Kings NIL business

U see them panda dunks on his feet though?

But on the real, this is going to allow kids to start thinking outside of CFB. Remember, there’s thousands of CFB/CBB players, but only a handful of them make it to the next level. This will allow them to partner w/ some of these companies & give them a foot in the right direction for life beyond sports.

But, this misconception that the NIL will benefit big city schools is inherently untrue. The college towns that have chit to do but jock their players are the towns that buy merch. Miami is a low key front running city. ****, our own radio station ain’t fully dedicated to us.

Now if we start winning, oh it’s a wrap. But the NIL is not going to put us on level playing fields. These hick towns who live their lives via college sports will be throwing out deals upon deals.
Nothing low key about Miami being a front running city…… definitely has at least the perception as a big event, bandwagon city for sure…

Advertisement
Fun fact

Week 3 Miami - UL #1
Week 4 Miami - FSU #2 (ahead of Texas-TTU, UF-Miss, Bama-Mizz)
Week 6 Miami - Clemson #4 (ahead of FSU - ND, Ark-Aub)
Week 10 Miami - NC St #6 (ahead of Michigan-Indiana, TAMU-USCe, Stan-Ore)
Week 11 Miami-VT #7 (ahead of PSU-Nebraska)
Week 15 Miami-UNC #3 (ahead of USC-UCLA, Bama-Ark,

Miami 6 times in the top 10 for regular season ratings

Week 5 TAMU/Bama #1
Week 6 TAMU /UF #5
Week 7 TAMU / Miss St #4
Week 10 TAMU /USCe #11
Week 13 TAMU/LSU #3
Week 14 TAMU/AUB #7
Week 16 TAMU /Tenn #7

TAMU 6 times in top 10 for regular season ratings

In the weeks where we were both rated- (week 6, week 10) , more people watched Miami than TAMU. Imagine the ratings if we were actually good at football.

Impressive.....

Have u seen those girls? They got that deal bc they are bad and have like 3M followers on TikTok. The fact they can hoop is just a bonus.

I don't see Spencer Rattler or Sam Howell with 4 deals and they are both bigger names than King.

Bigger markets play a role.

Bro, the chit just started. Lol

King obviously was working on this beforehand. U saw both him & Milton partnered up, and Tallahassee ain’t a big city. Give it time.

Advertisement
I think the elite guys can go wherever they want and make money. They'll be able to grow a brand nationally. It's the players that aren't nationally recognized that this is going to matter for. There are 5 times as many small businesses in Florida than Alabama. There's just going to be more opportunities for a higher volume of players down here.

Just wait until yacht rental businesses decide to start paying Miami Hurricane football players to go on their boats and those guys start posting on social media that they're on a yacht off the coast of Miami...and getting paid to do so. That sounds a lot better than getting paid to do a commercial for Ed Watkins Chevrolet in effing Birmingham.

But we got posters talking about f*ckin Birmingham and will they Pay lmao...

We're not even mentioning the clothing stores, malls, etc.

Add to it we have LEGIT marketing Agencies based right in got**** south florida....**** we got former players running them a la Ahmonn Richards...but yea Birmingham n Tuscaloosa have the leg up. smh lmao

U see them panda dunks on his feet though?

But on the real, this is going to allow kids to start thinking outside of CFB. Remember, there’s thousands of CFB/CBB players, but only a handful of them make it to the next level. This will allow them to partner w/ some of these companies & give them a foot in the right direction for life beyond sports.

But, this misconception that the NIL will benefit big city schools is inherently untrue. The college towns that have chit to do but jock their players are the towns that buy merch. Miami is a low key front running city. ****, our own radio station ain’t fully dedicated to us.

Now if we start winning, oh it’s a wrap. But the NIL is not going to put us on level playing fields. These hick towns who live their lives via college sports will be throwing out deals upon deals.
These hick towns only have sooo many deals to throw around..there is a cap in what they can do.

The sh*t is unlimited in a big metro city.

There are only so much car rentals, bbq's, they have in there area to even promote.

To add on to that, do we want players who say "that program wins, I want to go there", or "those guys are making bank doing commercials, I want to go there". Because I think we've had plenty of talented players who were paycheck guys, and that hasn't worked out well for us.
We've also lost alot of talented players to paychecks from other programs boosters which havent worked out for us....so ill take it.

These hick towns only have sooo many deals to throw around..there is a cap in what they can do.

There are only so much car rentals, bbq's, they have in there area to even promote.

Bro, u gotta get out more. Lol

Advertisement

Never underestimate sec bags, now that’s it’s semi legal I dont Know about all that man. They’ve been doing this for a long time. It does even the playing field for us though,every major school got those people if you know what I mean

There's big companies and all those smaller deals can add up.

There's a reason the bigs will dominate. Simply put, it's because they have more alumni and that margin isn't getting smaller. That means more people that give a **** about that team than ours.

Watch USC blow up and UCLA though. It's a city of stars, now you got all that money.

Maybe we jump onto the scene, but you already have how many celebrities and athletes in the area to use. How many pro sports franchises are there? Why would you pick a Miami player rather than one of those? That doesn't even make sense.

The small college towns with state and national followings, that's where the big money will be made.

All of you talk about bags. Now those supposed bags are out in the open and legal.

Buy some merchandise.

Sign your stud recruit or player to an endorsement deal.

Pay him to autograph them. 100k, 200k, or whatever.

Build a website and offer them for sale.

It doesn't matter if the **** sells or you give it away.

Talk about them Chargers. Put him in a local ad, television or the paper, and here's your payment...... A new charger.

Done deal, it's a wrap fellas.

Y’all realize that these teams in “hick towns” also cater to customers and fans across entire states, right? These schools pump out massive amounts of alums and have generations of fans across the area. Tennessee, for instance, has fans everywhere in this state and massive boosters. The Haslams, for instance. How hard would it be for any UT player to have their NIL in a Pilot all across the southeast? There are examples like this everywhere. The small town bag schools have connected businessmen with legions of alums and fans willing to spend money on dumb ****. Is there anything to stop that from happening?

Advertisement
Y’all realize that these teams in “hick towns” also cater to customers and fans across entire states, right? These schools pump out massive amounts of alums and have generations of fans across the area. Tennessee, for instance, has fans everywhere in this state and massive boosters. The Haslams, for instance. How hard would it be for any UT player to have their NIL in a Pilot all across the southeast? There are examples like this everywhere. The small town bag schools have connected businessmen with legions of alums and fans willing to spend money on dumb ****. Is there anything to stop that from happening?

To answer you question, nope. Not unless there is a limit.

I don't like this one bit and in my opinion, the rich just got richer.

Still, congrats to King and whomever else makes a dime. I don't have to like it, in fact I hate it as I don't see it as a positive for anyone but the big schools, but good luck.

Bro, u gotta get out more. Lol
I lived in one of the major college townish areas in Raleigh -Durham.

I think folks miss or downplay the amount of REAL MONEY is in South Florida.

Like these hick towns or big money boosters yall think about are like a drop in the bucket in south florida....we just arent in the bag game committed with boosters.
But the REAL MONEY is here.

Advertisement

Like these hick towns or big money boosters yall think about are like a drop in the bucket in south florida....we just arent in the bag game committed with boosters.
Yup plenty of dealerships, restaurants, clubs, stores that don’t give a **** about recruiting kids on the down low but do care about some nice publicity of having a UM kid to use as a marketing ploy which in turns nets kids up and down the roster cash

There's big companies and all those smaller deals can add up.

There's a reason the bigs will dominate. Simply put, it's because they have more alumni and that margin isn't getting smaller. That means more people that give a **** about that team than ours.

Watch USC blow up and UCLA though. It's a city of stars, now you got all that money.

Maybe we jump onto the scene, but you already have how many celebrities and athletes in the area to use. How many pro sports franchises are there? Why would you pick a Miami player rather than one of those? That doesn't even make sense.

The small college towns with state and national followings, that's where the big money will be made.

As big as the Alabama dynasty is...no one outside of Bama ..and the Florida -Bama lines gives a f*ck about them.

We are along the same line as USC and UCLA is like fiu.

You have to be MARKETABLE....Im going to be honest those Bama dudes and program isnt marketable at all. Who has personality from there teams?.

Najee harris woulda been a NIL MARKETABLE GUY...and he was kind of sheltered by Saban and the crew to pipe down.
Deriq King currently is a marketable guy imo.

Im on the opposite end....the big market teams with the national followings are where the big money will be made.

Bro, “real money” in So Fla dgaf about Miami football like that unless we winning. My nig we scrugglin to get facilities w/ real money in So Fla & thank God for Richt pushing that agenda to get the ball rolling.

That’s the difference; the real money in the South, these mofos will sell the daughter for a 5 star player. $20k is a drop in a bucket to what these jits r getting paid illegally now. Whatchu think gone happen when they set up shop to sell autographs?? U already saw Johnny made bank & he wasn’t even doing it on that level like that.

Advertisement
Back