Kiffin rumor - oh you all are going to love this sauce

Advertisement
All this goes to show that the college world is scared shiitless. These Mofos are frightened about what a competently lead U can do to college sports.
Horror Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Yep. Live look at Oregon cucks right now.

Curious as to when you think he failed as a DC? Of course he was UM DC a zillion years ago and Ive probably forgotten the low points , but if I recall correctly, he was also the LB coach and I believe we had solid LB play. He may have also saved the program from the death penalty as he told players to stay away from Shapiro. Things could have been much worse if he'd embraced Shapiro the way Shalala did.

Anyways I think DCs have to strategize much differently in the era of high scoring spread offenses. Could Shannon do it? Well, if he can't, Kiffin has shown he has zero problem with firing DCs after only one year (also I think he'd be a co-DC) .

One thing I wonder about is his relationship with high school coaches in SFl. Did he burn bridges when he was HC or does he still have a good reputation with them? If he's still plugged in, maybe that could explain Kiffins alleged interest.
Randy Shannon has failed at both DC positions he’s had post Miami. UF and UCF. His mistakes as Miami head coach have nothing to do with why I don’t want him anywhere near this team. His inability to field a good defense is why.

Randy Shannon has failed at both DC positions he’s had post Miami. UF and UCF. His mistakes as Miami head coach have nothing to do with why I don’t want him anywhere near this team. His inability to field a good defense is why.
That’s not entirely accurate. Randy Shannon CAN field a good defense, provided that the roster is stacked with first rounders, including a few future HOFers.

Advertisement
That’s not entirely accurate. Randy Shannon CAN field a good defense, provided that the roster is stacked with first rounders, including a few future HOFers.
Even then, the offenses today are a lot different than they were when Randy was DC at Miami. You can't just line up in a base 4-3 stack and run man under cover 2 every down.

Advertisement
Lane makes way too much sense, no way he’ll even get a look, unless Brian White becomes the AD.

But make no mistake about it, Cristobal is the guy that the Money Men want, if he says no, then God help us all because they’re not gonna make a good decision if the only Coach they know of is off the table.

That’s why who gets hired as the next AD is the most important hire for the next decade of Canes football & athletics in general. Because if they actually hire someone who isn’t beholden to being a yes man for the Columbus Mafia & is allowed autonomy to make decisions, then we have less to worry about because a legit AD can make objective decisions based on his knowledge & prior experience doing the job, but a guy who is only put in position to be a puppet for the BOT will keep us dug deep in the grave of making ****** hires & staying loyal to closely tied relationships that don’t help us in the long term success of the program.

If we luck out & get a real AD, the future looks bright, if they ***** up the AD hire, just fold the program lol
This is gold, great post

Advertisement
If you click a link citing Shapiro, you don't love this U. Simple as that in my book.

Fvck Nevin Shapiro and any media outlets giving him play. Don't give them the clicks.
Exactly, and the idea that Nevin is "in the know" or has any inside connections would be unacceptable. Anyone affiliated with UM in any way that has contact with that piece of trash who tried to destroy the program should immediately be banned from having any relationship with the school.

Can you imagine TVD with Lane Kiffin?

TVD 2022 Stats 4,600 Passing Yards 41 Total TDs 8INTs... TVD would smash every Miami passing record with Lane

he'd have to do it in one year, though, because Lane would jump for another job in 18 months if he to the chance

Advertisement
Exactly!! I didn't like him as DC at the U starting with his 2nd season. He had good D's and he instilled good fundamentals and had great talent, but he was not impressive strategically. He would almost always wait too long to make in-game changes. To stubborn. Without all star talent, you've seen how effective he's been. Is he better than Manny as DC? Yes. But, should that be the standard? Absolutely not!

[Link deleted by a Maude who loves this U]

According to Nevin Shapiro, his sauces have told him that UMs #1 candidate is Lane Kiffin, and his DC is going to be.... RANDY SHANNON
Good for deleting this link. This is Wetzel just trying to throw shiite at Miami. OP needs timeout and 20 demerits.

Advertisement
Back