Keontra Smith

Advertisement
Smith's combine numbers compared to some notable WRs and DBs:

Keontra Smith- 5'11, 195 lbs, 4.55, 35.7 vert
Te'Cory Couch- 5'9.5, 148 lbs, 4.51, 35.7 vert
Jaden Davis- 5'9, 166 lbs, 4.58, 32.7 vert
Jeremiah Payton- 6'0.5, 186 lbs, 4.74, 32.9 vert
Kaiir Elam- 6'0.5, 182 lbs, 4.51, 31.4 vert

Already is 5-11 195lbs running a 4.55 40. His 2nd or 3rd year at the U he can be like 210 or 215 running in the 4.4s by that point insane

Advertisement
Smith's combine numbers compared to some notable WRs and DBs:

Keontra Smith- 5'11, 195 lbs, 4.55, 35.7 vert
Te'Cory Couch- 5'9.5, 148 lbs, 4.51, 35.7 vert
Jaden Davis- 5'9, 166 lbs, 4.58, 32.7 vert
Jeremiah Payton- 6'0.5, 186 lbs, 4.74, 32.9 vert
Kaiir Elam- 6'0.5, 182 lbs, 4.51, 31.4 vert

Been saying it for a while but there's gotta be something up with Kaiir Elam. How is that kid not sky high on the board?

6 foot and a half, can easily play at 195, and runs 4.51. It's universally known Couch is one of the fastest prospects in SFL this class...**** it's how he makes his bones, he's only 150 pounds, and Elam has the same 40 time with a considerably bigger frame. I know Diaz went to watch him last week but **** I watch this kid's film and I see his measurables and I have no idea how he's not at or near the top of the CB board.

Well for starts Keontra is an elite athlete. Ran a 4.5 laser 40 and had one of the top testing performances at the Miami Nike Camp.

But there's no point in arguing with a guy who would complain about getting a top-15 safety
Top 15 ain't elite bruh.... Dude is solid, i want some game changers In the back end.
Not sure what the problem is. This guy looks elite and a perfect fit as a strong safety or our rover/striker/what ever position.
The problem is I have yet to see this staff land a blue chip elite DB.

That's the problem.

UM should be landing elite DB's yr in and yr out.

Advertisement
When we use the SLB, our depth chart is set for 2019: McCloud, Wilder, and Solomon.
When we use the striker, our depth chart is set for 2019: Finley and Derrick Smith.

Our strong safety depth chart is set for 2019: Carter, Knowles, Keontre Smith.

The last remaining hole is at free safety for 2019: Hall, Derrick Smith (when he's not needed at Striker), and two more true free safeties. Hopefully they're Stevenson and Gant.
No disrespect to the young man but I'll feel better when Knowles is not in the 3 deep. Word is that he has improved which is great but still we need to keep stacking and getting this flip commit from Smith is a **** good start. Want Stevenson for that ballhawking FS position that we have lacked. LB is nearly set with the additions of Brooks, Huff, Solomon and Pierre. Reload on the DL and keep stacking at CB and S and watch this defense become the elite machine we all envision. I want to start seeing some elite CB's and DL start to commit.

Last edited:
Top 15 ain't elite bruh.... Dude is solid, i want some game changers In the back end.
The problem is I have yet to see this staff land a blue chip elite DB.

That's the problem.

UM should be landing elite DB's yr in and yr out.
Sit this one out bruh and lay off that sh*t

So gurvan Hall and Gilbert ain’t elite, you sounding stupid as **** right now

Sit this one out bruh and lay off that sh*t

So gurvan Hall and Gilbert ain’t elite, you sounding stupid as **** right now
U the biggest goofy on this site by far !

Hall was not elite his sr yr.

Jr yr he was a STUD

Really like this pickup. He's clearly a plus athlete that knows how to find the guy with the ball and close on him with bad intentions. His junior tape is mostly him playing LB and being a heat seeking missile.

I think it's worthwhile to also check out his Sophomore tape where you see him play mostly DB. You still see a lot of the same strengths, but often from the strong safety and nickel spots. This tape further informs the type of prospect he is and can be for us. He might not be the ballhawking centerfielder (I don't think anyone expected that), but he can be an absolute demon on the underneath stuff. He can definitely be great in the Striker role we are implementing, but also seems to be an outstanding strong safety. Whether he has the range to play deep, as well, is not clear, but based on his athleticism and the fact that he's just a **** good football player, I'm not gonna doubt him.

Advertisement
Been saying it for a while but there's gotta be something up with Kaiir Elam. How is that kid not sky high on the board?

6 foot and a half, can easily play at 195, and runs 4.51. It's universally known Couch is one of the fastest prospects in SFL this class...**** it's how he makes his bones, he's only 150 pounds, and Elam has the same 40 time with a considerably bigger frame. I know Diaz went to watch him last week but **** I watch this kid's film and I see his measurables and I have no idea how he's not at or near the top of the CB board.

Because eventually he will be a Gator

Advertisement
I'm so series !

What makes him different then A.Carter and Derrick Smith? Yeah they are all head hunters but God **** can we land any elite blue chip DB's!

How is his pass coverage skills ETC

He screams (Rover) nothing more nothing less.

He is more athletic than carter and smith better ball skills too fits our striker role perfectly so yes this is a great pick up

Advertisement
Back