Keith Heckendorf....1st OC Rumor to Surface..

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think with every coaching search we have unrealistic expectations as far as coaches we target and who actually wants to come here. Every time.
Heckendorf’s at least had some success, although at a lower level. Unlike Penos who had some poor offenses and we disregarded that in hopes he’d be good because bAmA. We will get an up and comer OC, just real with it.

I think you can get Yost for 1 million and he brings a couple of coaches with experience to take over the offense.
Heckendorf looks like the cheap route and is so stupid on Manny’s part knowing he will be on the hot seat next year.

Liking most of what I'm hearing about this guy's offense. Only thing that scares me are concerns about his ability to recruit and develop players. Now of course a guy is able to improve over time but it is something that I would absolutely ask about if I was interviewing him for the job.

Advertisement
Keith Heckendorf...

1st name to surface for OC:

Arkansas State OC, QB Coach, Passing Game Coordinator....A Fedora Disciple.

Twatter follows include...Mandy, Brevin, TVD, Ford, DJ, Kosi,

Based on nothing and no sources.

Yay

Advertisement
Awful like Lincoln Riley from ECU? Sean Gleeson from Princeton?

Don’t know anything about the guy but coming from a lower level shouldn’t scare anybody.

On the surface? No. It absolutely should scare people when you look at the track records of the people doing the hiring here though. Remove at least the element of an established resume that MIGHT give them a chance into lucking into a competent hire and now we're basically just buying lotto tickets in podunk lower level college towns hoping to find a savior OC on the cheap.

Jesu Christo at having to go to Arky State to get a guy. This isn't Manny potentially hiring some up and comer.This is Manny potentially again showing us the result of hiring a head coach with no network of legit contacts and now also having been exposed as a poor man's bullsh!t artist in his obviously limited communication and sales skills.

It's all really adding up to as why this guy was/is always a mediocre recruiter.

Yup. Known lame duck HC, and potentially AD.

Advertisement
Also, when did he start following all these kids? I would guess he was probably in the running last year and that would explain some of the follows, but it doesn't explain TVD if that part is true.

Advertisement
Back