smh, acting like Im treating this like ncaa27. I was just estimating off of last season (which included playoff snaps!), but lets do the actual math here:
last year the ACTUAL snaps were: Toure had 675, Wes had 625 snaps, Popo had 304 snaps, and Chase Smith had 265 snaps. Thats combined 1,869ish snaps, and only 2 of those guys are on this roster. Then the OTHER LBs combined for like another 150ish snaps. So that is a combined 2,000ish snaps available for LBs just to make it nice and round.
Toure won't come off the field all that much, Idk where you got from anything I wrote that he would at any even medium rate from last year. He played 674 snaps last year. I said 725 this year in that quote, but that was clearly a typo and supposed to be 625. The only negative thing I've been saying about Toure is he is a liability against the pass, which is just a 100% fact. So a 50 snap drop is really not a big deal, especially since I specifically said I expect we will be blowing teams out more often so 2nd team will be in more than last season.... Anyways my 625 number is perfectly reasonable. So that means 1,375 snaps left for the remainging lbs.
So then you get to Chase Smith. First of all I disagree that Chase Smith looked pretty athletic. I don't think he's good. I think he's average, to maybe above average. I don't think in anyway he's "proven" he can ball in his 480 career snaps..... Anyways you can assign a number likely between what he received last year and what Wes received (265-625 snaps). Lets just go with 600 snaps for Chase Smith to make him a full time starter. That would mean there are 775 snaps remaining to go around. YOU also said "don’t expect a whole bunch [of snaps] for them outside of Pruitt and Wiley relieving them for 10-12 snaps a game and in blowouts.".... Okay lets just ignore your 10-12 snaps a game figure (which over 14 week season is <340 snaps total for them - aka just slightly more than what popo alone played last yr) and use that 775 snaps remaining number and I guess just apply that to pruitt and Wiley, since I guess you think Bonner isn't getting any.
Hey would you look at that I LITERALLY said "350-400 for Wiley and 300 Pruitt, 200 Bonner". That specifically adds up to 650-700 just for Wiley and Pruitt.... Is that under 775? hmmm.... So If we took MY numbers for Wiley and pruitt, that would mean there would be about 75-125 snaps for Bonner+Freshman... And that is WITH your I guess prediction that Chase Smith would be getting 600 snaps...
Which leads me to ask what you thought you were disagreeing with exactly?.... Seems you got confused on how the numbers worked. The only difference is you think Chase Smith will be a full time starter and I think he will be a half time starter.