Kaidon Salter 4 star 2021 QB Cedar Hill, TX

Bump

I finally got to see Kaidon play in person last night; Cedar Hill played Arlington and beat them 28-21.

In the first half, he and the whole offense struggled. The offensive line had a hard time blocking Arlington's pressure, and a lot of the play calls had long developing downfield routes which forced the line to block for longer.

As far as Salter goes, he has a really good arm, and he definitely believes in it. If a play call gives him even one option to go deep, he will take it, even at the expense of an open guy in the flats. He made 4-5 downfield throws in the first half that won't even work next week when they play Allen, much less in college.

He ran for a touchdown, but I wouldn't say that athleticism is his top trait. He's got long legs so you may think you have the angle on him, but you don't. He also very clearly didn't trust his o line to block for him in the first half. Second half, they went with more quick passes and running the ball, with an occasional shot down the field, and they came back to win.

If he, and by extension the offense, play the way they did in the second half last night, they will have a chance. If it's like the 1st half, then Allen will blow their doors off.

I will say this: if Jake Garcia has an offer, I see no reason why Salter doesn't. But looking at D'Eriq King, I can say that Salter isn't a perfect QB fit for Lashlee's offense. Not to say he's bad, because he's far from bad. But last night definitely wasn't their best.
Just a quick question. Not being a jerk, but which ‘21 QB (committed or not) would u say is a great fit for Lashlee’s offense?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just a quick question. Not being a jerk, but which ‘21 QB (committed or not) would u say is a great fit for Lashlee’s offense?
Committed:
Dematrius Davis
Jalen Milroe
Kyron Drones
Kai Millner
Lucas Coley
Jay Allen
Eddie Lee Marburger (UTSA commit, super sleeper)

Uncommitted:
Braylon Braxton
Grayson James

Which ones would we have the best chance with? Braxton, James & Jay Allen if we decided to offer any of'em.

I am not a huge Salter fan.

In the same district, Desoto’s Samari Collier might be a sleeper to watch. He did nothing for me in 2019 but looks like a different guy this year. Physically stronger, faster, and more mature, and the team around him is much better. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up getting recruited more heavily by seasons end with programs who have missed the boat on other QBs.

In the same district, Desoto’s Samari Collier might be a sleeper to watch. He did nothing for me in 2019 but looks like a different guy this year. Physically stronger, faster, and more mature, and the team around him is much better. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up getting recruited more heavily by seasons end with programs who have missed the boat on other QBs.
Collier’s ceiling is really high. If you don’t mind me asking why aren’t you high on Salter? I feel like he’s good at everything not elite at anything. With a good team around him I feel like you can win a lot of games

Are we even communicating with this kid? Why bump a thread for a recruit we're not even talking to?

Advertisement
Are we even communicating with this kid? Why bump a thread for a recruit we're not even talking to?
Short answer? Because I wanted to.
Longer answer? I saw him play in person for the first time and, given who Miami’s OC and QB are right now, wanted to give my own insight as to why Miami isn’t recruiting him.

I’m excited to see Collier to play later on this season.

Swagger I’m visiting Dallas this weekend. You got any games you recommend seeing?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Westlake vs Shiloh is a good one too, if you wanna see Cade Klubnik play, he's been lighting it up thus far this season & our coaches are apparently paying more attention to him.

But the Carroll vs Rockwall matchup I mentioned above will be ELITE QB Quinn Ewers vs Braedyn Locke

Ewers is the "next Trevor Lawrence"? Does he stick with UT if they sink this season and Herman gets fired?

Ewers is the "next Trevor Lawrence"? Does he stick with UT if they sink this season and Herman gets fired?
That remains to be seen...

He was really high on Oklahoma before he committed to UT, but with them having Spencer Rattler & Caleb Williams for the 21 class he realized he won't be playing early if went to Oklahoma.

He's a Southlake TX kid & grew up a Longhorn fan, so I'd imagine his family wants him at UT no matter what, but if Herman was fired maybe he would reopen his commitment...

**** after Herman missed on the strongest Texas legacies ever in the Brockermeyer twins, anything is possible lol.

IMG vs Duncanville at Globe Life Park on Saturday.

Carroll vs Rockwall on Thursday is another good one.
I want to go to one, or both of those games. Thing that sucks about the D'Ville game is that they make you buy tickets in pairs, so I have to spend $24 instead of just $12. I can afford it, but the principle you know

Advertisement
Back