Keys to the game

Advertisement
I’ll be interested to see if we run the RO. King did a poor job with it last year, even he admitted so. Coming off an injury is that still in our playbook?

It’s all on our OL today. If we can get push and give our RB’s a crease they’ll take some big chunks. Keep their offense off the field and they can’t score points. Take shots deep when they’re available. Defensively, fly to the ball and show we have the speed and determination to play with Bama for 4 quarters. It’s time to show off all of the S&C we have been getting these past 3yrs. Limit the penalties and let it rip!!!

Advertisement
The key to the entire game is whether or not our experienced O-line can hold up against their front. If we can come close to holding our own, we can make it a game. If they flatten us a la Clemson, forget it. We won’t get to 20 points.
Said this some weeks ago. Its the only thing that determines if we give them a game or not. Other things might determine if we win, but making this a game is all about the OL, especially the interior 3.

As experienced as this roster is across the board, they shouldn’t be deer in the headlights and there shouldn’t be stupid mistakes.

I 100% agree the OL is the key. Talent is there. Just gotta gel and communicate.

Agree on this take. It’s real easy to say and simplistic but do your job. Bama never needs help winning games they certainly won’t need it with us. We often do need that help. So let’s help ourselves and do every part of our job. Stay focused and engaged and execute and love with the result.
We will also need some highlight reel plays to help even the playing field. Gonna take a couple extra special moments from us.

Advertisement
Press on defense, overweight the run defense, demand from the DTs that they get a push up the middle. Gap integrity is essential in this game.

Pass to set up run on offense as they’re going to make King throw. Spread the field with lots of 1 and empty sets. Use Mallory and the RBs as receivers to create mismatches. Screens should work if not overused. Catch the **** ball!!!

Above all else go in to win. Our guys played have 7x7s and camped with Jobe, Battle, Neal et al. They know to respect them without fearing them.

Minimize 3 and outs. I know we have probably the best punter in the country, but even with a flipped field, momentum flips like that can make it ugly quick.

Really comes down to OL and defensive front 7.
No question. Can’t allow them to control the clock. Nick will try to UNC us. Long drives, smash mouth football. 3 and outs are our biggest enemy. With the no huddle a three and out can happen in under a minute. Can’t keep our defense on the field all game. Need offense to move the chains. Give the defense some time to rest. Keep it close until the 4th. Anything can happen then.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Top notch coaching MATTERS in games like this in ALL PHASES of the game. I'm surprised its not being mentioned enough.

The coaches also have to do their jobs and put players in the best position possible to be successful. I think this is very important today. Manny and Rhett are under the microscope today because the talent is there for Miami.

I’ll be interested to see if we run the RO. King did a poor job with it last year, even he admitted so. Coming off an injury is that still in our playbook?
It's also worth mentioning it was Kings first time running the RO in his football career. The OC didn't do him any favors either in those situations last year.

Advertisement
Back