Kevin Steele & Josh Gattis Holding Press Conferences Today

#1 defense in the NFL and college played with a “striker”. Maybe Frierson and Amari just suck

Do those teams play with a “striker” every down?… nope. And they dont play it the same way. The striker is the striker which is 🗑…. Other teams have their own hybrid that is nothing like the striker.

Advertisement
We came along way fellas from this past clown show

There are few videos that **** me off more than watching the squirrly eyed fat ******* act like an entitled patronizing little ***** talking about safeties like he’s ever actually “coached” one… where you coaching at now no d? Nowhere, that’s where… **** off

We came along way fellas from this past clown show

can't believe it idris elba GIF

Advertisement
Do those teams play with a “striker” every down?… nope. And they dont play it the same way. The striker is the striker which is 🗑…. Other teams have their own hybrid that is nothing like the striker.
The Bills do yes. Not sure about UGA but the STAR is on the filed more all the time. Maybe it’s just that Finley, Frierson, Carter all suck?

I saw he mentioned Stroud is still part of the program. I have not seen him listed in any role. Anyone know if he will still be around or is he just helping with the transition?
Don't hold me to it but I seem to remember hearing or seeing fairly recently that he was staying in his current off-field role. If that's true it's an excellent holdover to have still here.

Advertisement
Don't hold me to it but I seem to remember hearing or seeing fairly recently that he was staying in his current off-field role. If that's true it's an excellent holdover to have still here.
his wiki page shows him currently as a co-dc at Louisiana Monroe?

I'm not surprised in the slightest that Gattis gives a good press conference but I was very pleasantly surprised by Steele. Dude is good speaker and he actually answers questions and has a level of energy that comes off as high but not fake.

Obviously these things only stay meaningful if the results actually match the impression but both dudes come off as extremely competent and it's nice to have the perceived competence at least have significant resumes behind it now instead of just being based in hopeful optimism.

Advertisement
Advertisement
his wiki page shows him currently as a co-dc at Louisiana Monroe?
Supposedly Terry Bowden was going to offer him an on-field job there like a month or two ago after he struck out hiring an actual DC but I don't think it ever materialized or Stroud didn't accept it.

Again, I'm certainly no real sauce on this but I don't think Stroud would've accepted an actual on-field job elsewhere and still be sticking around here just to help Steele transition.

The Bills do yes. Not sure about UGA but the STAR is on the filed more all the time. Maybe it’s just that Finley, Frierson, Carter all suck?
Striker has been one of the better positions here since Manny implemented it in 2018. Definitely more consistent than LB or CB. Even Carter was noticeably better when they moved him closer to the line of scrimmage and played him like a linebacker.

And yes, almost every team in college football uses some form of hybrid DB/LB these days. People just get too caught up in names. The striker position under Diaz was just the SAM linebacker in a 4-3 scheme

Advertisement
Back