Ken Dorsey The New OC???

LexCane55

Senior
I know there is a thread on OCs, but I thought this deserved its own.

Dorsey posted this on Facebook

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]"Hopefully I'll have some good news for everyone soon! Thank "U" for the love!"[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]He thanked people mentioning him as the OC and says there are a lot of opportunities out there for him to consider

[/FONT]http://www.facebook.com/ken.dorsey.777

Advertisement

"Hopefully I'll have some good news for everyone soon! Thank "U" for the love!"

He thanked people mentioning him as the OC and says there are a lot of opportunities out there for him to consider

http://www.facebook.com/ken.dorsey.777

Regardless of his time as the Browns' player/pseudo-coach, he's officially spent his time as a scout. O-Coordinator is a **** of a ******* stretch. Even Jim Harbaugh meandered in a role at Western Kentucky (while he still played pro) before he went on to...San Diego. It was once he proved himself at San Diego (for 3 years) before moving on.

Color me ******* shocked if he gets anything beyond a position coach job, which would cause some staff re-arrangement.

"Hopefully I'll have some good news for everyone soon! Thank "U" for the love!"

He thanked people mentioning him as the OC and says there are a lot of opportunities out there for him to consider

http://www.facebook.com/ken.dorsey.777

Regardless of his time as the Browns' player/pseudo-coach, he's officially spent his time as a scout. O-Coordinator is a **** of a ******* stretch. Even Jim Harbaugh meandered in a role at Western Kentucky (while he still played pro) before he went on to...San Diego. It was once he proved himself at San Diego (for 3 years) before moving on.

Color me ******* shocked if he gets anything beyond a position coach job, which would cause some staff re-arrangement.

He will be the QB coach not OC

Advertisement
If he comes as the QB corch, then Lubedick would likely be the OC. This would mean that we are losing another corch.

The thing is and correct me if I am wrong but if we brought him in as a QB coach we would then either have to let someone go to get an outside OC or promote another position coach to OC.

Yea I was going to post QB coach or OC but that would mean a current coach would become the OC or we are losing another coach

Last edited:
Advertisement
The thing is and correct me if I am wrong but if we brought him in as a QB coach we would then either have to let someone go to get an outside OC or promote another position coach to OC.

You are correct. Would be very odd if they brought him in as a corch. Do we have any G.A. openings? Did they fill the one from when Hernandez left for Iowa?

You are correct. Would be very odd if they brought him in as a corch. Do we have any G.A. openings? Did they fill the one from when Hernandez left for Iowa?

Kareem Brown was jsut picked up as a GA though

Also I cant see Dorsey having to take classes and taking that small of a salary

I'm assuming Kareem is the defensive GA. What is Dorsey's corching background? Is it sufficient to put him outside the realm of being a GA? I'm honestly not familiar with his corching resume' aside from folks claiming he was a pseudo-player/corch in Cleveland.

Advertisement

I'm assuming Kareem is the defensive GA. What is Dorsey's corching background? Is it sufficient to put him outside the realm of being a GA? I'm honestly not familiar with his corching resume' aside from folks claiming he was a pseudo-player/corch in Cleveland.

He is an NFL scout with the Panthers

Advertisement

He doesn't really have a coaching background. He was given an extension in Cleveland as a purported "player" (tutor) role where he helped the younger QBs digest the playbook, etc.

He's officially worked as an advanced scout. Basically, here was the description:

The Panthers have hired former NFL and University of Miami quarterback Ken Dorsey to be an advance scout, which will entail Dorsey attending the games of the team’s next opponent and reporting back on what he sees. On the surface, it isn’t that big of a story.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/15/panthers-hire-ken-dorsey-as-advance-scout/

He's tutored Cam Newton pre-draft through the IMG academy.

He is not prepared to be an OC at the bigtime college football level. QB coach I would buy, but then I wouldn't know who we drop. I think he's as likely to be a QB coach in the NFL. He's done it specifically with Chud's system already.

Advertisement
Back