Kaleb Boateng

Advertisement
Generally, sign me up for a south Florida kid who wants an offer and has some talent at OT. It'd have to be a really desperate move for me to offer him though.

He tests poorly athletically (39th percentile). That tape is honestly troublesome. There are a lot of traits that just do not show up that you want to see from a lineman. He's all arms in his blocking, I saw almost no explosion in his hips, and he really never showed his kick-slide on a highlight video (big red flag).

I always watch a full-game at least before passing judgment, but he's a pass for me at first glance.

Where are the yodney cajuste types from wvu, Reginald bain from fau, they are out there we just got to evaluate and get them. plenty of project types in south Florida this year with good size. I was Reading uf board today and it sounds like wardrick Wilson has a grades/transcript issue which is why we probably have not been pursuing him

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, lets save 10 spots for 2020! I forgot that we will need another 20-25 in 2020 and we can't take 35 in one class.

Take 4-6 OL every year! Take 6-8 DL every year! When you finally look like you belong in the Elites, those kids will get their 4th and 5th stars and you will also have better chances with the Neals.

Who cares if we don't have a 3rd string OL/DL to give real reps to our future stars. We can just use walk-on punters at DE!

Sorry, I’m not getting excited about the annual 3-star South Florida consolation prize.

Let me guess....the kid has offers from Syracuse, Rutgers, and Wake Forest....but he has “that dog in him.” He’s the kind of kid who “goes to a place like Louisville and balls out.”

HARD PASS.
I'm not saying youre wrong. Im just saying its slim pickins and Mark Richt has Stacy Searels in charge of sorting this thing out. 3*s is all we're getting. I'm not gonna try and sell you on them, other than them being better than nothing.

I'm not saying youre wrong. Im just saying its slim pickins and Mark Richt has Stacy Searels in charge of sorting this thing out. 3*s is all we're getting. I'm not gonna try and sell you on them, other than them being better than nothing.

Well, at least you’re honest.

We ain’t winning **** until we hire an OC and a new OL coach anyway....so IMO we should save the ships for when we get a real coordinator who can load up on the kind if players he wants.

A certain number of scholarships carry forward, so we can just back-sign next year.

Well, at least you’re honest.

We ain’t winning **** until we hire an OC and a new OL coach anyway....so IMO we should save the ships for when we get a real coordinator who can load up on the kind if players he wants.

A certain number of scholarships carry forward, so we can just back-sign next year.
Problem is the AD & BoT have no clue how to hire a HC, so we'll just be setting sail on the Titanic's maiden voyage all over again.

Advertisement
\

I haven't been very critical of this staff because I think a lot of the criticism from our fans is ignorant and incorrect but this is a local lineman who is capable and begging for an offer. So whats the excuse for not giving him one? Ranking? He is ranked almost as high as Washington and Eguakun. Space? He is almost certainly better than Bar Milo. I just dont get it here. You have the space and O line commits are dropping like flies. This kid is a sure lock. Why wait till its too late and he changes his mind?

See for yourselves:

We're 3 weeks from signing day and have zero OL commits. The staff honestly feels that they're going to land Neal, which is a whole new level of foolish. I don't even know Neal and even I know he's going to Bama. Boateng is a good player and deserving of an offer in his own right and is practically begging to come here. This is not hard at all. Offer the fcking man!

Kid is begging for an offer....our OL COACH is in......NICEVILLE.

Grab 2 local kids in Boateng, Maurice Smith....and go in on Juco /Grad Transfers to bring in atleast 5 ol this class.

Funny thing is the kid their trying to flip from Miss State...hit Kingley with a "Congrats BRO" on his flip from us to Uf. He is not even a lay up.

I cant/dont see how a staff can be so terrible this go around/class with OL and Qb recruiting.

Was it ever this bad under Golden? I remember he had his blunders. But never this bad.

We had a good Oline class last year and the first kid to commit for 2019 was Kingsley Eguaken who even said he was solid until last week. Yes, it would be a perfect world to have kids lined up but losing Kingsley appeared to be a blind side. Again the bias is overwhelming a lot of the judgement and speculation that is running rampant around here and it gets ****** old.

Kingsley was flirting with Auburn for months. I'll give him this, Kingsley wasn't some out of the blue decommitment. A lot of people questioned whether he'd be in this class; same with Tarquin.

This is not a good look for anyone. Do not @ high schoolers bruh common now

@'ing high schoolers is only a problem when you're attacking them or trying to influence their decision in recruiting. I have no problem with guys @'ing the coaches. They're grown *** men, and in big time college football, it comes with the territory.

Advertisement
3 star players are better than air, because that's what we have for OL commits this cycle.

Our oline needs a talent infusion....not some scrub 3-star who is only being pumped up here because he’s a local who has a cousin/brother/coach/friend who knows a guy who knows a guy.

Searles needs to land a couple 4 stars, no excuses, and no compromises.

Advertisement
Our oline needs a talent infusion....not some scrub 3-star who is only being pumped up here because he’s a local who has a cousin/brother/coach/friend who knows a guy who knows a guy.

Searles needs to land a couple 4 stars, no excuses, and no compromises.

Cool. Air it is then.

Boateng isn't going to solve our OT problems in '19. I think he can play OG but is a project kid that will need 2-3 years. Pope is a project OT at 6'8 275-280lbs with big upside, NFL type upside. That is the kid Miami should have been on for the last 2-3 years. Wilson may end up playing RT and likely has the size to start in 6-18 months. MSmith is OC/OG type.

In the end, the '19 OL isn't going to solve our '19 year issues unless we land Neal.

RT= Campbell, Herbert, Hillary, Brown, someone on the roster
RG= Donaldson, Reed
OC= Gaynor
LG= Boulware, Reed
LT=Scaife unless one of the guys mentioned above is a better LT and Scaife stays at RT, thinking Campbell.

All the takes are kids that can and should develop within 2-3 years. You have to think who is going to replace Donaldson!

We also have to factor in that if NONE of the above RTs develop then you sign 3-4 OL in '19 because the new OL coach WILL develop starters from the group above and needs more bodies.

Advertisement
Back