Ken Dorsey The New OC???

Advertisement
Mario moved to OC, Dorsey to QB coach. Carroll back at TE.

There are many on this site who do not favor Mario for OC. I for one think it could work. Not sure what Dorsey's experience at QB coach is and if he has the knowledge to teach the position. He was an unorthodox guy I don't remember him being great mechanically, smart though. Obviously Carrol will do fine with the TEs but whose coaching the wideouts?

I don't really feel comfortable giving it to Mario. If we did though, I would rather it be something like a Co-OC thing with someone else who has some playcalling experience.

Matt Lubick as a Co-OC with Cristobal could work. Bonus that he has QB and WR coaching experience. And on top of that is supposed to be a very good recruiter.

Matt Lubick as a Co-OC with Cristobal could work. Bonus that he has QB and WR coaching experience. And on top of that is supposed to be a very good recruiter.

Lubick seems to be the name that's out there right now so I would expect that to be the hire but, I really like the idea of going after a QB Coach from the NFL. The guys that worked with any of the young guys that had success this season would seem like strong hires. I also wouldn't mind hiring an OC from a non AQ conference that had great success running a prostyle scheme with minimal talent.

I would be on board with the Lubick hire. Duke put together a fairly potent offense and he did it with second tier SF talent.

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1284019 said:

Lubick seems to be the name that's out there right now so I would expect that to be the hire but, I really like the idea of going after a QB Coach from the NFL. The guys that worked with any of the young guys that had success this season would seem like strong hires. I also wouldn't mind hiring an OC from a non AQ conference that had great success running a prostyle scheme with minimal talent.

I would be on board with the Lubick hire. Duke put together a fairly potent offense and he did it with second tier SF talent.

Serious question. Who gets credit for Duke's offense? Lubick, or the OC, Kurt Roper? Who gets credit for our offense? McDonald, or the OC, Fisch?

Serious question. Who gets credit for Duke's offense? Lubick, or the OC, Kurt Roper? Who gets credit for our offense? McDonald, or the OC, Fisch?

I was under the impression that Lubick's main credential was also as the "passing coordinator" whatever that is. This was my basis for giving him credit for the offensive success, particularly the passing game which I didn't make clear in the earlier post.

Last edited:
he did do time at the HS level as oc in Sarasota but not saying thats anywhere good enough to coach at the college level....he did run a good offense....38-2 at Da U

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1284241 said:

I was under the impression that Lubick's main credential was also as the "passing coordinator" whatever that is. This was my basis for giving him credit for the offensive success, particularly the passing game which I didn't make clear in the earlier post.
McDonald had the same title at UM. As passing coordinator should he get the same credit as Lubick?

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1284241 said:

McDonald had the same title at UM. As passing coordinator should he get the same credit as Lubick?

I would say no. I haven't researched Lubick until just now and if you read above he isn't the direction I would have gone to start. I had thought he was the QB coach at Duke but, he like McDonald is a WR coach.

If you want to bust my balls cause I said I'd be on board go ahead. My opinion is more an endorsement of Golden's judgement than Lubick's resume.

I've stated multiple times, in multiple threads including this one, that I'd be comfortable with Cristobal if Golden felt he could do the job.

If we hire from outside the program I would prefer an NFL QB coach with extensive coaching experience or a prostyle OC from a lesser quality school that has a record of putting together a balanced, productive offense with average talent at his disposal.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back