Keshawn Washington

I understand that fully but lol at the fact we'll get talented guys for the last 7-8 spots. They are currently scrambling for scrubs right now and Washington is definitely more talented.

You’re probably right, unfortunately. All the more reason to be frustrated we sat on him this whole year and didn’t find some better option. François was a total troll and never coming here, and coaches took the bait hook, line and sinker. I’m still hopeful Manny Has a repeat of the portal kids he did last year. But, again probably wishful thinking.

Advertisement
Can’t wait for some of you to be wrong on Washington. Here’s to hoping for a sheldrick redwine type of improvement in his career at Miami

If so i'll eat crow....and i hope i have to. Just not seeing it. While not all kids can be starters, you know you'll miss on some and others will get hurt or leave.....so you want to recruit each kid like they can/will be.

We can revisit in a few years.

He was injured as a junior and has never fully recovered. They played him as a senior despite that. His coach said he got better as the season went on, but I just don’t see that in the highlights
Cuz you watching highlights homie lol....I’m sure UM has watched him play in person and know how the kid can play.

Sometimes rivals hit on players and sometimes they don’t, rivals was the only service to have Rousseau rated as a 4 star
The South east regional guy at Rivals was real real high on Rousseau. He kept pushing for him in the rankings.

Advertisement
Film looks very meh

I see Knowles 2.0 - which is fine as long as he’s not starting

Get him out there making special teams plays and for depth

Yes this staff has proven to be excellent talent evaluators...?
I’m not saying that either but what does he have to prove on highlights when he’s been committed to the school of his choice for the past 2 years and they’ve seen him play plenty of times since his in their backyard.... to sum this up you as a fan will care about his highlights while the staff as actually game footage of him lol. Just makes a lil more sense. Now if this was an OOS kid I’d understand your sentiment.

I’m not saying that either but what does he have to prove on highlights when he’s been committed to the school of his choice for the past 2 years and they’ve seen him play plenty of times since his in their backyard.... to sum this up you as a fan will care about his highlights while the staff as actually game footage of him lol. Just makes a lil more sense. Now if this was an OOS kid I’d understand your sentiment.

Isn't it usually the opposite? That highlight videos show a best plays but the concern is how a kid plays outside of those few snippets?

Advertisement
Isn't it usually the opposite? That highlight videos show a best plays but the concern is how a kid plays outside of those few snippets?

It is. There are plenty of kids with amazing highlights that flame out, that's why you see full games, assess their athleticism at camps and combines, and do all the other due diligence. But I can't recall a highlight tape that I didn't like and the kid turned out to be a legit starter. Some bit players here and there, but not a "Miami kid".

That has always been a strong suit of the recent staffs, we find guys, we just can't get them or hold on to them.

I agree overall. But OL and To some degree LB have been head scratchers. Which is why I want Barry and Patke out on December 27th.

And the depth of our board is lacking and leaves us in a lurch at other positions such as TE and obviously DB. How can Rumph not find a second CB in the most fruitful recruiting ground for CBs in the country.There were at least a half dozen kids as good or better than Hodges that he could have landed with a little foresight and effort.

You Guys Don’t Know Isht!
Kid has Natural Instincts! He’s a ball player and his tape says so.
He will DEFINITELY benefit from a RedShirt. He May have some hip stiffness but he will be better than #5 that we currently have because of his instincts.
Robert Knowles is actually not a bad comparison except this guy is much more active with his shoulder pads.
Best position may be safety if they can pair him with a nice rangy ball safety which they don’t appear to have. Will get exposed more at striker imo.
Can be Solid with development and a nice special teams player!
Bump

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was he named a starter or something, why was this bumped.

Because some people really love to **** all over themselves over the slightest hint of possibly being right.

Taking a victory lap based on a couple hits in the Spring Game? Greentree All-America szn in full swing I see.

Not only that, but dude's ultimate conclusion that he's bumping was that Washington "can be Solid with development and a nice special teams player". I don't think people were saying "solid with development" or "nice special teams player" were beyond Washington's potential. That's not really going out on a limb for his guy, lol.

Advertisement
Back