Keith Heckendorf....1st OC Rumor to Surface..

Advertisement
Again for the moron crew:

its not about disliking the OC or liking him. its irrelevant as long as Diaz is here. you suckers are why Diaz got hired in the first place.

until a real elite HC is at this school yes the fans will hate the trash they have given us. why shouldnt we when these guys have all been atrocious??

Again for the moron crew:

its not about disliking the OC or liking him. its irrelevant as long as Diaz is here. you suckers are why Diaz got hired in the first place.

until a real elite HC is at this school yes the fans will hate the trash they have given us. why shouldnt we when these guys have all been atrocious??
Dude relax.. if it’s up to us Manny would be gone. So let people discuss potential oc’s in peace.

You call Fedora again and make him say no...again . He’s got more HC experience than our current HC and would probably put a stop to a lot of Manny’s ***atry like rewarding sideline cheerleading

Advertisement
Well if that is what you meant by original argument that you think Diaz is incompetent that is a different case. You said he's reaching out to Arky State as evidence of incompetence or lack of relationships. I think on surface that is faulty logic. I brought up Gundy as an example that reaching out to lower tiered schools or coaches is not evidence of incompetence.

You might be able to point to other evidence of Diaz's incompetence but your particular example was not a valid one in my opinion.

Misunderstanding between us. I absolutely don't think plucking guys from lower levels is a sign of incompetence. There are plenty of success stories already mentioned. I just don't trust AN incompetent to do it as I do believe it's a higher level of difficulty with a higher risk/reward factor.

I do still contend that Manny doesn't have the level of connections in the coaching world that most Power 5 coaches have. That's almost an ancillary issue at this point though.

If he is following Manny and some of our players on Instagram, then there has to be a reason. He is not just following them for no reason. Enos started following Manny and our Coaches before he got hired.

Looks like he struck out on every big name QB he recruited in 2014 and signed Nathan Elliott (3*, beat out Ark St, Army and Navy) and 3* Anthony Ratliff-Williams (who is a great WR) in the 2015 class.
In 2016, he signed Chazz Surratt, another 3* kid who now plays LB, and 3* Logan Byrd (funny, he beat out Enos at Arkansas, Charlotte, Colorado St and Duke)
In 2017, UNC signed 2 QBs that i can't find any rankings or information on, Luke Hoggard and and Jack Dinges.
In 2018, it finally looked like a decent haul in 4* Jace Ruder and 3* Cade Fortin. Unfortunately neither kid grabbed the job and ran with it.
In 2019, Heckendorf went to Arkansas State and UNC signed Sam Howell (recruited by Brewster and the D-Coordinator Tommy Thigpen).
That’s a putrid job of evaluating QBs, and UNC’s offense went down the toilet after they lost their last good OC, Seth Littrell, to North Texas. Littrell was the dynamic offensive mind there.

I’m not sold on ****endork. I don’t necessarily like the idea of an OC with a ****** track record of identifying QBs, very limited track record calling plays, and the same problems we had here this year—lots of sacks, poor red zone, poor 3rd down, trouble running the ball.

Keith Heckendorf...

1st name to surface for OC:

Arkansas State OC, QB Coach, Passing Game Coordinator....A Fedora Disciple.

Twatter follows include...Mandy, Brevin, TVD, Ford, DJ, Kosi,
well if he doesn't work out we can call him peckendorf or peckerdorf.

Advertisement
That’s a putrid job of evaluating QBs, and UNC’s offense went down the toilet after they lost their last good OC, Seth Littrell, to North Texas. Littrell was the dynamic offensive mind there.

I’m not sold on ****endork. I don’t necessarily like the idea of an OC with a ****** track record of identifying QBs, very limited track record calling plays, and the same problems we had here this year—lots of sacks, poor red zone, poor 3rd down, trouble running the ball.

Agreed. Not sold on him. If Mando hires him, he's done for.

1st, Franchise has the best gift for crowning nicknames for people (coaches in this case), this side of the White House.

2nd, he's totally right. I don't feel good about Heckenfluffer. We need to open up the wallet and bring in someone much better and with a better track record.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back