Keys to the game

Advertisement
Keys to the pregame as the fan...

1) Drink early and often (3 beers deep already)

2) Play "In the Air Tonight" as many times as possible

3) Enjoy every second of this day because it's a game that we love and we are all passionate about. Go Canes!
3 beers in already?!? Impressive for 9:30am! Pace yourself a little though… I’ve learned my lessons from my crazy tailgating days

Another simple key is FIRST DOWNS MATTER. Yes, that's obvious but usually I'm these type of games we don't try to take the easy first downs to create momentum but we need to today especially because the big plays will be there but we have to control the clock and go over the top when it's there whole not forcing it

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we win the toss, take the ball. I don’t want to be down 7 before we even have the ball.
Agree. The ol is the one area with the biggest question marks. We’ll find out real fast where we stand. If we can’t block them the first drive we won’t block them the last drive. I want to see the ol be physical and at least get stalemates

Offense mainly has to stay ahead of the sticks. As long as they can stay in 2nd and 5 they can keep their pace and alabama's front has to stay slow. Once we are in 2nd and 12 (which we were in far too frequently last year) they will attack us relentlessly and I doubt we can hold up.

Defense has to be sound on the edges/alley. Regardless of how they script a start they will eventually test that as our ends are small and LB's and safety fill were poor when last seen. You pretty much have to test that. We don't have the size to match it so we'll have to fly upfield and commit just enough extra guys to make a negative play. Then we can play more to our relative advantages.

Advertisement
Time for Mallory to become that dude. Always felt he missed his redshirt and he really wouldnt pay dividends til his 3rd and 4th year he would be beast mode.. Well its year 4, he should be filled out and adjusted to new body and strength and with his size speed combo should be a problem for any and everybody in the nation. If anybody is a stud who should not look out of place against bama talent its him, I expect for him to put nation on notice tonight, will be dissapointed otherwise (whether its him not making plays or lashlee not finding ways to get him the ball)
Mallory and more Mallory.....LETS GO CANES!

Be aggressive. Be smart. And be physical as fvck.

Do not let them establish their ground game. Saban does not want to open up his playbook ahead of SEC play. He'd prefer to keep things vanilla and just pound us with the running game.

On offense -- Attack, attack and attack.

Offense has to hit one over the top early to back up DBs.

Try to avoid obvious passing downs, I.e. minimize negative plays

Defense can’t be shy about blitzing. Don’t let the fear of the rushing attack keep you from getting in a brand new starting qbs face.

DTs need to have the game of their lives

Advertisement
First thing protect the inside of the OL. Limit pressure up the middle on both run and pass. Second thing win your share of 1 v 1, TEs, RBs v LB and safeties, WR v DBs. You wont get easy yards. You have to make plays. Defense fast and chaotic. Lock in a 3rd downs and turnovers. We can live with yards if we force key 3rd downs and turnovers.

Coaches must not go in a shell no matter whst state of the game. Trust tour SRs. They are hungry. They played LSU, UF, ND, Clemson, some of them twice. Its time.

Running Game needs to roll - Can't be one dimensional
Kicking Game - Field Position - Freshman Kicker
Turnovers - Need them

I am most looking forward to see if Key'Shawn Smith is the real deal.
Keyshawn is the x factor in this game for me. He is gonna get the 1 v 1 coverages Clemson gave Dee Wiggins. VT did it last night to UNC, man up and rough up there WRs and they couldn't beat it. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement
Back