2024 Kavion Broussard 3* OT from Zachary, LA Commits to the Canes (August 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I wouldn’t label him a sleeper. He has some real good offers.
True. I should have said Miamis 13th 3 star. Would be a bummer if this was who all the excitement was about from that 🤡D. Smith when it sounded like mincey might be the one who pops. Well see

Some of y’all have zero desire to actually analyze croots, or needs at positions, and it shows. I have been as down as anyone on Mario and this class specifically, but this is a good addition. Who gives a flying **** what Denis Smith posted.

Hey we need tackles and at least these guys are NFL body types in terms of height, arm reach etc…

I’m tired of having a roster full of centers and guards. This is part of the roster overhaul. Yeah I wish we were getting top OT but those cost a lot of money and typically go to championships caliber teams. For now we have to project out and hope for once we have a staff who can develop the kids.

Advertisement
True. I should have said Miamis 13th 3 star. Would be a bummer if this was who all the excitement was about from that 🤡D. Smith when it sounded like mincey night be the one who pops. Well see
Word of advice: I can count on one hand the number of individuals whom I consider trustworthy this cycle. That includes staffers, twitter personalities, and posters on this board.

Best to stay grounded.

I’m fine with the commitment but if this is the hyped recruit committing (I don’t think it is) I’ll be ****ed
Agreed. Smith has gotta stop doing that unless it's a Blue chip dude. Miami is already getting clowned on enough this cycle on Twitter from those dumbass nole and gator fans...

Last edited:
Yeahhh I'm trying to distance myself in the middle here. Just because it's not the prospect that was hyped up last night, doesn't mean this kid sucks. Like I said, I think he's better than both Minaya and Plazz.

Curious if all three stick, especially if Ahfua wants to flip later...
What does Ahfua have to do with Plazz or this kid?

Advertisement
I’m fine with the commitment but if this is the hyped recruit committing (I don’t think it is) I’ll be ****ed

Who hyped it up? Y’all continue to cry when you are the ones falling for the Twitter ****. You create your narratives in your heads based off what you see on social media! That’s on you guys.

Dennis Smiff and whoever else are doing their jobs and clearly it’s working cause it creates a buzz. It’s your fault if the player doesn’t warrant the buzz in your mind.

Some times I wonder the average age on this Board. It’s got to be a bunch of kids cause no way would grown adults get this upset over what’s being “hyped”

Being upset at getting 3 stars, sure I’m with you on some of these but getting upset over phucking tweets from a paid employee hype man…..hahaha that’s on y’all

Last edited:
Not worried at all about what Mario and Mirabal do at OL. They know how to evaluate and develop

We landed multiple 5 Star guys last year who are true studs and going to be our starters for the next 3 years or so.

So what do you fill the next class with; developmental guys with high ceilings and great traits. Would love to land the high 4 and 5 Star guys this year but I’m sure they don’t want to sit behind Francis, Samson, Kinsler, etc.

Then for 2025 you go back to the 5 Star talents once you can sell how you developed and played Francis and Samson

It sucks we didn’t land Ionata at C and Afua at G because those could be instant impact on the interior OL, but I’m sure we won’t give up

Agreed. Smith has gotta stop doing that unless it's a Blue chip dude. Miami is already getting crowned on enough this cycle on Twitter from those dumbass nole and gator fans...

This is so wrong and overly emotional. Each commit matters and each deserves hype. Kids are choosing to come play a sport that you are a FAN of and you are complaining over a tweet.

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement
This is so wrong and overly emotional. Each commit matters and each deserves hype. Kids are choosing to come play a sport that you are a FAN of and you are complaining over a tweet.

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News
You want participation trophies or do you wanna see miami competing for national championships again? The more that dude hypes 3 stars and projects on Twitter the more our rivals clown us on there.

This is exactly what am talking about. After u talk about monstrous August the next commit is a developmental player who gonna get negativity he does not deserve. But ok. And its not just cane fans, fans of other teams as well. Just be quiet and tweet when its commit time. Simple

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd like to be a top 25 consistent team before I start to even think about national titles again. It's unrealistic.
Right and how do they do that? Probably by trying to stack elite classes. They did last yr. This year the blue chip ratio (so far) is pretty bad. Mario, who hasn't been know for being a great game day coach and someone who completely botched both coordinator hires in his first year would probably have a better shot at winning games with elite players vs 3 stars and projects, no? Recruiting is supposed to be his bread and butter. Just expected a little better for this class. There's still some time to turn it around but a lot of the top guys are falling off the board quickly

I can’t imagine we end up signing all 3. That’s overkill. Maybe Minaya ends up at Rutgers?
Agreed. Have to think we drop one current OL commit. Too many projects there...Mirabel is going to have his work cut out for him getting McCoy, Kinsler, Tinilau, plus the 3-4 2024 freshman projects. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2 OL transfers, plug and play for next year.

You might need to get off Twitter if you care about losers tweeting about recruiting. It’s not that deep
Of course it's not that deep. But it looks bad. Bad enough miami gets clowned on the field all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back