Kevin Steele DC (how to round out staff)

You’re not in the minority at all but some of the most vocal people yesterday were the ones that just like to be miserable or stir the pot

It was a great hire
i don't think anyone here really knows if it was a great hire, although his past successes indicates he will be a great hire. i will knw for sure during the next football year.

Advertisement
i don't think anyone here really knows if it was a great hire, although his past successes indicates he will be a great hire. i will knw for sure during the next football year.
Just in my opinion of course my man. I should have put that

I remember those Auburn teams pretty well. I didn’t know much about Steele but I liked watching them play

Thompson, with some combination of Abdul Rahim, Monroe or Brown would be impressive af.
Aazaar Abdul Rahim was an analyst with him and Mario at Bama in 2014. Obvious name to watch

Jules Montinar was a GA under him at Bama in 2013. Currently at temple and coached CB at Florida in 2021

Lance Thompson was at Alabama both years. Currently at FAU but another old school LB coach with a long SEC resumé

Rodney Garner is Steele’s best friend in the coaching ranks. Doubt he’s one to watch for though with Salave’a already here

Raymond was his CB coach at LSU in 2015

Marcus Woodson, currently at FSU, was under him as a CB coach for 3 years

Wesley McGriff, Crime Dog, was also a DB coach at Auburn while he was there

Other than those overlaps there’s not many more I see us pursuing. I’d say Thompson and Abdul Rahim are the only ones with a chance to be on our staff
Probably too good to be true, but Thompson, Abdul Rahim & Monroe (or even Brown) would be impressive af.

I truly don’t get why this fan base like to dig up old chit that’s no longer relevant.

“We don’t want Mario, b/c look at what he did at FIU!”

“We don’t want Steele b/c of that one bowl game from 2011-12.”

Can we talk about chit that matters, like what have u done for me lately, vs. finding clips from YouTube that’s of low quality b/c it’s over a decade ago?
I’ve said before, we truly have idiots as fans. These same people would find something to complain about if Saban became the HC here. We have some miserable “fans” on this site.

Advertisement
Whether he's named as ILB coach or not, he's probably going to coach them to a certain extent.

For example, Gary Patterson usually had a $s coach, but coached the $s much of the time.

After sleeping on this hire, I like it more than yesterday.

I’ve said before, we truly have idiots as fans. These same people would find something to complain about if Saban became the HC here. We have some miserable “fans” on this site.
Clearly the game has passed Saban by, past his prime, too old, short timer. Terrible hire.

I love the hire…experience and Grit…knows what a winning program and defense should look like…I know he also coaches Lbs but I would bring in a Lbers coach and get tutored by Steele so when he retires Miami would have a up and coming coach on staff to take over as Dc…Steele tutored Travis Williams he the Lbers and Co Dc at auburn….The Hurricane defense will be much improved…The theme here is Accountability…Mario is hiring coaches that Will Demand and Hold the players Accountable…Tuff love…Go Canes

From a buddy of mine that was a GA at Auburn while Steele was there.

“Good coach for sure, doesn’t recruit tho. Sleezeball (probably has more to do with him trying to over throw Gus). Will fix the culture for sure Good not great Xs and Os. But he gets teams to play physical and tackle well”

Advertisement
From a buddy of mine that was a GA at Auburn while Steele was there.

“Good coach for sure, doesn’t recruit tho. Sleezeball (probably has more to do with him trying to over throw Gus). Will fix the culture for sure Good not great Xs and Os. But he gets teams to play physical and tackle well”

I think Steele is a 1 or 2 year plugin hire.
It will serve us well...

Advertisement
Question. Does Vennables take the job if Steele left a disaster?

Advertisement
Question: Auburn fans seem to think they’re going to get Steele as their new HC. If this happens, who do we go after next?

Advertisement
Back