Kaleb Boateng

Advertisement
We return 10 olinemen. We don't even have a true 2 deep at all positions on the line. At some point you need bodies. Give me a kid who wants to be there and will work his *** off over nothing. We are an injury away from Donaldson back at tackle basically.

Richt aint my dad or uncle or anyone to me. I owe him nothing. I think the staff deserves some criticism but some of it actually most of it is stupid. Our fans dont even know how to explain what they are complaining about. They complain about playcalling and dont even watch anything other than the ball every play. They complain about qb development when our QBs are a bunch of freshmen and a converted baseball player. They complain about O line development (this one I agree with) but fail to keep in mind that its the hardest position to develop and that guys who come in at that position wont be good for 2-3 years. They complain about the locker room and have never been inside of it. Yes they deserve a lot of criticism but the stupidity and the "hey lets just follow what everyone else is doing and claim for everyone to be fired" Is retarded.
I think you're generalizing in an absolutely wild way with some (the bolded) of those statements. Have you seen the in-depth Xs and Os critiques on the main board? For about the last 3 years? What am I missing here?

Sign this kid **** it at this point. Little hint for ya Lucas ainā€™t coming kids a troll

Advertisement
I'd take Boateng. One thing I read about him is that he's young for his grade, so he'll be graduating at 17.5 years old or so. Most incoming guys are 18 going on 19. Boateng has the frame, bring him in - try to develop him, don't expect any return on investment until 2-3 years from now. Let him mature and grow into the type of player he projects to be.

That being said...guys like Boateng and his ilk are what we're pretty much left with getting this recruiting cycle since we missed on all the top OL we targeted. Searels is going to have to coach his *** off w/these underrated guys and develop them in order to keep his job...it's put up or shut up time for him for sure.

Sorry, Iā€™m not getting excited about the annual 3-star South Florida consolation prize.

Let me guess....the kid has offers from Syracuse, Rutgers, and Wake Forest....but he has ā€œthat dog in him.ā€ Heā€™s the kind of kid who ā€œgoes to a place like Louisville and balls out.ā€

HARD PASS.
But thatā€™s all this Mickey Mouse staff can pull right now

Advertisement
Go get the tackle committed to kentucky that goes to STA. Kentucky better than us this year lol so that kid can play here.

Generally, sign me up for a south Florida kid who wants an offer and has some talent at OT. It'd have to be a really desperate move for me to offer him though.

He tests poorly athletically (39th percentile). That tape is honestly troublesome. There are a lot of traits that just do not show up that you want to see from a lineman. He's all arms in his blocking, I saw almost no explosion in his hips, and he really never showed his kick-slide on a highlight video (big red flag).

I always watch a full-game at least before passing judgment, but he's a pass for me at first glance.

I like Boateng but he's a guard to me. This is a light year locally for pure tackles, even though it is deep with OL overall.

Jake Pope from STA (Kentucky) is the most interesting pure tackle prospect I've seen.

The kid is also apparently very smart. Arenā€™t smart OLs typically better? (Or maybe it is Centers specifically).

Advertisement
I like Boateng but he's a guard to me. This is a light year locally for pure tackles, even though it is deep with OL overall.

Jake Pope from STA (Kentucky) is the most interesting pure tackle prospect I've seen.

I think Boateng is a guard as well. In a typical year, he would be a pass for me. I would take Pope.

Advertisement
Take him as a PWO, sure. But I actually liked the HS films of Milo and Dykstra better than those highlights.

Boateng finishes well. But he's lacking in a lot of areas. No compelling speed, acceleration or power. And he stands up straight too quickly except when pulling, so doesn't get the leverage to hold the LOS against stronger defenders. We need to do better than this.

Advertisement
Back