Kids Now Opting Out Of Playing High School Football?

Cane4life18

Senior

Not sure how I feel about this. I get college athletes doing this to preserve their potential payday with the NFL, but a high school athlete playing football?! Weird. I hope this doesn't become a normal thing among the blue chip recruits. Senior seasons are vital to monitor recruit development and prioritizing recruits.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's their career choice. IDGAF just hope they make the best decision.

RB is definitely one position you could do this.
Agreed. You could change my mind but thinking about it, I don't see any other position that could do this. I would also worry about young men like this staying dedicated and motivated to stay in shape and still work on their skills.

Advertisement
Agreed. You could change my mind but thinking about it, I don't see any other position that could do this. I would also worry about young men like this staying dedicated and motivated to stay in shape and still work on their skills.

Nobody knows his situation. Maybe he really needs the academic focus to reach his EE goal.

And yeah I can envision few positions this would make sense other than RB. Maybe only RB honestly...

I think, outside of RB, you dont really have a choice if you even think about skipping the senior season of high school.

Other positions just dont give that away, because of the game time you lose.

Nobody knows his situation. Maybe he really needs the academic focus to reach his EE goal.

And yeah I can envision few positions this would make sense other than RB. Maybe only RB honestly...
In the article it says he's on track to graduate early. He's doing it to remain healthy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Slowly becoming an I and me sport
It's his body so yeah, it's a him sport. Coaches leave, players transfer, college coaches sign you then leave after promising not to. And your HS strength coach having you back squat 600# so he can 'give you a grade' in PE class while your HS OC runs you 40 times / game... if you can do this and still sign, DO IT.

Who knows, you may soon even start seeing schools encouraging under the radar kids to skip their senior season so they don't get into a recruiting battle with other big schools. They can even possibly convince the school to allow him to practice, even getting reps, and work out with the team on campus. Only difference is not playing on GameDay.

Of course this won't fly for most recruits/colleges, but i could see a school ike Ole Miss be successful with this with a local recruit.

It will probably cost them less to convince an under the radar recruit and school to skip a season then it will to have to outbid Bama or Georgia

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back