Kc McDermott makes first career NFL start

Congrats to him. Didnt play too poorly outside of one snap where Barmore and Winovich went after his gap (which isnt good for any O-Line in a pass rush situation).

Hope he sticks.

Advertisement
Al golden was a fat better recruiter/evaluator of talent than mark right at Miami, he brought a bunch of nfl talent in that 2015/2016 class where as much of richts famed 2017/2018 class were duds

I’m from the Pittsburgh area and I knew with us playing up there, in a cold November game, that we were gonna play poorly. The tea leaves were there. Southern boys aren’t prepared for that cold environment like that

Congrats to Kc McDermott for starting his first NFL game on Sunday for the Jags. He lined up at guard.

While the 2017 team lacked superstar players, and certainly a star QB, it had a huge amount of players who made it to the NFL. Look at this:

- All three running backs made the NFL (Walton, Homer, Dallas).
- Two OL made the NFL (McDermott and St. Louis) with a third on practice squads (Tyler Gauthier)
- Two WR made the NFL (Berrios and Cager) with the other two not making it due to injury and off-field stuff (Richards and JT4)
- The TE made the NFL (Chris Herndon)
- The DL rotation almost entirely made the NFL (McIntosh, Norton, Chad, Garvin, Joe Jackson, Trent Harris)
- Shaq made the NFL with Pinckney on practice squad
- All four DBs made the NFL (Quan, Redwine, Delaney, Mike Jackson)
- The kicker made the NFL (Badgley)

Obviously, most of those guys are on the bottom part of the 53-man rosters, but that is a ton of NFL talent in the rotation. In retrospect, I wonder what this team could have done if Brad Kaaya came back.
Not so sure, was Richt going to keep running those RPOs where we pretended Kaaya could run?

Advertisement
This. Once the talent dropped from elite to average at some spots, Rosier’s warts really showed up. That Pitt game will stick with me for the rest of my life. We certainly won some we shouldn’t have that year, but wow that was a disappointing thing to watch.

I do agree though, put Kaaya on that team and it had a chance to be a legit Top 10 team. A lot of NFL talent for sure.
Top 10? We beat Pitt and we probably beat Clemson as well. Win the ACCCG and make the CFP. I don't think we win the big one but to be in the playoffs would have done great things for our program

I can't believe it's taken him this long to start I assumed he was in the league starting already. I had no idea

What coulda been with Ahmmon man, makes me sad every time I think about it smh...

That kid was a 1st round WR without doubt! Legitimately the most purely talented WR we had since Andre.
I went to the Duke game in Durham, and he took a pass across the field and looked like a **** olympic sprinter out there. Like an elegant gazelle.

Advertisement
Funny how I remember this board was very ready to move on from Kaaya.

CIS was entranced by Rosier's mobility and completely ignored the arm talent.

Hindsight 20/20... Kaaya was extremely underappreciated.
It’s what we fans do, we move on to the next shiny toy even when the signs are clear that new toy is clearly a cubic zirconium

What coulda been with Ahmmon man, makes me sad every time I think about it smh...

That kid was a 1st round WR without doubt! Legitimately the most purely talented WR we had since Andre.
A wildly talented WR. Total natural. Would have been better than Hurns or Rambo, both of whom I respect greatly.

I went to the Duke game in Durham, and he took a pass across the field and looked like a **** olympic sprinter out there. Like an elegant gazelle.
Wellington is kind of an up and down program. Middle and some upper middle class very suburban public school. He was a legit one-man offense in high school.

Funny how I remember this board was very ready to move on from Kaaya.

CIS was entranced by Rosier's mobility and completely ignored the arm talent.

Hindsight 20/20... Kaaya was extremely underappreciated.
Yeah, short memories around here. Everybody's forgotten that all those losses were 100% Kaaya's fault, and if he could only run everything would have been fine. Now it's a shame he didn't come back another year.

Advertisement
So if we beat Pitt, we'd have been in the playoffs independent of what happened in the ACC title game right?

Advertisement
Yup. I mean maybe a 58-0 drubbing would have bounced us but even halfway showing up likely gets us in.
If the three I mentioned don't get hurt, that game looks totally different (though I still say we'd lose due to their DL vs. our OL).

This. Once the talent dropped from elite to average at some spots, Rosier’s warts really showed up. That Pitt game will stick with me for the rest of my life. We certainly won some we shouldn’t have that year, but wow that was a disappointing thing to watch.

I do agree though, put Kaaya on that team and it had a chance to be a legit Top 10 team. A lot of NFL talent for sure.

I was at that Pitt game...and it was devastating.

Ironically, if we're looking through the lens on "NFL Talent" - Pitt's 2017 team had more NFL players numbers wise, and definitely more NFL talent.

I know that sounds crazy, but it's true.

Advertisement
Back