Kill Trolls Dead Thread

Advertisement
@RVACane i salute you for policing your thread. If other thread creators did the same. It would save a lot of threads.

Don't get me wrong. The mod team is suppose to help but if respected members. Who create threads like you, @Liberty City El and other top poster nipped things in the bud upon creation. The integrity of the thread will sustain longer.

Perhaps if the community policed itself. Along with the mod team. Then hardass thread destroyers will wise up.

The mods don't want to remove its cane family. The KTDT is a great way to get rid of the unwanted but blocking certain unwanteds from a thread from the start. Imo will show how tired thread creators have become of thread derailing/politic pushers and the race baiters.

I think we all want to keep the trolls from other fanbases out. I don't think anyone wants canes to be banned. Perhaps some could change their ways but again. It takes all of us to keep this place readable.

The movement keeps getting traction!!!
#KTDT.....
65CBB157-F728-4C07-A3BF-E9B109C2C2A8.gif

Advertisement
I tried! It was clear to me and others here that it was not happening. I made the best of it. The gifs were entertaining for me. And I don’t think he’s perma-banned either. He’ll be back. He needs clear guidelines for what he can and can’t do from the owners and they should make it public so everyone knows the rules.

I don't know if you remember this from a few years ago, but there was an F$U poster who used to post on Warchant, then he jumped over to one of the startup competitors (was it the ESPN platform, or 247, or something similar). Right now, I can't remember this F$U fan's name, but he was one of those "insider" guys that posted a few nuggets that turned out correctly, so certain people worshipped him.

Anyhow, he was one of the lead guys who jumped over to another website, and he's writing articles and doing his schtick. Well, part of his schtick was that he "acted black", he wrote a lot of stuff in ebonics, and whatnot. Then, a few F$U fans found out that they guy was white, and they outed him. It was a big (well, big for F$U) scandal and the guy lost all of his credibility.

On a couple of occasions, I have opined that if someone created a log-in name of "Harlemstateofmind" and started posting on this board with great regularity, using ebonics phrases and CONSTANTLY making stereotypical black jokes about fried chicken and smoking crack and drive-by shootings, that poster would be banned WITH GREAT QUICKNESS. Guaran-*******-teed.

But because there are not as many out-and-proud *** posters on this board, it's "okay" for NYSOM to make 24-7 (bad) *** jokes, and to create a fake-*** persona. Some people are "entertained" by his fake-***-schtick, though they would FREAK OUT if someone did the exact same thing, but making schticky black jokes or schticky Hispanic jokes instead of schticky *** jokes.

People just need to be honest, and acknowledge that.

NYSOM made *** jokes and he loved to body-shame people. He only recently started pushing "breaking news" to try to make people forget that he was a troll. And maybe he was one of the funnier trolls, but he was a troll nonetheless.

A black-joke troll or a Hispanic-joke troll wouldn't last a week here.

I’m gonna get destroyed here for posting this but if you don’t get @nystateofmind and his schtick then the joke is on you.

He makes all these *** jokes, excessive as they may be, on a college chat board where we semi-obsess over decisions made by teenage kids. Myself included. And some of y’all Twitter stalk these kids too, even attack them on social media. Some, and not the majority.

There’s more to discussing the U with fellow fans, and it’s much bigger than just a few recruits and the current players, of course, but at the end of the day, this schit shouldn’t be taken so seriously.

It’s just a joke, and if he annoys you, then just block him.

No, you don't get his schtick at all.

His prior log-in name (or names) were perma-banned. One of his earlier log-ins was "too negative". So his "social commentary" was to come back with an overly positive persona. Same thing with the *** stuff. He is not "commenting on adults' semi-obsession over teenage kids". That is NOT what he is doing. He is baiting people by very flamboyant behavior, and he tries to get people to attack him for "being" *** (when he is not) so that he can point out these people to Andrew and other moderators (who know full well about his prior log-in names).

To the extent that NYSOM is making any "social commentary", it is not about us following college football players, it is about trying to prove to Andrew and others that there are "other posters" who should be banned as well, he feels he was unfairly singled out for permabanning in the past.

It's just a ridiculous long-con troll job.

I don't think NYSOM was a troll. What did he do wrong?

You guys are hating on the man just for being ***. Let's just tell it how it is.

Why is it OK for some people on here to post pictures of women every time we land a recruit - sometimes very fat women - but it's not OK for NYSOM to express himself in exactly the same way? Either allow none of it, or allow all of it. But don't apply different rules to him just because of his orientation.

It just shows the bigotry that still exists against homosexuals.

Just let him be himself. He wasn't hurting anyone.

But that's just my opinion.

I don't think NYSOM was a troll. What did he do wrong?

You guys are hating on the man just for being ***. Let's just tell it how it is.

Why is it OK for some people on here to post pictures of women every time we land a recruit - sometimes very fat women - but it's not OK for NYSOM to express himself in exactly the same way? Either allow none of it, or allow all of it. But don't apply different rules to him just because of his orientation.

It just shows the bigotry that still exists against homosexuals.

Just let him be himself. He wasn't hurting anyone.

But that's just my opinion.

I'd have no problem if NYSOM was ACTUALLY ***. But he is not. It's fake schtick.

A troll is someone who creates and operates a fake persona to stir up fake disputes with people. There are some funny trolls, some annoying trolls, and some abrasive trolls.

NYSOM is a troll. One of the more humor-oriented trolls, but he is NOT ***.

Advertisement
I don't know if you remember this from a few years ago, but there was an F$U poster who used to post on Warchant, then he jumped over to one of the startup competitors (was it the ESPN platform, or 247, or something similar). Right now, I can't remember this F$U fan's name, but he was one of those "insider" guys that posted a few nuggets that turned out correctly, so certain people worshipped him.

Anyhow, he was one of the lead guys who jumped over to another website, and he's writing articles and doing his schtick. Well, part of his schtick was that he "acted black", he wrote a lot of stuff in ebonics, and whatnot. Then, a few F$U fans found out that they guy was white, and they outed him. It was a big (well, big for F$U) scandal and the guy lost all of his credibility.

On a couple of occasions, I have opined that if someone created a log-in name of "Harlemstateofmind" and started posting on this board with great regularity, using ebonics phrases and CONSTANTLY making stereotypical black jokes about fried chicken and smoking crack and drive-by shootings, that poster would be banned WITH GREAT QUICKNESS. Guaran-*******-teed.

But because there are not as many out-and-proud *** posters on this board, it's "okay" for NYSOM to make 24-7 (bad) *** jokes, and to create a fake-*** persona. Some people are "entertained" by his fake-***-schtick, though they would FREAK OUT if someone did the exact same thing, but making schticky black jokes or schticky Hispanic jokes instead of schticky *** jokes.

NYSOM made *** jokes and he loved to body-shame people. He only recently started pushing "breaking news" to try to make people forget that he was a troll. And maybe he was one of the funnier trolls, but he was a troll nonetheless.

I can’t argue logically with this. It’s probably offensive to *** people. I don’t like the body shaming stuff. He did it to Paul DiMare and I took issue with it as did you.

I'd have no problem if NYSOM was ACTUALLY ***. But he is not. It's fake schtick.

A troll is someone who creates and operates a fake persona to stir up fake disputes with people. There are some funny trolls, some annoying trolls, and some abrasive trolls.

NYSOM is a troll. One of the more humor-oriented trolls, but he is NOT ***.
He’s not *** and he trolls but he’s exempt from this thread’s reach like Bleak Vern. Banning him is not for me to take on. He’s a legit Canes fan. He will be permitted in this thread on Saturday to address some comments made in here and he has promised a shtick free appearance.

He’s not *** and he trolls but he’s exempt from this thread’s reach like Bleak Vern. Banning him is not for me to take on. He’s a legit Canes fan. He will be permitted in this thread on Saturday to address some comments made in here and he has promised a shtick free appearance.
.......A Shtick free, or **** free??

Advertisement
No, you don't get his schtick at all.

His prior log-in name (or names) were perma-banned. One of his earlier log-ins was "too negative". So his "social commentary" was to come back with an overly positive persona. Same thing with the *** stuff. He is not "commenting on adults' semi-obsession over teenage kids". That is NOT what he is doing. He is baiting people by very flamboyant behavior, and he tries to get people to attack him for "being" *** (when he is not) so that he can point out these people to Andrew and other moderators (who know full well about his prior log-in names).

To the extent that NYSOM is making any "social commentary", it is not about us following college football players, it is about trying to prove to Andrew and others that there are "other posters" who should be banned as well, he feels he was unfairly singled out for permabanning in the past.

It's just a ridiculous long-con troll job.
I’m not here defending the guy and I know little about his past other than he was banned for a few months or something like that. And yes, I feel like prior to that ban he was a bit more composed and he’s become more “flamboyant” since coming back.

However, to me, it’s obvious he gets a kick out of riling certain people up, especially when they come out and attack him for being ***, when, come on, we’re talking about 17 year olds and their 40 times and bench presses and all that schit. He knows this.

So I get and respect what you’re saying, and maybe he has an axe to grind, but it’s also hilarious when people reveal themselves to be so homophobic to a guy who’s obviously trolling many times. It’s a joke, a persona that he plays well and sometimes he even shares some good information.

Advertisement

I remember this dude from RCT.

I can say with certainty that NYSOM is a Canes fan and with the same certainty that he purposely comes to CIS to push peoples buttons and to see how far he can push the envelope of his shtick until he gets the band. This by far is not his first band. He has a long history of this behavior and rest assured when he returns, will continue with same behavior. He lives for the attention and as long as he gets it, will continue relentlessly.

Advertisement
Back