King is a below average thrower, and we can’t beat good teams with him as a passer

Advertisement
Dude I've been called everything insulting for saying the same thing. I was not in the least impressed with King's passing abilities. I've see enough football to know that Garcia has better passing abilities than King. IMO and I'll say it again, Garcia should be our starter. Bama probably gonna kick our *** so make it baptism by fire. He'll think every defense a breeze after that.
Garcia will hopefully one day be better than King and maybe even right now he may be a better pure passer but to start him over King game one vs Bama is crazy ****

Not to worry! A Gypsy Woman tolt me last night; We get two unexpected OL transfer in. Garcia catches the Burrows/ Lawrence lightning in a bottle against Bama. During the game we change up inside the redone when King comes in (Gator Tebow fashion) for the boost (preserves his leadership role). And it works on our way to 15-Oh!

Hard to complain about King in comparison to what we’ve had in years past but he did miss on throws/reads a lot more than I expected last season. That could have been because of a new offense, poor O-line play and surrounding cast. All have improved this season so I expect to see a nice jump in our offense as well.

Advertisement
King has his weakness we know that but King also single handly kept us in a lot of games last year with his leadership and experience.

We had a run game that was hit or miss and we had receivers dropping wide open passes and touchdowns.

I can think of many other positions or people to critique way before we get to King

King is a very good leader, he’s experienced and he can do a lot with his feet, but he handicaps us because he can’t throw the ball against good teams. At best he’s mediocre, but if we’re being honest, he’s a below average passer. On top of that, the guy is “maybe” 5’9”, and because of his miniature stature he can’t see over the line and/or the throwing lanes.

King is a good teammate, good person and a good leader, but he is stunting the teams growth and there is no way we’re beating Bama, UNC or any other good team with him under center. It’s not going to happen. And now we’re talking about putting a 75% King out there this season? His strength is running, not throwing.

We need to start Van Dyke and get Garcia some snaps every game. King was a great stop gap option for 2020, but let’s be realistic. A non throwing, 75% King will hurt us far more than he will help us in 2021.
Your troll game needs some work, pal.

Advertisement
King is a very good leader, he’s experienced and he can do a lot with his feet, but he handicaps us because he can’t throw the ball against good teams. At best he’s mediocre, but if we’re being honest, he’s a below average passer. On top of that, the guy is “maybe” 5’9”, and because of his miniature stature he can’t see over the line and/or the throwing lanes.

King is a good teammate, good person and a good leader, but he is stunting the teams growth and there is no way we’re beating Bama, UNC or any other good team with him under center. It’s not going to happen. And now we’re talking about putting a 75% King out there this season? His strength is running, not throwing.

We need to start Van Dyke and get Garcia some snaps every game. King was a great stop gap option for 2020, but let’s be realistic. A non throwing, 75% King will hurt us far more than he will help us in 2021.
Lmao, the opinions on here are worth the cost of admission

Advertisement
I think we have for so long been a team that cant play from behind, we need to jump on teams. King is better then what we have had but we should beat scrub teams, there will be alot of close games against ordinary teams though its just who we are. When u have (again IMO dont get butthurt 15-0ers) an OL and DL not that talented ordinary teams will be able to compete unless their OL and DL are complete dog water.
Exactly King got punked by Clemson and UNC... looked average against VT.

Advertisement
Those stats say it all. Any coach not starting a healthy King would be the laughingstock of college football.
And how often did he actually have a clean pocket? If you switched Daniels from UGA and gave him our line and King Georgia’s line, the disparity in production would be an absolute joke.

I think Lashlee is trying to implement an offense for a QB like Van Dyke or Garcia now, with the plan of having the rest of the offense ready to roll next year.

Its no coincidence that Perry came in against OkSt and looked like the better QB.

On the other hand, King cannot throw deep at all, and his receivers sold him out by not fighting for 50/50 balls or by dropping alot.

Lashlee could call better plays.

I see both sides.

Still Mannys fault. As long as he's running the show, it'll be a circus.

This: he had not one but two Lance Leggets as two of his main offensive weapons, his actual best pass catcher injured a chunk of the season, and a below average offensive line and still had the numbers he did.
Lol at Lance Leggett...Dude was never the same after Willie Williams Absolutely Destroyed him on Greentree on a Slant....Broke his entire Face Mask of his Helmet...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back