Kids Now Opting Out Of Playing High School Football?

Advertisement
At the HS level if a player has this twist in the resume, then what will be his perception by Coaches and team mates later?.

Will he play and be portal bound to the highest bidder in 2 years?. Will he be perceived as a "team player" or a I , me glory hound?.

What will the Coaches do in handling this opt out in analyzing performance, before and after this option?..

Can a player get better on his own or without competition with his peers?

I do not see running track, and competing on select 7 x 7 games as improvements over intense game participation.
No way.

There are many ways to look at this, and it ain't always in the positive vein.

Football is not, nor will it ever be an I and me sport.
No way.

It's his life and like he will have to do till death, make decisions he feels best for him. I'm one who whole heartedly believes in the freedom of legal choices granted to all, but some believe they are the only ones with the rights of freedom, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
Every time I think I have read the dumbest **** you'll ever post, you post again and prove me totally wrong. Congratulations.

Advertisement
Who knows, you may soon even start seeing schools encouraging under the radar kids to skip their senior season so they don't get into a recruiting battle with other big schools. They can even possibly convince the school to allow him to practice, even getting reps, and work out with the team on campus. Only difference is not playing on GameDay.

Of course this won't fly for most recruits/colleges, but i could see a school ike Ole Miss be successful with this with a local recruit.

It will probably cost them less to convince an under the radar recruit and school to skip a season then it will to have to outbid Bama or Georgia
Interesting theory. I could definitely see something like this being implemented by lower tier schools. The only thing is would the kid actually do it if they could potentially yield bigger offers by playing their senior season.

Advertisement
I'm a dinosaur came from another era, but this is BS - not sure I'd want to be a foxhole with a guy who opted out of basic training when the bullets start flying, either.

This will send a really bad message to others who may ***** up their opportunity - its along the same lines as some Canes overestimating their worth and leavening early for the draft

I wouldn't want that kid in my program.

This just means that he is going to opt out of at least one year with Texas and maybe two. I don't know the situation but if he doesn't want to ball out with his teammate then I wouldn't want to recruit him.
or he might be playing early at texas im sure he did this knowing his scholarship was good, no way kids do this without knowing but i'd still have to sign something i need that 100% guaranteed that my scholarship will be honored. I dont agree but hey he gave his back up a shot also and some other guys time to shine.

1621617357157.png

Advertisement
I hope you guys all wore your swimsuits because we're balls deep in that slippery slope we talked about when the first player opted out of the bowl game because "he has nothing to prove" and "didn't want to risk injury". Fast forward a couple of years and we have HS kids opting out of Senior years because they are done putting things on tape???

What's next? Pop Warner kids opting out? (yeah yeah, I know but c'mon)

Oh believe me, colleges are definitely OK with this, if not even encouraged. Especially at RB.
Had an FCS S&C coach tell me he encourages his signees to immediately transfer classes from their football weights class to study hall if they don't EE. His advice? "Do yoga and sprint." College coaches are 100% on board with this dude not carrying the ball 40x / game

Advertisement
Had an FCS S&C coach tell me he encourages his signees to immediately transfer classes from their football weights class to study hall if they don't EE. His advice? "Do yoga and sprint." College coaches are 100% on board with this dude not carrying the ball 40x / game
That's very smart.

How many 2022 kids would we rescind offers to if they opt out of their senior season.
Elite players can do this and still get recruited by everyone.
Others not so much.

He didn't carry the ball 40 times per game. He carried it 20.66 times per game.

Texas must really be all in on him...if for whatever reason Texas doesn't want him anymore his options may be really limited with no senior tape. I can't see this being a common thing but who knows.

Advertisement
Back