King is a below average thrower, and we can’t beat good teams with him as a passer

Advertisement
Lol at Lance Leggett...Dude was never the same after Willie Williams Absolutely Destroyed him on Greentree on a Slant....Broke his entire Face cage of his Helmet...
I consider Leggett roughly marker number 3 of the descent of our program from dynastic to mediocre crap. First one was cokers first year when yes he was hired. Number 2 was some of the games we would sleep walk into and then subsequently start losing under him. Leggett (okay maybe marker 5) was the example of how the toughness we had generated was evaporating into a charmin soft program.

I consider Leggett roughly marker number 3 of the descent of our program from dynastic to mediocre crap. First one was cokers first year when yes he was hired. Number 2 was some of the games we would sleep walk into and then subsequently start losing under him. Leggett (okay maybe marker 5) was the example of how the toughness we had generated was evaporating into a charmin soft program.
Leggett dint come along until the program was down. He wasn’t a sign, imo. Signs signal. He was just what we’d become.

One ‘sign’ was Coker taking Dave Howell’s commitment months and months before NSD Back in ‘03. A guy who every local so fla HS type said was awful. This wasn’t some evaluation difference. Coker did no evals.

Advertisement
Nahhhhhh, I consider Brian Monroe at WR to be the low point, Leggett at least showed potential as a true frosh.
Monroe at wr was there for sure. Actually, Willie Cooper for me was the worst defensive player I’ve ever seen here in even several decades prior to watching him and he may have represented another low point. I think he single-handedly lost two games at safety. Unbelievably bad player.

and responding to above: yeah Coker only recruited based on top ten lists. Worst evaluator ever.

King is the only qb we’ve ever had who could have escaped the pressure and nightmare of some of those o lines that nearly made kyle wright retarded.

King is the only qb we’ve ever had who could have escaped the pressure and nightmare of some of those o lines that nearly made kyle wright retarded.

Yeah, this is about the time we should've went full on spread. Wright ran a 4.5, had a rocket for an arm, I still contend that we wasted His College career taking those deep drops. Probably should've hired Rich Rod when we fired Coker.

UNC lost to FSU and Virginia last year, are you saying we would be better off with the quarterbacks from those teams? Lmao

Advertisement
Yeah, this is about the time we should've went full on spread. Wright ran a 4.5, had a rocket for an arm, I still contend that we wasted His College career taking those deep drops. Probably should've hired Rich Rod when we fired Coker.
It wouldn't have helped. Wright was the slowest decision maker we ever had and his accuracy was wildly inconsistent.

Wright was the slowest decision maker we ever had and his accuracy was wildly inconsistent.

Well what would you expect with some of the least talented O's and 3 of the worse OCs (Werner, Olson, & Nix) to ever come through here.

Wright's best offensive weapon His last 2 years was Leggett.

Put Wright in Lashlee's O with these weapons and He puts up numbers.

King is a very good leader, he’s experienced and he can do a lot with his feet, but he handicaps us because he can’t throw the ball against good teams. At best he’s mediocre, but if we’re being honest, he’s a below average passer. On top of that, the guy is “maybe” 5’9”, and because of his miniature stature he can’t see over the line and/or the throwing lanes.

King is a good teammate, good person and a good leader, but he is stunting the teams growth and there is no way we’re beating Bama, UNC or any other good team with him under center. It’s not going to happen. And now we’re talking about putting a 75% King out there this season? His strength is running, not throwing.

We need to start Van Dyke and get Garcia some snaps every game. King was a great stop gap option for 2020, but let’s be realistic. A non throwing, 75% King will hurt us far more than he will help us in 2021.
Troll alert ...

Advertisement
Well what would you expect with some of the least talented O's and 3 of the worse OCs (Werner, Olson, & Nix) to ever come through here.

Wright's best offensive weapon His last 2 years was Leggett.

Put Wright in Lashlee's O with these weapons and He puts up numbers.
He probably does but he still underachieves wildly compare to his natural gifts.

Lol, Wright couldn't even handle a snap in his second year here. Never forgot the only impressive quote by Lee Corso, ever: "if Kyle Wright was any good, he would have started over Brock Berlin"

Troof

I think Lashlee is trying to implement an offense for a QB like Van Dyke or Garcia now, with the plan of having the rest of the offense ready to roll next year.

Its no coincidence that Perry came in against OkSt and looked like the better QB.

On the other hand, King cannot throw deep at all, and his receivers sold him out by not fighting for 50/50 balls or by dropping alot.

Lashlee could call better plays.

I see both sides.

Still Mannys fault. As long as he's running the show, it'll be a circus.

The problem is more Lashlee than King.

Watch the bowl game more closely. The offense was stagnant because Lashlee overused the quarterback draw and wasted a lot of downs, putting us behind on down and distance. He couldn’t do that with Perry and had to call more traditional drop back plays, which should be our BREAD AND BUTTER.

Our line has not been good enough to make inside zone and quarterback draw our go to plays. On top of that, throw a bunch of screens that don’t build rhythm in the passing game or allow the quarterback to calm down with easy reads. Combine that with the pressure in King’s face so often, he got a bit impatient when asked to read the defense and throw to the open man.

The play King got hurt on, he had Pope come across his face open for at least five yards. King got squirrely and scrambled anticipating pressure from the inside that wasn’t there, scrambled and blew out his knee.

Compare the number of straight drop back throws between Perry and King and it gets obvious. We have to build rhythm in the short passing game. No quarterback hits them all, but King will be better if Lashlee builds him up with easy reads on regular drop backs. He will find more rhythm and hit more open receivers.

I been beating this drum since Richt and it’s the number one problem for our offense year end and year out. We should be using the pass to open the run until we get better line play, not the other way around like we have been forcing.

Advertisement
The problem is more Lashlee than King.

Watch the bowl game more closely. The offense was stagnant because Lashlee overused the quarterback draw and wasted a lot of downs, putting us behind on down and distance. He couldn’t do that with Perry and had to call more traditional drop back plays, which should be our BREAD AND BUTTER.

Our line has not been good enough to make inside zone and quarterback draw our go to plays. On top of that, throw a bunch of screens that don’t build rhythm in the passing game or allow the quarterback to calm down with easy reads. Combine that with the pressure in King’s face so often, he got a bit impatient when asked to read the defense and throw to the open man.

The play King got hurt on, he had Pope come across his face open for at least five yards. King got squirrely and scrambled anticipating pressure from the inside that wasn’t there, scrambled and blew out his knee.

Compare the number of straight drop back throws between Perry and King and it gets obvious. We have to build rhythm in the short passing game. No quarterback hits them all, but King will be better if Lashlee builds him up with easy reads on regular drop backs. He will find more rhythm and hit more open receivers.

I been beating this drum since Richt and it’s the number one problem for our offense year end and year out. We should be using the pass to open the run until we get better line play, not the other way around like we have been forcing.
I agree. I've been saying here we need to be 75% pass, 25% run, and half those runs should be QB runs. We don't have the players to run the ball effectively.

King is a very good leader, he’s experienced and he can do a lot with his feet, but he handicaps us because he can’t throw the ball against good teams. At best he’s mediocre, but if we’re being honest, he’s a below average passer. On top of that, the guy is “maybe” 5’9”, and because of his miniature stature he can’t see over the line and/or the throwing lanes.

King is a good teammate, good person and a good leader, but he is stunting the teams growth and there is no way we’re beating Bama, UNC or any other good team with him under center. It’s not going to happen. And now we’re talking about putting a 75% King out there this season? His strength is running, not throwing.

We need to start Van Dyke and get Garcia some snaps every game. King was a great stop gap option for 2020, but let’s be realistic. A non throwing, 75% King will hurt us far more than he will help us in 2021.
1622666398382.gif

Advertisement
Back