Kc McDermott makes first career NFL start

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Congrats to Kc McDermott for starting his first NFL game on Sunday for the Jags. He lined up at guard.

While the 2017 team lacked superstar players, and certainly a star QB, it had a huge amount of players who made it to the NFL. Look at this:

- All three running backs made the NFL (Walton, Homer, Dallas).
- Two OL made the NFL (McDermott and St. Louis) with a third on practice squads (Tyler Gauthier)
- Two WR made the NFL (Berrios and Cager) with the other two not making it due to injury and off-field stuff (Richards and JT4)
- The TE made the NFL (Chris Herndon)
- The DL rotation almost entirely made the NFL (McIntosh, Norton, Chad, Garvin, Joe Jackson, Trent Harris)
- Shaq made the NFL with Pinckney on practice squad
- All four DBs made the NFL (Quan, Redwine, Delaney, Mike Jackson)
- The kicker made the NFL (Badgley)

Obviously, most of those guys are on the bottom part of the 53-man rosters, but that is a ton of NFL talent in the rotation. In retrospect, I wonder what this team could have done if Brad Kaaya came back.

Advertisement
If Richards, Walton, and Herndon stay healthy

This. Once the talent dropped from elite to average at some spots, Rosier’s warts really showed up. That Pitt game will stick with me for the rest of my life. We certainly won some we shouldn’t have that year, but wow that was a disappointing thing to watch.

I do agree though, put Kaaya on that team and it had a chance to be a legit Top 10 team. A lot of NFL talent for sure.

Advertisement
OP is Kaaya-fornia dreaming on such a winters day.
Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Congrats to Kc McDermott for starting his first NFL game for the Jags at guard on Sunday.

While the 2017 team lacked superstar players, and certainly a star QB, it had a huge amount of players who made it to the NFL. Look at this:

- Two OL made the NFL (McDermott and St. Louis) with a third on practice squads (Tyler Gauthier).
- Two WR made the NFL (Berrios and Cager) with the other two not making it due to injury and off-field stuff (Richards and JT4)
- The DL rotation almost entirely made the NFL (McIntosh, Norton, Chad, Garvin, Joe Jackson, Trent Harris)

Obviously, most of those guys are on the bottom part of the 53-man rosters, but that is a ton of NFL talent in the rotation. In retrospect, I wonder what this team could have done if Brad Kaaya came back.
You are spot on, DMoney. That team had talent - no elite standouts and we were short on depth, but the talent was definitely there. Richt had done a helluva job transforming the team in just two short seasons. Add a TVD-type QB to that team, and end that season better.

I ran into his brother who was an IT recruiter.

It was one of those, "Wait, are you one of McDermott brothers?" moments.

It was pretty cool. He was the oldest and he played at CSU (colorado).

Advertisement
That team had some talent but a lot of heart. Whether you hate Manny or not, he reavitilized that defense into something very fun to watch. RJ played on the other side of the LOS, Trent and JJ holding down the edge. Of course Juquan was everywhere and tackled everything.
I really loved watching DJ grow in his role as a TrFr. Homer was incredibly underrated - he dished out some severe punishment in that ND game. Berrios beasting week after week.
Even Rosier, who had trouble hitting the broad side of a barn, made some enormous plays.
Unfortunately we were short on depth and a QB away. If Richards could’ve stayed healthy he might’ve been enough even tho Rosier regressed terrible toward the end of the year. Still I love that team. Ha and ******* Langham coming up clutch!

Congrats to Kc McDermott for starting his first NFL game on Sunday for the Jags. He lined up at guard.

- Two OL made the NFL (McDermott and St. Louis) with a third on practice squads (Tyler Gauthier)

We make the ACC chip game at least interesting with Kaaya

This. Once the talent dropped from elite to average at some spots, Rosier’s warts really showed up. That Pitt game will stick with me for the rest of my life. We certainly won some we shouldn’t have that year, but wow that was a disappointing thing to watch.

I do agree though, put Kaaya on that team and it had a chance to be a legit Top 10 team. A lot of NFL talent for sure.

That Pitt game was a punch to my bawlz. Miami was #2 I believe. Winning, things are looking solid.

I fly out to an air b n b with my Florida family and Atlanta fam. This was a big rich home rented out. About 30 of us. Only myself and sweetheart are Cane fans. The rest Gator alumni (about) 7 and 2 Noles.

They would be all nice as we watched the game in the same big room. But as Miami laid a giant egg, I could hear small cheers and fist pumps behind me, as the Gators would move up in the polls. I think they were 9. It absolutely sucked to fly out from CA always being the lone Cane fan, have folks watch the game. And then......Pitt and Rosiers hangover happened.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Excellent post.

That Pitt game was a punch to my bawlz. Miami was #2 I believe. Winning, things are looking solid.

I fly out to an air b n b with my Florida family and Atlanta fam. This was a big rich home rented out. About 30 of us. Only myself and sweetheart are Cane fans. The rest Gator alumni (about) 7 and 2 Noles.

They would be all nice as we watched the game in the same big room. But as Miami laid a giant egg, I could hear small cheers and fist pumps behind me, as the Gators would move up in the polls. I think they were 9. It absolutely sucked to fly out from CA always being the lone Cane fan, have folks watch the game. And then......Pitt and Rosiers hangover happened.

Losing that game was unforgivable.

Man I saw that Pitt game in 2017 at the Duffy’s in Altamonte Springs when I was visiting my in-laws (hurricane club official watch location). I vowed to never return if I had to watch a game there but I saw TVD shred them this year.

Aside from that egg we laid in Heinz Field, the 2017 team gave a lot of great memories: stopped the streak in trailerhassee, miracle catch by Langham vs GT during a downpour, Bandy pick 6/ND beatdown, & winning the Coastal.

It was the best we’ve done in the last 15 years but no doubt that will change soon.

Advertisement
Back