King is a below average thrower, and we can’t beat good teams with him as a passer

Been a Cane fan since 1977. Close friends with a Canes legend and several others. Was on sidelines for home games at the OB for the record. Still maintain telling people on a public board to appreciate and not give their opinion is exactly what those, I'm more American than you types would say. BTW, as a listed subscriber you make the site ad dollars.
For the record, I’ve got you by 10 years and have been on the sidelines of the OB more times than I can count. Locker rooms, press box and just about anywhere else you can imagine.

I didn’t read anything in his post that justifies your comment. In my view, he was simply expressing his appreciation for this forum. Quite frankly, I agree with him. If what he posted triggered you, you’ve got bigger problems than we’ll have a LB this year.

Advertisement
I stopped myself several times in replying and each time stopped by what is glaring wrong here?
Really not much aside from WR dropped passes and couldn’t get open that held King back tremendously.
The 75% issue means we’re giving BAMA 25% edge over and above.

Coaches have tough job in being totally objective in workouts as of now King has a favorable lean a 75-80% King mixed with cunning experience and unwavering leadership under battle conditions to put him on the pine.

Posters point is well and understood if your a realest and objective.

Myself I get his point , but for a rookie to get under center against BAMA camouflaged blitz packages , rotating zone and other NFL packages the mind Fing could cause brain lock issues.

Kings warrior leadership will cover the 25% .

King to start in my book.

Great points expressed here by poster though

GOCANES
Running qbs can give bama troubles if we ever had a shot it was gonna be with king running and making plays scrambling
Gotta hope he can run and cut if not yea we better off just staring tvd

Running qbs can give bama troubles if we ever had a shot it was gonna be with king running and making plays scrambling
Gotta hope he can run and cut if not yea we better off just staring tvd
King is better than tvd wether he can run or not

Advertisement
For the record, I’ve got you by 10 years and have been on the sidelines of the OB more times than I can count. Locker rooms, press box and just about anywhere else you can imagine.

I didn’t read anything in his post that justifies your comment. In my view, he was simply expressing his appreciation for this forum. Quite frankly, I agree with him. If what he posted triggered you, you’ve got bigger problems than we’ll have a LB this year.
I've got him beat in more ways than one....
Been a Cane since 75
Friends with a Plethora of UM Legends...
Had a sideline pass for 6yrs...
And if he saw my Canes Den he'd have a coronary....Lol....

Advertisement
King is a very good leader, he’s experienced and he can do a lot with his feet, but he handicaps us because he can’t throw the ball against good teams. At best he’s mediocre, but if we’re being honest, he’s a below average passer. On top of that, the guy is “maybe” 5’9”, and because of his miniature stature he can’t see over the line and/or the throwing lanes.

King is a good teammate, good person and a good leader, but he is stunting the teams growth and there is no way we’re beating Bama, UNC or any other good team with him under center. It’s not going to happen. And now we’re talking about putting a 75% King out there this season? His strength is running, not throwing.

We need to start Van Dyke and get Garcia some snaps every game. King was a great stop gap option for 2020, but let’s be realistic. A non throwing, 75% King will hurt us far more than he will help us in 2021.
This logic works everywhere.

Ignore the experienced guy who has produced, because he’s not as much of a hero as your fantasy requires. Start the unknown quantity over him because ... emotion.

Advertisement
King is a very good leader, he’s experienced and he can do a lot with his feet, but he handicaps us because he can’t throw the ball against good teams. At best he’s mediocre, but if we’re being honest, he’s a below average passer. On top of that, the guy is “maybe” 5’9”, and because of his miniature stature he can’t see over the line and/or the throwing lanes.

King is a good teammate, good person and a good leader, but he is stunting the teams growth and there is no way we’re beating Bama, UNC or any other good team with him under center. It’s not going to happen. And now we’re talking about putting a 75% King out there this season? His strength is running, not throwing.

We need to start Van Dyke and get Garcia some snaps every game. King was a great stop gap option for 2020, but let’s be realistic. A non throwing, 75% King will hurt us far more than he will help us in 2021.
Might be the dumbest take ive ever seen on this board and that’s saying a lot. Some of you all really don’t realize how idiotic some of y’all sound with the king slander and the “he can’t throw “ comments

Advertisement
All the **** time. Us old heads remember. I'm not making it up. But believe what you want. It's actually not hard to imagine. His arm strength was meh.. He had zero mobility.. Is it really that hard to imagine some people foolishly thought we would be better off with a note athletic, stronger armed QB?
Dude... I'm not doubting you. I just never once heard a Cane fan try and dog out KD . If folks were dogging on him..... I wasn't paying them no mind. The L Washington put on KD showed me all I needed to know about the young man. Even though we lost that game. I knew we were back!! That was easy to see.

Go Canes!!

Curious if OP thinks two time national champ Tim Tebow was an above average passer.

I agree with Urban Meyer's evaluation criteria for a college QB. The #1 trait he looked for in HS QB recruits was the ability to improvise and make a good decision. Not accuracy, footwork, or arm strength - improvisation. Most P5 QBs will look excellent in a clean pocket with a well designed play where everything exactly like the OC drew it up. Unfortunately that doesn't happen on a lot of plays. We know King can improvise because he almost single-handedly won multiple games for Miami last season. I haven't seen how Garcia reacts when the pocket collapses and he has WRs that he can't count on to reliably catch passes.

Advertisement
Back