Keshawn Washington

Advertisement
Never got the hate this kid has gotten in the pas, People should wait to see him in a college strength program but you can tell he’s going to really fill out on the next level. He’s a legit 6’3 South Dade seems to line him up all over the place so I wonder Where he will end up at Miami

Last edited:
People were looking at measurables. Same people we try to quiet down after their knee-jerk reactions.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who hates the word “Striker?” ****! If the kid is safety, then he’s a safety. If he’s a LB, then let him be a true LB. This whole striker position is stifling kids and making them look suspect. A la Gilbert Frierson.

I hope this kid makes everyone eat crow. 6'2'' with long arms and can be moved around on the defensive field. He will need a redshirt to put on weight but I think he can be a solid player down the line.

Advertisement
Am I the only one who hates the word “Striker?” ****! If the kid is safety, then he’s a safety. If he’s a LB, then let him be a true LB. This whole striker position is stifling kids and making them look suspect. A la Gilbert Frierson.

I’m not a huge fan of it either but versatility and hybrid players has been the rage at every level of football for a long time. Every program has a bizarre name for a hybrid player in their defense whether it is striker, moneybacker, star, etc... The NY giants are hardly innovative and had a big nickel ( 3 safeties) package as their base defense in 2010.

At the end of the day guys with the size and athletic ability to play multiple positions are valuable because they can stay on the field and rotate positions.

My issue with the striker position is that it’s almost a dumping ground for players even though the position can be very demanding. Manny got pretty short with a reporter when a Frierson got lined up 1 on 1 with a Florida receiver (went for a huge gain and TD) and he was questioned about how that happens. If they want the striker to sometimes be a nickel corner, 3rd safety, or linebacker they need to recruit some freaks not dump slow footed safeties and corners there.

I think Washington eventually becomes a linebacker personally and a pretty good one. I don’t see how he is going to ever man up with a fast receiver going deep in college.

Almost as much as “accountability” and “culture change”.

Advertisement
Thing I dont like about this kid is his tackling and that's a problem for our team now. I wasnt the biggest fan of his prior injury. I am not a fan of his pass coverage either he gets sucked into the back field and at striker which he is likely playing that's a problem

Advertisement
I’m not a huge fan of it either but versatility and hybrid players has been the rage at every level of football for a long time. Every program has a bizarre name for a hybrid player in their defense whether it is striker, moneybacker, star, etc... The NY giants are hardly innovative and had a big nickel ( 3 safeties) package as their base defense in 2010.

At the end of the day guys with the size and athletic ability to play multiple positions are valuable because they can stay on the field and rotate positions.

My issue with the striker position is that it’s almost a dumping ground for players even though the position can be very demanding. Manny got pretty short with a reporter when a Frierson got lined up 1 on 1 with a Florida receiver (went for a huge gain and TD) and he was questioned about how that happens. If they want the striker to sometimes be a nickel corner, 3rd safety, or linebacker they need to recruit some freaks not dump slow footed safeties and corners there.

I think Washington eventually becomes a linebacker personally and a pretty good one. I don’t see how he is going to ever man up with a fast receiver going deep in college.
Greatly said.

Thing I dont like about this kid is his tackling and that's a problem for our team now. I wasnt the biggest fan of his prior injury. I am not a fan of his pass coverage either he gets sucked into the back field and at striker which he is likely playing that's a problem
That’s why we have coaches...

Rivals obviously loves the kid - they rank him at 129th player in the nation, at any position. 8th ranked safety in the nation.

Advertisement
Back