Kevin Harris to Bama

I like to btch about it like everybody else, but it is what it is. The fact is that players get paid and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Say it became legal for everybody to pay, bama would just offer more than us. If you cap the amount a player can receive you get what we already have...boosters just pay in cash on the DL.

In the end, college football makes too much money for schools to leave any stone unturned when it comes to landing the best recruits. The only thing you could do is separate football from academics and basically make college football a feeder league for the NFL in name as well as fact. At that point, as fans, what's our motivation to watch? We care about this team because we've identified with it and the school for years. Take the school out of it, and I'm honestly not sure I'd bother. I love this team because of the great memories and pride I made during my time as a student. That's why I love college more than NFL. Take that away, and there's not much left.

Advertisement
The feds need to investigate ncaa football. This **** is ridiculous. It doesn’t get dirtier than Bama. The sport is suffering because those inbred losers will stop at nothing to get an advantage.

Real Question: Do you know of any other DI coaches owning or have owned a luxury dealership, or any dealership while still coaching?

LMAO lucky enough for us there is enough talent to go around.... Bama cant buy everybody so fck u Bama we are still going to kick ur fckn ***!
FWIW, Ivins just said that he and the other mods on these boards were told by people at UM and Bama that Harris told our staff he was coming. Then something changed over the weekend.....

Bama getting so nervous when it comes to Miami they're being reckless now bc it's too obvious theyre dropping bags.

So he told Bama that he was coming to Miami, then after the weekend is over he has a sudden change of heart and flips back to Bama?? You got to know you got the green light by the NCAA to do whatever to have the nuts to pull that off.

Irony is that as a private school in a relatively expensive city, UM is permitted under ncaa rules to give athletes a very substantial and generous cost of living stipend. So Miami could actually get the players more money while still being above board, which I think would be attractive to players since they wouldn't have to worry about losing eligibility like they would at a bag dropping school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hi! People call me Z...I know Trevon Grimes, Sony Michel, Shawn Burgess Becker, and the Ridley brothers.

They all got paid because the SEC academic wise(outside of Vandy and UF) are Worth absolutely **** without football so they play for players to make them great and relevant. Other big time schools now pay players just so they can stay relevant and compete with the $EC.

It even affects transfers...part of the reason Trevon wait til spring to announce was because they had to figure out how to give OSU a return on their money or they’ll block the transfer entirely.
What happens if Grimes refuses to give the money back? The only possible thing I can think of is the OSU alumni refuse to hire him, but unless he plans on being a truck driver I don't see the issue.

All you here complaining about the SEC schools dropping bags,why don't you guys try to do something about it.Most of you spend hours on social media every day,well spread this **** every where,every day.Have your friends do the same,make enough noise maybe these schools begin to worry some.

What happens if Grimes refuses to give the money back? The only possible thing I can think of is the OSU alumni refuse to hire him, but unless he plans on being a truck driver I don't see the issue.
What’s Trevon going to do? Tell on himself? That’s why you don’t really spend it until you know you’re staying. Even after you accept something like that they still hold the power with the university controlling transfers.

What’s Trevon going to do? Tell on himself? That’s why you don’t really spend it until you know you’re staying. Even after you accept something like that they still hold the power with the university controlling transfers.

Why can't he just refuse to give it back and request a transfer. If OSU blocks the transfer to any non B1G school he could create a media **** storm. Plus he could cite academic reasons since UF is better academically than OSU and it would be impossible to block it. What would they say? He won't give us our money back so we won't let him transfer?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The feds need to investigate ncaa football. This **** is ridiculous. It doesn’t get dirtier than Bama. The sport is suffering because those inbred losers will stop at nothing to get an advantage.
If no other law is broken the IRS is probably deprived of taxes based on unreported income. That in and of itself is a serious matter. I remember our former AD Sam Jankovich raising this issue after we lost a recruit we knew we had locked up back in one of Jimmy Johnson's first classes. We felt very strongly that a major state university had arranged a payoff to the kid's father, a former NFL star, who had gotten into financial problems. I worked at the IRS at the time, and knew that he was absolutely right that such compensation was taxable income that should have been reported on the parent's tax returns and most likely wasn't.

Why can't he just refuse to give it back and request a transfer. If OSU blocks the transfer to any non B1G school he could create a media **** storm. Plus he could cite academic reasons since UF is better academically than OSU and it would be impossible to block it. What would they say? He won't give us our money back so we won't let him transfer?
Wouldn't he be ineligible anywhere if he admitted that he already received compensation? He would be a pro at the point he received payment.

Wouldn't he be ineligible anywhere if he admitted that he already received compensation? He would be a pro at the point he received payment.

What I am saying is he requests a transfer. OSU says he needs to give the money back. He can say no. OSU can't claim they paid him they will get hit harder than he would. They can block his transfer and he can go to the media and claim OSU is blocking his transfer for no reason. OSU again wont say well he didn't give the bag back. At best they could block his transfer to B1G schools. Even if they somehow where able to block his SEC transfer(which would look TERRIBLE for the school) he could appeal like Sherrifs did and say Florida is better academically I want to go there and he would win.

Advertisement
Back