2024 Kavion Broussard 3* OT from Zachary, LA Commits to the Canes (August 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaby is saying some confusing ****. He doesn't see things progressing until UM can evaluate him in person. But he's expecting news tonight, and he can see things progressing in this direction. Is Mirabal up there evaluating him in person today? I'm trying to square the circle.
That isn’t what he said. He was saying that he didn’t expect things to progress without seeing him in person but it seems like it’s trending that way regardless

Advertisement
Gaby is saying some confusing ****. He doesn't see things progressing until UM can evaluate him in person. But he's expecting news tonight, and he can see things progressing in this direction. Is Mirabal up there evaluating him in person today? I'm trying to square the circle.
Gaby is just saying he’s surprised things are developing this quickly because he didn’t think there’d be movement until we evaluated him in person.

Reactions: ben
That isn’t what he said. He was saying that he didn’t expect things to progress without seeing him in person but it seems like it’s trending that way regardless

Gaby is just saying he’s surprised things are developing this quickly because he didn’t think there’d be movement until we evaluated him in person.

He "didn't think" things would progress without an in-person evaluation, but they are. So, there it is. Broussard is going to be tonight's "good news."

Reactions: ben
1691947829954.png

Advertisement
Looks like Zion Nelson. If we are taking him, at least we can be patient with the physical development and not rush it. He will need a lot of weight and strength.

Supposedly weighed in at the FSU camp in June at 276. If true gained 20+ lbs in 3-4 months, so shouldn’t be hard to imagine being 300+ lbs after his RS year.

edit
https://247sports.com/player/kavion-broussard-46136500/

definitely looks more than 250

Last edited:

The 247 National guy, Cooper Petagana saw him a couple of times. He used to work for Mario at Oregon. He probably vouched for the kid.

Supposedly weighed in at the FSU camp in June at 276. If true gained 20+ lbs in 3-4 months, so shouldn’t be hard to imagine being 300+ lbs after his RS year.
That would be good. 276 would definitely be heavier than what he looked like last fall. If he can keep adding good weight and strength, he can play.

Unfortunately, Zion really was hurt by such rapid weight gain (as well as the physical stress of playing OT as a freshman). Don’t think this kid will be in that position so that’s good.

Advertisement
Pretty cool with the pickup, not who was being suggested and somewhat bragged about last night...but still a fine developmental OT if he commits. Nice prospect and better than Minaya and Plazz (at this point in time) imo.

Advertisement
Some of y’all have zero desire to actually analyze croots, or needs at positions, and it shows. I have been as down as anyone on Mario and this class specifically, but this is a good addition. Who gives a flying **** what Denis Smith posted.

Advertisement
Pretty cool with the pickup, not who was being suggested and somewhat bragged about last night...but still a fine developmental OT if he commits. Nice prospect and better than Minaya and Plazz (at this point in time) imo.
I can’t imagine we end up signing all 3. That’s overkill. Maybe Minaya ends up at Rutgers?

Yeahhh I'm trying to distance myself in the middle here. Just because it's not the prospect that was hyped up last night, doesn't mean this kid sucks. Like I said, I think he's better than both Minaya and Plazz.

Curious if all three stick, especially if Ahfua wants to flip later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back