Keshawn Washington

I just don't see it. I really hope i'm wrong but i don't see a kid who's going to be big/physical enough to play LB or fast enough to play DB.

If he signs i'll support him because he's a Cane but according to my eyes, i don't see a 4-star level recruit. That shuttle and vert test, even a year and a half old, concerns me at that size.
I think he is more of a role player and not a guy that fits any particular position. Think more of a situational player that can line up where you need him to. Modern day defenses arent as black and white as they used to be and you need versatile players which is why I think he is a take. His length and range are impressive.

Advertisement
Yeesh. He makes Knowles look like a dynamic athlete in comparison.

I'll be shocked if this kid contributes on the field at Miami in any way, shape or form. If anyone disagrees I'd love to hear what they like about his game besides his height.

Uh oh.

The guy is versatile, plays physical, and probably fills out to 6’2 - 6’3 210-220. He ran a 4.69 almost 2 years ago. If a 4.69 is as slow as he ever tests (likely improves on his testing numbers from February 2018) and he fills out he’s an athletic outside linebacker and special teamer.

Or he doesn’t fill out and he 6’1.5 (listed there today) 190-200 (gains 20 pounds) and gets faster (4.5-4.6) and is an average safety athletically.

Robert Knowles could be this guys floor. That’s a take in my opinion.

His offer list is legit too.

Knowles tape was way way way more impressive....And also Knowles is a good kid who played hard, but Knowles was dogshyt here no matter what the coaches force into our heads every **** interview. Had his best year this year, solid tackler if you run right into him. But we don't want another Knowles other than intangibles. And again Knowles actually MADE PLAYS is in his highlights.

When Knowles deflected that ball in the end zone against Duke I almost fainted...It was nice to see him actually put his hand on a football once during his UM football career

He's Literally the same player as Tennison just more size

Your hands should burn off at the wrists for typing this fallacy on a keyboard. Tennison is out there in highlights taking kids souls. Breaking 80 yard runs, tackling kid in space, pick 6s the whole 9...This kid breaks up a poorly thrown fade or 2 and jumps on a couple piles?

Advertisement
Everybody can't be a starter...

As long as he's not depended upon to be a contributing starter that has to play a ton snaps he'll be fine. But the fact is he's a questionable prospect, the lack of athleticism is a concern, no amount of spinning will change that.

Being honest about a player is not bashing or hating, people are allowed to state their opinion that they don't see it with him, doesn't mean they're "bad fans" because of it.

People made the same arguments in defense of Mathis up until the day he decommitted, obviously Washington isn't getting dropped or decommitting, but every time people discuss a prospect that they may not be as high on as others you guys don't have to snap your necks trying to justify every decision the staff makes in recruiting.

It's nothing personal against the kid, but people aren't being ridiculous for questioning what his upside could be.

Everybody can't be a starter...

As long as he's not depended upon to be a contributing starter that has to play a ton snaps he'll be fine. But the fact is he's a questionable prospect, the lack of athleticism is a concern, no amount of spinning will change that.

Being honest about a player is not bashing or hating, people are allowed to state their opinion that they don't see it with him, doesn't mean they're "bad fans" because of it.

People made the same arguments in defense of Mathis up until the day he decommitted, obviously Washington isn't getting dropped or decommitting, but every time people discuss a prospect that they may not be as high on as others you guys don't have to snap your necks trying to justify every decision the staff makes in recruiting.

It's nothing personal against the kid, but people aren't being ridiculous for questioning what his upside could be.
Exactly. This is a kid who honestly looked a lot better earlier in high school. His senior year he was coming off a major injury and was never really able to put on weight or train very effectively before the season. He is an uncertain prospect and theres every reason to question what his ceiling can be and what his floor is. Obviously the staff feels he can get back to the track he was on as a sophomore in highschool and at the end of the day they get paid to make those evaluations. We as fans have every right to give our opinions though.

Advertisement
I wish this kid all the best, hope he comes back from injury with a chip on his shoulder playing high level ball to prove us all wrong.

But nothing on his highlights shows he’s UM caliber. IMHO it’s a wasted scholly on a team the needs all the spots it can get to upgrade talent and improve depth.

I wish this kid all the best, hope he comes back from injury with a chip on his shoulder playing high level ball to prove us all wrong.

But nothing on his highlights shows he’s UM caliber. IMHO it’s a wasted scholly on a team the needs all the spots it can get to upgrade talent and improve depth.

Wait? Did I miss this? He’s injured as well?

Wait? Did I miss this? He’s injured as well?

He was injured as a junior and has never fully recovered. They played him as a senior despite that. His coach said he got better as the season went on, but I just don’t see that in the highlights

Advertisement

Lol at wasting a scolly - we never have a full roster anyways since we tend to recruit guys that we have no shot at getting. We aint Bama.

Advertisement
Lol at wasting a scolly - we never have a full roster anyways since we tend to recruit guys that we have no shot at getting. We aint Bama.

I’m not talking about the 85, I’m talking about the 25 class caps for 2019 and 2020. You can LOL all you want. But according to the guys that track this stuff, we have at best 7-8 more scholars available, possibly only 6. And we have a lot of needs.

I’m not talking about the 85, I’m talking about the 25 class caps for 2019 and 2020. You can LOL all you want. But according to the guys that track this stuff, we have at best 7-8 more scholars available, possibly only 6. And we have a lot of needs.

if moise signs, were at 19 right? so we should, at worst, have six left. do transfers count against that cap?

I understand that fully but lol at the fact we'll get talented guys for the last 7-8 spots. They are currently scrambling for scrubs right now and Washington is definitely more talented.

Advertisement
Back