Kc McDermott legendary interview

Jandman,
McDermott is a rock star no doubt, but Vernon Carey was the consensus #1 offensive tackle coming out of HS his senior year.

Your right Carey and McDermott guys like this come around once every 6-8 years.. McDermott's technique for his age is crazy. Seantrel was great obviously out of hs but McDermott and Carey are on another level imo..

KC was elite technically as a soph he was just a little light in the ***. He changed that in a hurry. Flowers had some of the most entertaining highlights from a tackle I've seen in a while but McDermott is going to kill people this year.

Advertisement
Jandman,
McDermott is a rock star no doubt, but Vernon Carey was the consensus #1 offensive tackle coming out of HS his senior year.

Your right Carey and McDermott guys like this come around once every 6-8 years.. McDermott's technique for his age is crazy. Seantrel was great obviously out of hs but McDermott and Carey are on another level imo..

Wasnt Henderson a top ten player overall and #1 olineman? I would say he was on another level also.

This OL class is just stupid. The talent we have there now and in the future should ensure we have a good offense for the next 5 years.

And maybe the best interview I've ever heard. Between him and Kaaya the class is in good hands.

Jandman,

Wasnt Henderson a top ten player overall and #1 olineman? I would say he was on another level also.

Henderson to me was overrated out of hs and played against mediocre talent in Minnesota. McDermott and Carey played and dominated against elite talent every game.

Advertisement
Jandman,

Henderson to me was overrated out of hs and played against mediocre talent in Minnesota. McDermott and Carey played and dominated against elite talent every game.

He's 6'8 350 he was a grown man going against little boys with mediocre size and talent up there. Saying that if he plays like he should this year i think he will go Mid to late 1st round because of his size and scouts know how elite he was coming out of hs..

Staying true to his Miami roots, denying ever to play for Ohio State and Urban Meyer.

Advertisement
KC is a beast

very high ceiling and looks like he could contribute right away if needed (prob not)

I hope it didn't give Meyer heart palpitations and he will quit coaching again because I would feel terrible for his family having him home that much.

Jandman,

Umm, you might want to Google Cretin-Durham Hall HS. One of the better programs in the midwest/north. TONS of elite athletes come from that school. Michael Floyd, Chris Weinke and Steve Walsh come to mind.

Advertisement
Jandman,

Umm, you might want to Google Cretin-Durham Hall HS. One of the better programs in the midwest/north. TONS of elite athletes come from that school. Michael Floyd, Chris Weinke and Steve Walsh come to mind.

Muf****a said Chris Weinke.

interesting comments from Jeff Greer he wrote a few stories on KC during his recruitment. I dont think the comments were bad. Most of us had heard about KC telling Meyer not to his face just not the tearing up part. Maybe he is mad he didn't write that part.

Jeff Greer ‏@jeffgreer 20m
By the way, kind of out of character for Kc to make those comments. Wonder if he knew it was going public.

Last edited:

Muf****a said Chris Weinke.

In the same sentence as "elite athletes."

Advertisement
Amen. Top notch HS. It gave us Stevie. Gotta love KC. I guess pope Urban was so upset he went back to OSU and gave the president his 2 week's notice for insulting Catholics. KC got a three for one with this. Hit slim OSU, slimmer ND, and slimmist UF(let's not forget were Urban's claim to fame come from). Can't wait until Art gets his hands on this kid. Flowers and him on the bookends OH MY!!!!!!!!!

Oh my, I forgot about Trevor. WOW. Can we start 3 OTs? Talk about off tackle plays. And the kid form St pete. OT is so stacked.

The best part, IMO, is that when Meyer went to see KC, he responded with "No, sir" when asked if he wanted to play for OSU.

That kind of manners goes a long way with me. He's my fav recruit by far for this class.

even better than the actual interview is the butthurt Ogayo fans crying in the comments section.

I do believe Jimmys are rustled.

Advertisement
Back