Kc McDermott legendary interview

IHATETHISPLACE

Thunderdome
It is bleacher report but for once it is worth the read

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...talks-recruiting-and-turning-down-urban-meyer

Andrew Kulha: First off, why exactly did you choose to commit to Miami?

Kc McDermott: Overall, it's the best fit for me. Coach [Al] Golden is a great coach and he's bringing that team back to what it was. Coach [Art] Kehoe is a living legend, probably the best offensive line coach in all of college football. I grew up loving that school. That was my school growing up.

My room was painted Hurricane colors, I had a Hurricane bed cover. Everything that I loved was Miami Hurricanes. It also helps being close to home, being able to see my family on the weekends. It's only an hour away from home.

The academics are out of control—one of the best engineering programs in the country.

AK: What's Coach Golden like?

KM: He's a laid-back guy. He's definitely a players' coach. If you ever have a problem, just go straight to him—you don't have to go to your position coach.

At Notre Dame, they had a specific coach that you went to, to talk to. They came and said, 'We want this for the team', and he would relay that to the head coach.

No, Golden says 'I'm the guy, if you need anything come to me, my door's open.'

He's just one of those coaches that's all about the players and he does everything that they ask him to.

AK: What are your thoughts on star Miami running back Duke Johnson?

KM: Un-believable. He's absolutely, unbelievably phenomenal. He does everything 110 percent all the time. He does everything he can for his team and for his coaches.

Asked about the recruiting process and the tendency fans have to take things above and beyond acceptable and respond negatively to recruits, McDermott talked about a time when a fake Urban Meyer account tweeted at him. That story led to this story about the time he turned down Coach Meyer in person...

AK: What's the Urban Meyer story?

KM: The Urban Meyer thing was just funny to me. He came to my school a week after I told his assistant that I wasn't even interested in them. I told him no to his face, and it's got to be one of the top five reactions of someone ever. His facial expression was just so funny. My coach was tearing up and had to go in his office to laugh.

AK: Talk more about coach Meyer's face when you told him no. Was he mad, upset?

KM: More like the state of shock where the guy has literally never been told no in his life. It literally looked like a kid the first time you tell him 'no, you can't do something.' It looked like he was a baby about to cry. It was so funny.

AK: What's your favorite part about being an offensive lineman?

KM: Putting people on the ground. Being able to lock up on someone with perfect form and putting them on their *** in the ground, in front of everybody.

Last edited:
Advertisement
AK: What's the Urban Meyer story?

KM: The Urban Meyer thing was just funny to me. He came to my school a week after I told his assistant that I wasn't even interested in them. I told him no to his face, and it's got to be one of the top five reactions of someone ever. His facial expression was just so funny. My coach was tearing up and had to go in his office to laugh.

AK: Talk more about coach Meyer's face when you told him no. Was he mad, upset?

KM: More like the state of shock where the guy has literally never been told no in his life. It literally looked like a kid the first time you tell him 'no, you can't do something.' It looked like he was a baby about to cry. It was so funny.

AK: What's your favorite part about being an offensive lineman?

KM: Putting people on the ground. Being able to lock up on someone with perfect form and putting them on their *** in the ground, in front of everybody.

He just became my favorite Cane O-lineman ever and he's not even on the team yet.

49.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhh.... So refreshing!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
The best OL recruit Miami has signed and before you guys say it Seantrel signed with USC first and only left because of sanctions.. McDermott will play and may start as a true freshman..

Why is there so many awesome recruits committed to Miami? How will I choose the one I prefer....

Advertisement
Meyer is the ultimate douche! Hope he gets locked in a dark room filled with ****roaches!

Advertisement
So conflicted - really wanted to like the original post, but I just can't bring myself to like a gaytor.

/Love the story though.

Look at the gator trying to get back in good with us. Smart. Lays low after some rumblings and then pops up with a Cane love interview. this gator is slick

Jandman,
McDermott is a rock star no doubt, but Vernon Carey was the consensus #1 offensive tackle coming out of HS his senior year.

Jandman,
McDermott is a rock star no doubt, but Vernon Carey was the consensus #1 offensive tackle coming out of HS his senior year.

Your right Carey and McDermott guys like this come around once every 6-8 years.. McDermott's technique for his age is crazy. Seantrel was great obviously out of hs but McDermott and Carey are on another level imo..

Advertisement
Back