Ken Dorsey The New OC???

I really think UM fans give Dorsey more credit then he deserves as a being a "great" QB .... Yall forget the guys he played with at WR,TE and RB were the best in CB and then in the pros ... He was good but he played with some MONSTERS

Shut the **** up.

You can live that Manteo life all you want to the truth hurts lol you mad bro lol

Advertisement
I wonder since he's already in a non-coaching role, if he'd be willing to come to UM in a similar capacity considering the new NCAA rule change?

Listen im not saying that the guy wasnt good im saying that with the people had around him he had no choice but to put up numbers like that ....you realize he had S.moss, and Reggie Wayne one yr when you have a player thats gonna take your 5 - 8 yard pass 25 - 30 yards more its not a hard decision

Well if you're not saying that he's bad, then by what parameters would you say he's not great? You still haven't answered that question.

Additionally, now that you've conceded that he was good, then what point are you trying to make in this thread about him coaching?

You're not connecting dots man.

Advertisement
I know there is a thread on OCs, but I thought this deserved its own.

Dorsey posted this on Facebook

"Hopefully I'll have some good news for everyone soon! Thank "U" for the love!"

He thanked people mentioning him as the OC and says there are a lot of opportunities out there for him to consider

http://www.facebook.com/ken.dorsey.777

Regardless of his time as the Browns' player/pseudo-coach, he's officially spent his time as a scout. O-Coordinator is a **** of a ******* stretch. Even Jim Harbaugh meandered in a role at Western Kentucky (while he still played pro) before he went on to...San Diego. It was once he proved himself at San Diego (for 3 years) before moving on.

Color me ******* shocked if he gets anything beyond a position coach job, which would cause some staff re-arrangement.

154.jpg

Listen im not saying that the guy wasnt good im saying that with the people had around him he had no choice but to put up numbers like that ....you realize he had S.moss, and Reggie Wayne one yr when you have a player thats gonna take your 5 - 8 yard pass 25 - 30 yards more its not a hard decision

Well if you're not saying that he's bad, then by what parameters would you say he's not great? You still haven't answered that question.

Additionally, now that you've conceded that he was good, then what point are you trying to make in this thread about him coaching?

Incorrect. He's connecting the dot on his thumb with the brown dot between his butt cheeks.

Incorrect. He's connecting the dot on his thumb with the brown dot between his butt cheeks.

The ole cinnamon ring strikes again.

I know most of you would love for Dorsey to have a pillow in front of him if you ever meet him but the facts are there with all those accomplishments that were named he still went 7th round and didnt play well in the NFL not bashing him im glad we had him but if the players around you that you made the throws to went high and still play and most will be HOFs why not you? My point is he wasnt that great and for uninformed fans to think that he should be the OC you need to get yo thumb out your cornhole.....

Advertisement
I know most of you would love for Dorsey to have a pillow in front of him if you ever meet him but the facts are there with all those accomplishments that were named he still went 7th round and didnt play well in the NFL not bashing him im glad we had him but if the players around you that you made the throws to went high and still play and most will be HOFs why not you? My point is he wasnt that great and for uninformed fans to think that he should be the OC you need to get yo thumb out your cornhole.....

being great in college does not mean you will or can do well in the pros

:emotcrown:

I really think UM fans give Dorsey more credit then he deserves as a being a "great" QB .... Yall forget the guys he played with at WR,TE and RB were the best in CB and then in the pros ... He was good but he played with some MONSTERS

Shut the **** up.

You can live that Manteo life all you want to the truth hurts lol you mad bro lol

Negged. Dorsey was a great College QB. Dude was 38-2 in his career and was robbed of a second national title.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Shut the **** up.

Negged. Dorsey was a great College QB. Dude was 38-2 in his career and was robbed of a second national title.

This. and he honestly got robbed of one in 2000 too. FSU got to go even though we beat them and they chenged the BCS after because of it. We would've stomped OU. FSU only managed a safety.

Dorsey may have been the most cerebral of all the Cane QB's. This is why people like myself think he would make a great coach here one day. Not because of his record or his arm or whatever.

Dorsey was the last QB we had that could come up to the line on his own, and audible to the right play if needed. Sure, we audible some now, but the entire offense just looks over to the coaches for the audible. The QB doesn't do it himself like in the pros.

You should also remember Dorsey on the sidelines getting in people's faces and motivating the team. Another good quality for a coach.

I do agree that he should be a position coach or something 1st.

Wow, so in one thread we have a poster who says Cristobal should be the OC because he ran a prostyle offense at FIU and not the "spread oopdy scoop crap". Even though if anybody ever just by mistake flipped it to a FIU game by mistake knew they ran a hurryup spread offense and went as far as to hire a chip kelly disciple from NH to implement said offense. Now in this thread we have a new poster saying Dorsey wasnt what fans think because he was drafted late in the draft. Not for what he did on the field for the canes but just for his draft prospect in the NFL. Yikes...

I know its great the the site is growing but now it seems it is flooded with truly clueless people. Not even trolls, lol...

Advertisement
Back