Kiper new mock: 3 canes in the first round.

Advertisement
Why do people think a few top level players is a talent rich class?

Didn't the 2001 Canes have like 20 first rounders and like 40 guys on it who had careers in the NFL.

We had talent on this team but as far as being a talent rich team, that's laughable by Miami standards. This team certainly should have had a better record than what it had but as with any team that's not deep as you get further into the season and are more impacted by injuries you cant stand the test of the long season that other deep teams can. This team was not deep enough to win any type of title and would have been beat to **** and back by any Miami team who ever won a title.

When you have no one to replace the Duke threat it takes good coaches about 1 week to figure out how to beat you. When your Oline gets beat up and your running game and rookie QB takes hits then your flow takes a major hit. Great coaching staffs can absorb and redirect in the face of these challenges and that's just one area where the inexperience of this staff is an obvious weakness. You could also argue that outside of Jimmie, Miami has never had great coaching staffs they have always just flat out had more talented teams.

I completely disagree. There is a lot of talent on defense that has been misused. Chickillo looked like a different player in the senior bowl in a 4-3. I feel like we have a lot of talent at DB that is not being allowed to play the man to man coverage they're used to in HS in South Florida.

We have beaten the scheme issue to death but this defense would look a lot different and be a lot more productive in an aggressive attacking 4-3 defense.

Where does Walford project?

I feel like he could be the first or second TE taken depending on how he runs at the combine. I see him as a 2nd rounder which would probably mean 5 players in the top 2 rounds.

He SHOULD be the 1st TE taken in the draft.

Dude is going to be a monster for whatever team picks him.

I hope the Dolphins do something smart for once and take Walford (or Perryman, Dorsett, Duke)

Advertisement
Just imagine how many first rounders he can produce without the cloud

We comin

I don't see Dorsett going in the 1st. he will be available in rounds 3 - 4 imo.

But Walford will probably be a 2nd round pick....he may not get past Buffalo who picks early in that round.

I don't see Dorsett going in the 1st. he will be available in rounds 3 - 4 imo.

But Walford will probably be a 2nd round pick....he may not get past Buffalo who picks early in that round.

If he runs in the low 4.3's he isn't lasting past the end of the 1st early part of the second.

Advertisement
Dump the NFL mentality & get back to goals of winning ACC/bowl games/NC........way too much emphasis on the NFL instead of bringing the U back in the top 5. This is NOT the way it used to be.

Seriously, when was the last time 3 players from a 6-7 team were taken in the 1st round of the NFL draft?

I'd venture to say never.

Advertisement
Seriously, when was the last time 3 players from a 6-7 team were taken in the 1st round of the NFL draft?

the more recent i remember at the top of my head is oaklahoma in 2010 with 4 guys taken in the first with a 8-5 thats the closet and most recent, havent seen a 6-7 team with three

doing more research the closet i have found is actually the 2007 draft with you guessed it our miami hurricanes, with a 7-6 record and we had 3 guys in beason, meriweather, and olsen drafted

Last edited:

It's ******* awful. It would be 1 thing if Kaaya played like a true Freshman, but besides the Louisville game he plyed well enough for us to win.

Advertisement

It's ****ing awful. It would be 1 thing if Kaaya played like a true Freshman, but besides the Louisville game he plyed well enough for us to win.

i blame the play calling on offense on a couple of our games

It's ****ing awful. It would be 1 thing if Kaaya played like a true Freshman, but besides the Louisville game he plyed well enough for us to win.

Agreed, Louisville. That was the worst game plan I have ever seen. Made Pat Nix look like Sean Payton.

Agreed, Louisville. That was the worst game plan I have ever seen. Made Pat Nix look like Sean Payton.

that game south carolina, florida state, **** even UVA

Lol at 5 of our players picked on day 1. I would be willing to wager pretty much asking price that don't happen.

Advertisement
Back