Kiffin rumor - oh you all are going to love this sauce

Advertisement
Not going to lie, I'm a sucker for a good redemption arc and I am sad about how Shannon is remembered. Obviously he wasnt HC material and shouldn't have been given the job, but the guy bleeds orange and green and he gave everything he had to the U. Would be a nice story for The U part 3 if he played a role in bringing home ring #6 and it made UM fans reconsider his legacy.
Bleeds Orange & Blue,,,
Or who ever is paying him.
Ugh..

Agreed 1,000%.

Unfortunately, the decision makers are stuck to it, that’s why getting a real AD matters so much.
Even the people on this board who have information will try to brow beat anyone who doesn't immediately accept Mario as the choice. Then they'll talk about the process being a normal one as opposed to what it sounds like. Some one called it a Columbus Coup. The public reporting is that new the AD will decide Manny's fate and have the say on the who next coach will be. I hope so because on this board it feels like the new AD will come in with the understanding that Mario is 1-3 and if you get to 4 and 5 then you can actually do your job.

Advertisement
Not going to lie, I'm a sucker for a good redemption arc and I am sad about how Shannon is remembered. Obviously he wasnt HC material and shouldn't have been given the job, but the guy bleeds orange and green and he gave everything he had to the U. Would be a nice story for The U part 3 if he played a role in bringing home ring #6 and it made UM fans reconsider his legacy.
I also love a good redemption story. The problem is that as far as I have been able to tell, Onion hasn't shown me any tangible evidence that all these years under different coaches and all this experience has served to improve his abilities as a DC. In addition to that I don't understand the connection between Kiffin and Shannon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
[Link deleted by a Maude who loves this U]

According to Nevin Shapiro, his sauces have told him that UMs #1 candidate is Lane Kiffin, and his DC is going to be.... RANDY SHANNON

shocked-face-wide-eyes.gif
JC! Lawwwwwwwwd I’m scared to death 😂😂😂😂😂

[Link deleted by a Maude who loves this U]

According to Nevin Shapiro, his sauces have told him that UMs #1 candidate is Lane Kiffin, and his DC is going to be.... RANDY SHANNON

shocked-face-wide-eyes.gif
WHO? A lying *** midgit thief!!!

I laughed my *** off when I read that. What reporter would even talk to that guy and report it as news unless it's on how to run a Ponzi scheme?

Advertisement
Lane makes way too much sense, no way he’ll even get a look, unless Brian White becomes the AD.

But make no mistake about it, Cristobal is the guy that the Money Men want, if he says no, then God help us all because they’re not gonna make a good decision if the only Coach they know of is off the table.

That’s why who gets hired as the next AD is the most important hire for the next decade of Canes football & athletics in general. Because if they actually hire someone who isn’t beholden to being a yes man for the Columbus Mafia & is allowed autonomy to make decisions, then we have less to worry about because a legit AD can make objective decisions based on his knowledge & prior experience doing the job, but a guy who is only put in position to be a puppet for the BOT will keep us dug deep in the grave of making ****** hires & staying loyal to closely tied relationships that don’t help us in the long term success of the program.

If we luck out & get a real AD, the future looks bright, if they ***** up the AD hire, just fold the program lol

Lane should be possible. Multiple coaches can take us to the promised land, and I hope we do our due diligence. A good AD hire is critical to our future.

If the rumor saying Julio Frenk is willing to spend and we will get a supplement unlike any other before, then even a "healthy buyout" like Lane's shouldn't be a problem. Idk what the # is, but if we can spend on Mario, we can spend on him.

We favor in our favor with Lane, more money annually to offer, he is familiar with SFL recruiting, and we can offer a lengthier contract.

Mississippi has a weird law that you can't offer more than four years to State employees.

So if the AD thinks this is the right guy, well, we would have more than enough to get it done. I honestly believe we will. Frenk's letter stating he cares, wealthy booster putting their names out there, and multiple reporters are saying we will. I think it's our time.

Advertisement
Back