King back throwing in April

Don't even bother with this slapdick. Not worth your time.

I get it, he’s just a little ****roach.

But nobody is posting hesitantly about King’s return date because they’re scared, they’re posting that because that’s what life and experience teaches you regarding injuries.

Everybody’s different, and all injuries are different. There’s no guarantee he’ll be ready for Alabama.

I hope he is, I think there’s a good chance he will be, it sounds good so far...but to automatically assume that King is going to be 100% on that date is not smart. I don’t know for a fact that he will be ready, nobody here does.

When I see him running around in June or July then I’ll know. And by running around I mean planting and cutting in practice, spinning, going all out with respect to running, even if there is no contact.

Advertisement
For every sack he evaded with athleticism there are multiple plays of him standing in the face of pressure and delivering throws with poise.

If you wanna see big sack numbers start Garcia. @Lance Roffers detailed how he was effectively taking a lot of sacks/hits in the spring game.
I'm not making a point about his passing or the number of sacks there will be in this game. But if only based on the last two SEC starts that had lessor defenses than Bama I'm expecting a few. My point is, strategy wise, most coaches would be cautious starting him against the best defense they're likely to see during the season after no spring and rehabbing.

Plus, you never know if one of the young guys will step up, catch fire and get some confidence and run with him.

He tore his ACL, dude. Why do you come off as such an arrogant prick all the time when you literally don’t know anything? Can’t you just say “I think he tore his MCL. Right?” and people can just tell you that you’re mistaken and you learn something.

As far as the 2nd part, he himself has posted him throwing. In April. Not before. Did he throw a singular football from Jan to April? I’m sure he did. But his throwing regimen started again last month. Again, it’s documented and confirmed by the kid himself. But, you tore your knee up, so you know everything.

This doofus swore he knew more about the recruitment of a kid who’s mother I’ve known over 20 years.

Advertisement
ACL tears are not all the same. There’s clean tears while others can be shredded. I had a clean tear once and another that was so shredded it was stuck in my knee cap. Other factors such as how much meniscus was torn, stretching or partial tears of the other ligaments, etc all come into play.

I wish King a speedy recovery and hope he’s 💯 by game one. Anyone assuming he will be a full go is just assuming. Anyone saying we need to roll with TVD or Garcia is doing much of the same. We won’t know squat for another 2-3 months if he has a shot of being game ready.

As far as I know, King hasn’t been cleared to cut yet. That’s the real test with ACLs. You don’t need an ACL to run on a treadmill. You need it to cut and change direction. Like when he tore it planting his foot in ground to move upfield.

The things to look out for later this summer is swelling and range of motion. You’re way ahead of the game if you have full mobility. That’s the most painful part of rehab and you have to be diligent about it or you’re screwed. I’m confident from the type of kid he is he’ll give it his best shot to do it all right. He seems like he’ll have minimal lapses in confidence. The mindset in itself is HUGE. I’m optimistic he’ll be able to go but that’s simply based on knowing the type of kid King is.

ACL tears are not all the same. There’s clean tears while others can be shredded. I had a clean tear once and another that was so shredded it was stuck in my knee cap. Other factors such as how much meniscus was torn, stretching or partial tears of the other ligaments, etc all come into play.

I wish King a speedy recovery and hope he’s 💯 by game one. Anyone assuming he will be a full go is just assuming. Anyone saying we need to roll with TVD or Garcia is doing much of the same. We won’t know squat for another 2-3 months if he has a shot of being game ready.

As far as I know, King hasn’t been cleared to cut yet. That’s the real test with ACLs. You don’t need an ACL to run on a treadmill. You need it to cut and change direction. Like when he tore it planting his foot in ground to move upfield.

The things to look out for later this summer is swelling and range of motion. You’re way ahead of the game if you have full mobility. That’s the most painful part of rehab and you have to be diligent about it or you’re screwed. I’m confident from the type of kid he is he’ll give it his best shot to do it all right. He seems like he’ll have minimal lapses in confidence. The mindset in itself is HUGE. I’m optimistic he’ll be able to go but that’s simply based on knowing the type of kid King is.

Good post. Assuming anything now about his readiness for Alabama is just dumb.

I’m optimistic, but I will believe it when I see him cutting and running in a game.

The only thing I would add is that if we don’t know if he’s ready in 3 months, then he’s likely NOT ready. Three months is late August.

If we’re still having this conversation in August, maybe even late July, it’s likely he won’t be ready.

I'm not making a point about his passing or the number of sacks there will be in this game. But if only based on the last two SEC starts that had lessor defenses than Bama I'm expecting a few. My point is, strategy wise, most coaches would be cautious starting him against the best defense they're likely to see during the season after no spring and rehabbing.

Plus, you never know if one of the young guys will step up, catch fire and get some confidence and run with him.

What I'M concerned will be his mental aspect.
^ This is the answer. I'm not worried about King's physical recovery. I never was. He won't be 100% making cuts to start the year but that part of his game isn't essential. The key factor is whether he mentally feels confident in his knee because it won't feel the same and athletes can have anxiety about reinjury. King comes across as extremely mature with a poised mental outlook so I'm optimistic that he'll have no issues.

I'm much higher on King as a passer than most here. My question going into the Bama game is how will the WRs handle the matchup against long physical sound press corners. If they don't handle it then once again you guys can blame King when it's Lashlee and the WRs at fault.

Good post. Assuming anything now about his readiness for Alabama is just dumb.

I’m optimistic, but I will believe it when I see him cutting and running in a game.

The only thing I would add is that if we don’t know if he’s ready in 3 months, then he’s likely NOT ready. Three months is late August.

If we’re still having this conversation in August, maybe even late July, it’s likely he won’t be ready.

True and to piggyback of what Floridian said about all tears being different my assumption is this tear, as an initial analysis, gave some optimism. I recall shortly after the surgery reports coming out he would be ready for Bama which was very aggressive IMO but if it was a really messed up tear, I don't think those reports come out. Then in Spring Manny says he is going to be ready for fall ball, which again, seems aggressive but there is obviously something giving the optimism. Whether or not he mentally trusts it and how he cuts are obviously all TBD but from a strict medical timeline all reports have been better than I expected.

Advertisement
If King plays against Bama, the first play on offense should be a designed QB run. Let him gain confidence he can take a hit and show Bama they have to respect his running ability. The worst thing to do would be to play him if he’s not mobile. He’s not a pocket QB. That’s a scenario where we’d be much better off playing the other guys for the team’s sake and for King’s career.

The Bengals just released a report that Joe Burrow is "all systems go" for the opener. Nothing is certain, of course, until the game kicks off and he jogs onto the field, but he had a more involved surgery than King on December 2nd, and the Bengals are fully confident he'll be 100% by Week 1.

I believe King's was about a month after Burrow's, but I think it was only (yes, *only* ACL surgery, I realize how silly that sounds) his ACL, whereas Burrow was ACL, MCL, and he had partial tears in other ligaments as well. I'm still super skeptical that King plays against Bama, but every year there are more and more examples of guys coming back quickly. Burrow looks to be well on track to be another good sample.
I didn’t know Burrow banged his wheel up so severely. I need to get my bean out of the clouds.

If King plays against Bama, the first play on offense should be a designed QB run. Let him gain confidence he can take a hit and show Bama they have to respect his running ability. The worst thing to do would be to play him if he’s not mobile. He’s not a pocket QB. That’s a scenario where we’d be much better off playing the other guys for the team’s sake and for King’s career.

I hope he's fully healed. But we may need to have him play even if he's 80%. And I think we need to wait and see how far along he is in his recovery to be running designed plays.

Advertisement
^ This is the answer. I'm not worried about King's physical recovery. I never was. He won't be 100% making cuts to start the year but that part of his game isn't essential. The key factor is whether he mentally feels confident in his knee because it won't feel the same and athletes can have anxiety about reinjury. King comes across as extremely mature with a poised mental outlook so I'm optimistic that he'll have no issues.

I'm much higher on King as a passer than most here. My question going into the Bama game is how will the WRs handle the matchup against long physical sound press corners. If they don't handle it then once again you guys can blame King when it's Lashlee and the WRs at fault.
"My point is, strategy wise, most coaches would be cautious starting him against the best defense they're likely to see during the season after no spring and rehabbing."

Again, you seem to be trying to argue about his passing ability - my statement on coaching strategy includes mental aspects; such as King's confidence for the rest of the season. We haven't come out of SEC openers with a much of that, and had subsequent highly disappointing seasons.

I hope he's fully healed. But we may need to have him play even if he's 80%. And I think we need to wait and see how far along he is in his recovery to be running designed plays.
If he can’t run, he shouldn’t be the starting QB. I’ve seen King live a few times. He doesn’t have the anticipation or touch to beat good teams from the pocket. His height is a factor also. His escapability and running ability is what won games last season. I’m not knocking him either. I think he’s one of the best QBs in college football. That does hinge on his running ability. You’re setting him up to get hurt if he can’t run. It’s a losing situation for the team and the player.

We have two other very talented guys that can sling the rock accurately with timing from the pocket. They sure can’t run like King though. I’m a big Garcia fan but may the best of the two start if King can’t run.

"My point is, strategy wise, most coaches would be cautious starting him against the best defense they're likely to see during the season after no spring and rehabbing."

Again, you seem to be trying to argue about his passing ability - my statement on coaching strategy includes mental aspects; such as King's confidence for the rest of the season. We haven't come out of SEC openers with a much of that, and had subsequent highly disappointing seasons.
It’s a losing strategy to not play him against Bama if he’s cleared. You’re basically forfeiting the game if you feel he’s the best QB. Not a smart move.

Advertisement
Sorry, forgot the strategy is 15-0...
You might think you’re funny but in reality this is Miami. The strategy should always be to go 15-0. No matter how unattainable that might be to outsiders. Did anyone believe Schnelly would do it? You shouldn’t play or coach if you don’t believe there’s a way to win. It’s a game after all.

You might think you’re funny but in reality this is Miami. The strategy should always be to go 15-0. No matter how unattainable that might be to outsiders. Did anyone believe Schnelly would do it? You shouldn’t play or coach if you don’t believe there’s a way to win. It’s a game after all.
I am funny, I also played and coached, was on the best teams produced at every step of my career from Jr Hi through college and won a Pop Warner National Title with a group of 12 year-old kids. I'm not an "outsider" I've been a Cane's fan probably longer than you've been alive.

By the way, "Schnelly" didn't do it; he was 11-1, not 12-0. I don't expect you to understand the decision making process over a season a staff has to make to try and win. Poll every coach and ask them if they have a realistic chance to go undefeated and win a title (let alone Miami that's only been able to win the weak Coastal ONCE). Yes, there's a way to win, but there's a fraction of a chance to do it and be undefeated. You take a season a step at a time: You play to win your conference, until that happens, don't lecture me about we should go into every season looking at 15-0. That's the problem with the late coming fan base - a lack of reality. "Schnelly" is gone, so are Johnson, Erickson and Davis and the ability to recruit South Fl they way they did.

But I'll stand corrected and eat crow if we go fifteen and Oh! I hope so.

I am funny, I also played and coached, was on the best teams produced at every step of my career from Jr Hi through college and won a Pop Warner National Title with a group of 12 year-old kids. I'm not an "outsider" I've been a Cane's fan probably longer than you've been alive.

By the way, "Schnelly" didn't do it; he was 11-1, not 12-0. I don't expect you to understand the decision making process over a season a staff has to make to try and win. Poll every coach and ask them if they have a realistic chance to go undefeated and win a title (let alone Miami that's only been able to win the weak Coastal ONCE). Yes, there's a way to win, but there's a fraction of a chance to do it and be undefeated. You take a season a step at a time: You play to win your conference, until that happens, don't lecture me about we should go into every season looking at 15-0. That's the problem with the late coming fan base - a lack of reality. "Schnelly" is gone, so are Johnson, Erickson and Davis and the ability to recruit South Fl they way they did.

But I'll stand corrected and eat crow if we go fifteen and Oh! I hope so.
I’ll buy that. My mentality has always been that I want to play as hard as possible to win. That’s what I teach kids also. Even if we’re down 40 points with two minutes left. I can’t stand people that go through the motions in any sport. Totally agree going 15-0 takes a lot of luck despite all the variables you can control. I’m more or less sick of watching UM teams accept mediocrity. Kids dancing around while we’re getting are butts whooped, etc.

Advertisement
Back