King is a below average thrower, and we can’t beat good teams with him as a passer

Advertisement
Advertisement
You think King was the problem in the Clemson game?
We had alot of issues, was lower on list for sure.. never watched game outside of live so cant recall but just remember the offense not being able to do anything from opening snap and never adjusted, qb get all glory when it goes right, falls on oc and qb.. oline was **** tho, it was a **** show across the board

Lol. These posters never learn. Same 15 years, someone makes a dumb assessment in order to propel their statue backup who would have threw 4 INTS against BAMA and we score 7 pts. MAYBE.

Miami not equipped to hang with big dawgs because we got bad coaching from the head guy. OC/King are probably the only FEW bonuses this team has. They are competent.

Advertisement
Lol. These posters never learn. Same 15 years, someone makes a dumb assessment in order to propel their statue backup who would have threw 4 INTS against BAMA and we score 7 pts. MAYBE.

Miami not equipped to hang with big dawgs because we got bad coaching from the head guy. OC/King are probably the only FEW bonuses this team has. They are competent.
As a person I like King. As a runner I like King. As a pocket passer though. He is average. At best. I agree our coaching sucks and is #1,2,3 in the reasons Miami is mediocre. But King does have serious deficiencies in his passing.

Someone did some reviews of the game and im gonna say this. King is a great Young man. His demeanor and behavior is great for Miami. But.... he is a bad QB at running Lashlee's offense. We had plays against Bama with 4 players against 3 and he handed the ball into a stack box. Perry had worse completion than King in the bowl game but there is a reason we started getting chunk yardage on the ground and through the air against OK St. He understands that offense better than King does. At some point if we want to finish the season where we want to, we are gonna have to get very critical of King's play on the field. I thought it was just about him not handing the ball off or handing the ball off at the wrong times, but it is also him calling runs when we have numbers in the pass game. Alot of those run plays, on 2nd review were not supposed to be runs. King called them on bad reads

Advertisement
King is a very good leader, he’s experienced and he can do a lot with his feet, but he handicaps us because he can’t throw the ball against good teams. At best he’s mediocre, but if we’re being honest, he’s a below average passer. On top of that, the guy is “maybe” 5’9”, and because of his miniature stature he can’t see over the line and/or the throwing lanes.

King is a good teammate, good person and a good leader, but he is stunting the teams growth and there is no way we’re beating Bama, UNC or any other good team with him under center. It’s not going to happen. And now we’re talking about putting a 75% King out there this season? His strength is running, not throwing.

We need to start Van Dyke and get Garcia some snaps every game. King was a great stop gap option for 2020, but let’s be realistic. A non throwing, 75% King will hurt us far more than he will help us in 2021.
Thoughts?

King is a good dude and has heart, but he's not elite by any means. He's average at best, with an average supporting cast and a way below average coaching staff.

Advertisement
Pretty lame to keep bumping your own post. But I had to give a thumbs up to each one cause he was spot on. And I think most of knew back in March that deep down he was right, but we just didn’t want to believe it

Just thought I’d toss this one back up for review
First, I am down with you continually bringing this up. I am also interested to see what tomorrow looks like with a different QB. I have no idea what will happen with this squad but the intrigue is there for the game. My fear is Lance will do the recap and basically write the same stuff he has been writing….

Advertisement
Back