King is a below average thrower, and we can’t beat good teams with him as a passer

The Svengali

Sophomore
King is a very good leader, he’s experienced and he can do a lot with his feet, but he handicaps us because he can’t throw the ball against good teams. At best he’s mediocre, but if we’re being honest, he’s a below average passer. On top of that, the guy is “maybe” 5’9”, and because of his miniature stature he can’t see over the line and/or the throwing lanes.

King is a good teammate, good person and a good leader, but he is stunting the teams growth and there is no way we’re beating Bama, UNC or any other good team with him under center. It’s not going to happen. And now we’re talking about putting a 75% King out there this season? His strength is running, not throwing.

We need to start Van Dyke and get Garcia some snaps every game. King was a great stop gap option for 2020, but let’s be realistic. A non throwing, 75% King will hurt us far more than he will help us in 2021.

Advertisement
Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

I actually agree with the premise of this post. I disagree about our ability to beat teams like UNC with King. We absolutely should be able to beat teams like UNC with King, but you are right, we have no shot at beating teams like Bama with King (not that we had any shot anyway).

Lashlee's play calling with King in the game was frustrating as **** many times throughout the season, and I think it was largely due to King's limitations. Lashlee's play calling was much different (in a good way) when Perry came in the game after King got hurt.

Advertisement
King is a very good leader, he’s experienced and he can do a lot with his feet, but he handicaps us because he can’t throw the ball against good teams. At best he’s mediocre, but if we’re being honest, he’s a below average passer. On top of that, the guy is “maybe” 5’9”, and because of his miniature stature he can’t see over the line and/or the throwing lanes.

King is a good teammate, good person and a good leader, but he is stunting the teams growth and there is no way we’re beating Bama, UNC or any other good team with him under center. It’s not going to happen. And now we’re talking about putting a 75% King out there this season? His strength is running, not throwing.

We need to start Van Dyke and get Garcia some snaps every game. King was a great stop gap option for 2020, but let’s be realistic. A non throwing, 75% King will hurt us far more than he will help us in 2021.
he handicaps the offense. He gets sacked because he can't make good decisions. he can't beat elite teams. maybe im wrong but don't say it on this board. they will lose their mind.

Advertisement

I stopped myself several times in replying and each time stopped by what is glaring wrong here?
Really not much aside from WR dropped passes and couldn’t get open that held King back tremendously.
The 75% issue means we’re giving BAMA 25% edge over and above.

Coaches have tough job in being totally objective in workouts as of now King has a favorable lean a 75-80% King mixed with cunning experience and unwavering leadership under battle conditions to put him on the pine.

Posters point is well and understood if your a realest and objective.

Myself I get his point , but for a rookie to get under center against BAMA camouflaged blitz packages , rotating zone and other NFL packages the mind Fing could cause brain lock issues.

Kings warrior leadership will cover the 25% .

King to start in my book.

Great points expressed here by poster though

GOCANES

Advertisement
I think we have for so long been a team that cant play from behind, we need to jump on teams. King is better then what we have had but we should beat scrub teams, there will be alot of close games against ordinary teams though its just who we are. When u have (again IMO dont get butthurt 15-0ers) an OL and DL not that talented ordinary teams will be able to compete unless their OL and DL are complete dog water.

Advertisement
he handicaps the offense. He gets sacked because he can't make good decisions. he can't beat elite teams. maybe im wrong but don't say it on this board. they will lose their mind.
Our interior line handicaps the offense. Lashlee has to use the plays he sets up all game just to get first downs in short yardage because the interior can't get a push. Keep talking about King not being able to beat elite teams. Is Miami built to beat elite teams and King is stopping that from happening? This offense finds a new level if the interior of the OL gets better. Ask yourself. When is the last time you felt good about this OL scoring a TD inside the 5 by just lining up and running the ball against even an average defense? We have to use tricks, deception and pace to run the ball. When that changes this offense changes and then "can we get a QB to put us on the level of the elites" actually becomes a relevant conversation

It's not that he can't make good decisions. He makes good decisions, as evidenced by his low INT numbers. His problem, in my humble opinion, is that he can not see the entire field. So, when he doesn't see a guy running wide open, it's not that he didn't decide to throw the ball there, but rather that he didn't see the guy open so it never factored into his decision making.

All these replies are on point, we’ve had many QB’s with questionable arm strength and some has won rings.
There mindset and awareness between the ears off the charts in field presence and overcame everything.

King is filling the same mold , surrounded him with people who can get open and catch boom we are ACCG ready NOW.

Kings game mentality is elite , he hungry now and we’re going to see something special unfold and it may come very soon.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back