Kiffin rumor - oh you all are going to love this sauce

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lane makes way too much sense, no way he’ll even get a look, unless Brian White becomes the AD.

But make no mistake about it, Cristobal is the guy that the Money Men want, if he says no, then God help us all because they’re not gonna make a good decision if the only Coach they know of is off the table.

That’s why who gets hired as the next AD is the most important hire for the next decade of Canes football & athletics in general. Because if they actually hire someone who isn’t beholden to being a yes man for the Columbus Mafia & is allowed autonomy to make decisions, then we have less to worry about because a legit AD can make objective decisions based on his knowledge & prior experience doing the job, but a guy who is only put in position to be a puppet for the BOT will keep us dug deep in the grave of making ****** hires & staying loyal to closely tied relationships that don’t help us in the long term success of the program.

If we luck out & get a real AD, the future looks bright, if they ***** up the AD hire, just fold the program lol
They had a zoom w white yesterday for whatever it’s worth. Was Lane hired by white or the AD before him?

[Link deleted by a Maude who loves this U]

According to Nevin Shapiro, his sauces have told him that UMs #1 candidate is Lane Kiffin, and his DC is going to be.... RANDY SHANNON

shocked-face-wide-eyes.gif
I’d nut three times if Kiffin comes. Bring him

Advertisement
They had a zoom w white yesterday for whatever it’s worth. Was Lane hired by white or the AD before him?
The president hired him while the other AD was still there (Chun), but Chun and Kiffin never got along. White and Kiffin got along very well. Thats why people connect White and Kiffin, which would be almost too good to be true.

If they held a Zoom with him, I presume thats our guy moving forward. @JayCane20 , get ready, we're gonna hire Taggart lol

I was reading this thread on Reddit:

It's hilarious how many people think:
a) Ole Miss is a better job than Miami.
b) that boosters are running rampant and there are too many people involved at the U.

This is legit the first time our boosters have got ****ed off and stuck their nose in - and I'm excited about the outcome. If anything our boosters are too apathetic.

Advertisement
I also love a good redemption story. The problem is that as far as I have been able to tell, Onion hasn't shown me any tangible evidence that all these years under different coaches and all this experience has served to improve his abilities as a DC. In addition to that I don't understand the connection between Kiffin and Shannon.

Curious as to when you think he failed as a DC? Of course he was UM DC a zillion years ago and Ive probably forgotten the low points , but if I recall correctly, he was also the LB coach and I believe we had solid LB play. He may have also saved the program from the death penalty as he told players to stay away from Shapiro. Things could have been much worse if he'd embraced Shapiro the way Shalala did.

Anyways I think DCs have to strategize much differently in the era of high scoring spread offenses. Could Shannon do it? Well, if he can't, Kiffin has shown he has zero problem with firing DCs after only one year (also I think he'd be a co-DC) .

One thing I wonder about is his relationship with high school coaches in SFl. Did he burn bridges when he was HC or does he still have a good reputation with them? If he's still plugged in, maybe that could explain Kiffins alleged interest.

Curious as to when you think he failed as a DC? Of course he was UM DC a zillion years ago and Ive probably forgotten the low points , but if I recall correctly, he was also the LB coach and I believe we had solid LB play. He may have also saved the program from the death penalty as he told players to stay away from Shapiro. Things could have been much worse if he'd embraced Shapiro the way Shalala did.

Anyways I think DCs have to strategize much differently in the era of high scoring spread offenses. Could Shannon do it? Well, if he can't, Kiffin has shown he has zero problem with firing DCs after only one year (also I think he'd be a co-DC) .

One thing I wonder about is his relationship with high school coaches in SFl. Did he burn bridges when he was HC or does he still have a good reputation with them? If he's still plugged in, maybe that could explain Kiffins alleged interest.
It's not so much an issue of him failing in the past as it is of him being able to show he can survive and produce quality defenses in this day and age of spread offenses and high scoring.

When Shannon was DC here he was good for the time period but his defenses were extremely simple and vanilla by design. We played well on defense mostly because we were in a position to out athlete teams. When Shannon faced good OC's who spread the field his defenses would get gashed. Bobby Petrino would routinely spread Shannon's cheeks.

At the time, all Shannon had was a cover 2 shell with a very basic 4-3 slide front which was all he needed most of the time. However the fact is that the game has changed considerably since then and a good DC needs to have much more in his toolbox to be able to succeed in today's game. Has Randy used all of the experience he has had post Miami to upgrade and elevate his game as a DC? I'm not sure to be honest and frankly it isn't something that I would want to bet on. I remember that Shannon never had an answer for running QBs or pass catching TEs back in his UM days. His blitzes we're so basic, and obviously telegraphed that it was laughable. Has he grown? Has he learned from all of the different coaches he has worked under? Obviously I would assume that he has but will that translate to him being able to succeed in today's game? I don't know and again I think he should prove that somewhere other than here. Besides, is Randy Shannon really the best Kiffin can do? I would much prefer him to bring his current DC Durkin with him. Why are people always wanting to bring back coaches because of their "Miami ties"? Haven't we had enough of that? Give this program a good head coach and two great coordinators and kids will come. When the local kids see that our coaching staff is for real and are quality coaches who can develop them they will come. How long have local studs been going to out of state programs who don't necessarily have the luxury of having "Miami ties"?

Edit: Vernon Hargreaves was the LB coach not Shannon. Shannon was an LB coach here under Butch but when he returned as DC under Coker it was Hargreaves who coached the LBs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Calm down.

How the actions of 1 man cause you to 2nd guess an entire university and its football team.

That means you were never a fan to begin with.

**** up with that holier than thou BS
Thanks for the suggestion, but please don’t question what kind of fan I am. I live 10 miles from the stadium, grew up 10 minutes from campus and attended at least half of the games each year between 83-92 (my brother and I had to split who went with my dad to games). I attended all games afterwards until ping away for college.

I graduated from OSU and have still managed to feel the pain each and every year since the early 2000s instead of being a fan of my alma mater (I only care about the Canes).

I get the point about not letting Nevin ruin my life as a Canes fan. I take my honesty and integrity very seriously, especially in my business. I also try to explain the importance of character to my children. To have any shared affiliation with that scumbag given what he almost did to the program (our beloved program) and to the people that ye bilked money out of makes me angry.

So hearing comments about him being out of prison and being on the “inside” again brings up bad memories. I realize this is all being said in a manner of jest, but still, he nearly ruined one of my favorite past times, from childhood to the present (or at least that which Shalala hasn’t already ruined). So f*ci Nevin for all that he did. Stay away from our program!

I guarantee you that idiot Nevin posts on here. No way Randy is ever part of this program. I can see Lane tho. Lane would bring Durkin. Which is a very good thing IMO.
I'll bet conditions of his house arrest/ probation are no contact with the U.

Advertisement
Back