King back throwing in April

He walks kinda funny now.
silly walk GIF

Advertisement
The Bengals just released a report that Joe Burrow is "all systems go" for the opener. Nothing is certain, of course, until the game kicks off and he jogs onto the field, but he had a more involved surgery than King on December 2nd, and the Bengals are fully confident he'll be 100% by Week 1.

I believe King's was about a month after Burrow's, but I think it was only (yes, *only* ACL surgery, I realize how silly that sounds) his ACL, whereas Burrow was ACL, MCL, and he had partial tears in other ligaments as well. I'm still super skeptical that King plays against Bama, but every year there are more and more examples of guys coming back quickly. Burrow looks to be well on track to be another good sample.

....I'm still super skeptical that King plays against Bama...

Me too, because coming back that quickly is still the exception NOT the rule.

But I’m certain that he will put in the work and effort necessary, it may or may not be enough, but he’ll go all out to try to get ready.

I’m pretty confident he’ll play next season, and probably most of the season, but first game? That’s still a huge question mark for me.

Burrow being good to go supposedly is crazy. That injury was brutal. They gotta protect that guy or he’s Andrew luck 2.0
Palmer, Wentz and others did basically the same thing on shorter timelines.

Burrow, like Luck, invites a lot of contact with his playstyle. Not on the injury play but he takes a lot of sacks trying to extend plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Bengals just released a report that Joe Burrow is "all systems go" for the opener. Nothing is certain, of course, until the game kicks off and he jogs onto the field, but he had a more involved surgery than King on December 2nd, and the Bengals are fully confident he'll be 100% by Week 1.

I believe King's was about a month after Burrow's, but I think it was only (yes, *only* ACL surgery, I realize how silly that sounds) his ACL, whereas Burrow was ACL, MCL, and he had partial tears in other ligaments as well. I'm still super skeptical that King plays against Bama, but every year there are more and more examples of guys coming back quickly. Burrow looks to be well on track to be another good sample.
I tore my left acl back in 2014, had surgey with Uribe at doctor’s hospital in March and was full go by the next January.

Advertisement
I was at the Wellness Center today for the first time since March of last year. (They finally reopened to alumni.) I saw TVD and D'Eriq walking from the football facility. King had a limp but I'm not sure whether that's just how he walks or effect of the injury? Either way, no braces or anything visible in terms of support.

Advertisement
I tore my left acl back in 2014, had surgey with Uribe at doctor’s hospital in March and was full go by the next January.

I’m legit not trying to be a **** here, dead ***….but you gotta tell me what “full go” means. Like, you were playing pickup ball on Hollywood beach? Or you were 100% full speed as a D1 athlete?

And, that’s 10 months. King doesn’t have 10 months. He has 8. But you did say 2014, which, in the medical world may as well be 1014 with how quickly **** progresses.

I was at the Wellness Center today for the first time since March of last year. (They finally reopened to alumni.) I saw TVD and D'Eriq walking from the football facility. King had a limp but I'm not sure whether that's just how he walks or effect of the injury? Either way, no braces or anything visible in terms of support.

He shedded the brace a while ago. That’s totally normal at this point 5 months post-surgery and really has no bearing on his ability to play at 100% by Labor Day. You can walk straight ahead with very little support literally weeks after surgery. Cutting on a dime at full speed is a literal different world. I don’t like hearing he still has a hitch in his gait. We’ll see….

Kings a competitor. You know he wants a shot at Alabama this being his last year in college and nothing really guaranteed beyond that. That said, I wouldn't mind if he sat and came back the week after for that month-long home stand against weaker teams to get him back in rhythm for the conference grind.

Advertisement
Back