of Nick Saban running a great system or if they're "run-down" by the time they reach the NFL.

However, what you don't understand is that what you are saying is false... Eddie Lacy, Marcrlius Dareus, CJ Mosely, along with solid players in Mark Ingram and Mark Barron...

Advertisement
Mock drafts don't mean ****, but let's say they all go in the first round... does that mean Al and Co. do develop players or nah?

So what I al suppose to get a cookie? Shannon had guys drafted and with some players currently starting in the NFL. You had a hard time giving him credit for anything but not good ole Al Huh?

Advertisement
Where does Walford project?

I feel like he could be the first or second TE taken depending on how he runs at the combine. I see him as a 2nd rounder which would probably mean 5 players in the top 2 rounds.

He SHOULD be the 1st TE taken in the draft.

Dude is going to be a monster for whatever team picks him.

I hope the Dolphins do something smart for once and take Walford (or Perryman, Dorsett, Duke)

Maybe Walford goes to the broncos in the 1st. Denver is losing Thomas

Advertisement
Mock drafts don't mean ****, but let's say they all go in the first round... does that mean Al and Co. do develop players or nah?

So what I al suppose to get a cookie? Shannon had guys drafted and with some players currently starting in the NFL. You had a hard time giving him credit for anything but not good ole Al Huh?

Has nothing to do with shannon, people say Al doesn't develop guys, these three guys are rated highly and sought after. So does he develop guys or not?

Has nothing to do with shannon, people say Al doesn't develop guys, these three guys are rated highly and sought after. So does he develop guys or not?

You said Shannon didn't develop guys despite the NFL draft, all acc teams, guys starting for NFL teams saying different. See how dumb you look now?

Our talent level is increasing, which is a great thing. It's also the main reason we are all mad as **** we aren't winning. For the first time in how many years will we have, at least possibly, multiple players taken in the first round? That's about the only positive thing I can say about this staff. They can spot talent and develop it. **** shame they can't figure out what to actually DO with it. It's like a guy who knows how to fine tune an engine, but doesn't know how to drive the **** car.

When the day comes we get a coach that can get the most out of the talent he has, we will win big, again.
I'm not at all sure how you draw that conclusion. You ever been around people who just seem to "get" things no matter what? You ever been around people who don't require much guidance to succeed? Pretty sure these guys will ball no matter where they go, or who the play for, because they are just that talented. It has nothing to do with development. Do the coaches get credit for "developing" Duke Johnson?

Further, how about Chickillo and Gunter? People were raving about them in the all-star games. Does Al Golden get the credit for Chickillo making plays in a 1 gap DL, when he was coached to hold blocks his entire career here? Same with Gunter and playing man. Perhaps these kids were being asked to do what they are naturally strong at, and it has absolutely nothing to do with development.

Strong post. Agreed.

Advertisement
Back