Kaidon Salter no longer in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we go by this Salter was basically a Jalen Milroe type seems like he just went deep ball to his WR most of the time. Sure that could be what the Liberty offense required him to do but it gives you some worry about his medium throws and throws to the middle of the field ehhhhh...

Good thing we're not going by this

Advertisement
Good thing we're not going by this
Youve watched him before?

Just started watching him and its a lot of run and gun... if his read isnt there he takes off running. Most of the plays are literally deep bombs...

He is more accurate tho and if he has a clean pocket he should be able to hit mid field throws. But he does need to be coached up def not ready to step in and lead us like Ward but he does have potential to be molded

Last year (2022) wasnt great either 58% completion percentage 8TD and 5 INT.

Last edited:
I think Ward is better, but Salter has plenty of talent and provides a better use of his legs, provided that’s the offense we want to run.

Liberty had the 122nd SOS, so expecting him to put up anything close to those 2023 numbers is naïve. I’d put Salter ahead of Howard though.

Regardless of who’s better, the difference isn’t stark enough to put him on the burner (like Howard) while chasing the 10 all around school in Ward. If Salter wants in, take it and be done with it.

Chips pushed in...

Implying that he will go through the Draft process and therefore will be ineligible……. I didn’t think this was so hard for you lol.
Take the L man. Just cause you declare doesnt mean you cant return. You were wrong. Just move on

the office bankrupcy GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
What is @Memnon ‘s opinion on Salter?
The best available QB in the Portal right now.

Very good dual threat; skilled runner & passer that has a similar game to Jalen Hurts when he was at Bama before he got the Lincoln Riley QB elixir.

Would be a massive add if we can get him, but I would guess the Iceman gets him.

He was 4th on my top 10 QB Portal's list; if you put Salter in the search bar & put Memnon in the member bar you'll see I been talking about him since he was in HS in 21.

The best available QB in the Portal right now.

Very good dual threat; skilled runner & passer that has a similar game to Jalen Hurts when he was at Bama before he got the Lincoln Riley QB elixir.

Would be a massive add if we can get him, but I would guess the Iceman gets him.

He was 4th on my top 10 QB Portal's list; if you put Salter in the search bar & put Memnon in the member bar you'll see I been talking about him since he was in HS in 21.

Good deal. Appreciate your incite sir.

Advertisement
Youve watched him before?

Just started watching him and its a lot of run and gun... if his read isnt there he takes off running. Most of the plays are literally deep bombs...

He is more accurate tho and if he has a clean pocket he should be able to hit mid field throws. But he does need to be coached up def not ready to step in and lead us like Ward but he does have potential to be molded

Last year (2022) wasnt great either 58% completion percentage 8TD and 5 INT.
I just meant like that chart doesn't tell the whole story with him

Advertisement
Sounds ***. Have Salter blow the **** up and get drafted and he will only be a 1 year QB
Also how does he mention Poffenbarger as someone we should know but then say the staff wants a 1 year rental? Shut up Gaby ya doofus

View attachment 277001
"Miami staff does not want a 2 year QB, while most teams and staffs see this as a positive, Miami rather not hurt feelings"

What f***ing room?! There's nobody in there...

You're not gonna bring in a top QB...that can play for two years....because Brown or Williams might leave?? That better not be true because that's insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back