Kaidon Salter 4 star 2021 QB Cedar Hill, TX

Salter getting a lot of attention. Visited Arkansas and Old Miss. Taking a tour of a bunch of southern schools starting this weekend:

From Nole 247 writer:

Cedar Hill (TX.) quarterback prospect Kaidon Salter has scheduled an unofficial visit to Tallahassee for March 9th. FSU has not yet extended a scholarship to Salter. FSU offensive Coordinator Kenny Dillingham flew down to Texas in January to watch Salter throw.

“I’m looking to see the energy from the coaching staff, the facility, the academic programs and mainly the QB history from the school and learn more about the offense they run,” Salter said to Noles247 about what he’s looking to see on his upcoming visit.

Salter will also see Auburn, Georgia Tech, South Carolina and Tennessee in the days following his visit to FSU.

Named the Texas District 7-6A MVP as a junior; led Cedar Hill to a 9-3 record and a Texas 6A D-II second-round playoff appearance.

247Sports’ Top247 Rankings slot him as the No. 89 overall prospect and No. 4 dual-threat passer in the nation. He’s the No.12 player in the state of Texas for his class.

247Sports.com’s panel of recruiting analysts recently discussed which quarterback in the 2021 class could have a meteoric rise and Salter was among those discussed.

Both Barton Simmons, Director of Recruiting, and Greg Biggins, National Analyst, took Salter as someone who could have a rise similar to what Justin Fields did a few years ago.
“I'm going to really lean into the Fields comparison here, because Fields really began his ascent right about now in Kaidon Salter's timeline. We punched Fields up to just outside the Top100 in our post-season update and then the camp circuit really sold us on him. I think the same thing could happen with Salter. His numbers to this point haven't been gaudy, but his talent is really evident. He's athletic but is still a throw-first quarterback. It feels like he's just starting to find his footing and evolve into an alpha sort of role nationally. From a skillset standpoint he reminds me some of CJ Stroud from last class more so than Fields, but he's showing indications that he could climb in the same way that both of those guys did during their recruitments.” –

Salter has really shined at several off-season events and his junior tape is impressive as well. He’s an athletic, two-sport athlete who is just coming in to his own as a player and isn’t even close to peaking right now. Look for him to continue to rise up the charts and with a strong summer and senior year, there is no reason why he can’t finish as a five-star just like Stroud a year ago.” –

This kid is one of the few good QBs left uncommitted. I wonder if Lashlee has been in touch at all.

EDIT: Looks like coach Pata is the only one Salter follows on social media...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Visited FSU today. Met with OC and QB coaches but NOT Norvell. Also left with no offer. Chris Nee their 247 writer said he thinks it's mainly because they like the guy they have committed and are just feeling out others in case they decide to take 2 QBs

Visited FSU today. Met with OC and QB coaches but NOT Norvell. Also left with no offer. Chris Nee their 247 writer said he thinks it's mainly because they like the guy they have committed and are just feeling out others in case they decide to take 2 QBs
So in essence, FSU is still filled with tards...

So I asked Ivins today if he's heard anything about this kid and Miami. He said Salter was on campus in January with his 7 v 7 team. He thought Lashlee would offer but he didn't.

Must be a reason why Lashlee hasn't offered him yet. He's probably familiar with him from his time at SMU.

Advertisement
Salter has narrowed his list of colleges to 11, but he said the favorites among those are Auburn, Baylor and Tennessee – not in any specific order.

He plans to make a decision in the next month. Will hopefully be an early enrollee next january.

Cedar Hill (Texas) High Top247 quarterback Kaidon Salter tells 247Sports he has his college decision date locked in for May 10.

"It's not official yet," he said regarding the program he's going to give his pledge. "Still picking between three schools. I know I'll officially be ready by May 8 but I set the date for May 10 to make sure I'm making the right decision and talk it over with my family."

The four-star Salter is tabbed by the Top247 as the No. 4 dual-threat passer and No. 88 prospect overall. He is the No. 1 quarterback in the state of Texas. The programs he's locked in at this point are Auburn, Baylor and Tennessee.

There's now a few Canes connections to Salter's high school, Cedar Hill (just southwest of Dallas, in the Quad cities w/ football powers Duncanville, Desoto, and Lancaster):
-New Canes OL Jarrid Williams played at Cedar Hill
-Former Cane Nick Ward is now on the coaching staff with the Longhorns too

Maybe Ward can get in Salter's ear and change some minds lol

Advertisement
There's now a few Canes connections to Salter's high school, Cedar Hill (just southwest of Dallas, in the Quad cities w/ football powers Duncanville, Desoto, and Lancaster):
-New Canes OL Jarrid Williams played at Cedar Hill
-Former Cane Nick Ward is now on the coaching staff with the Longhorns too

Maybe Ward can get in Salter's ear and change some minds lol

He wanted lashlee to pursue him. Salter is from one of “those” football families in Texas, they’re all freaks (and a lot of canes fans) my HS QB was Jimmy salter, ended up a CB at Mcneese. But there was Kendrex, Larry, Deon Beasley was a UT commit in 2006.. HS QB with Earl Thomas as his RB. Took his mother’s name but his dad is a salter

He wanted lashlee to pursue him. Salter is from one of “those” football families in Texas, they’re all freaks (and a lot of canes fans) my HS QB was Jimmy salter, ended up a CB at Mcneese. But there was Kendrex, Larry, Deon Beasley was a UT commit in 2006.. HS QB with Earl Thomas as his RB. Took his mother’s name but his dad is a salter

I've wondered why Lashlee didn't. Kyrone Drones, too.

From what I read, a few of those Texas QBs struggled at the Elite 11. Too structured and didn't allow them to show their strengths - partly because there was no 7v7 competition this year.

I've wondered why Lashlee didn't. Kyrone Drones, too.

From what I read, a few of those Texas QBs struggled at the Elite 11. Too structured and didn't allow them to show their strengths - partly because there was no 7v7 competition this year.
I think they’ve got the top guys wrong in Texas this year as far as how they’re ranked too. Salter is a gamer tho he’s only going to get better I wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks with Tennessee and kills the sec

Small world bro, you went to West Orange-Stark? I used to work for the newspaper in Beaumont and covered WOS a lot. I probably got there after you, but I covered WOS the season they lost at state to Gilmer in 2014. Coach T is something else lol.

It never occurred to me that Kaidon could have been related to Jimmy Salter. I have a friend that played on the same team as him, probably you as well.

Advertisement
Small world bro, you went to West Orange-Stark? I used to work for the newspaper in Beaumont and covered WOS a lot. I probably got there after you, but I covered WOS the season they lost at state to Gilmer in 2014. Coach T is something else lol.

It never occurred to me that Kaidon could have been related to Jimmy Salter. I have a friend that played on the same team as him, probably you as well.
Coach T! Yes sir I’m an alumni. The world is really small. And yeah I was at that game! Kaidon and jimmy are cousins that salter bloodline is deep

Advertisement
I would love to know why Lashlee never offered.
I don’t know. I haven’t talked to Kaidon personally in a while but I’ve talked to his family again this morning and he’s set to graduate high school in December and enroll early at Tennessee unless something drastic happens

Bump

I finally got to see Kaidon play in person last night; Cedar Hill played Arlington and beat them 28-21.

In the first half, he and the whole offense struggled. The offensive line had a hard time blocking Arlington's pressure, and a lot of the play calls had long developing downfield routes which forced the line to block for longer.

As far as Salter goes, he has a really good arm, and he definitely believes in it. If a play call gives him even one option to go deep, he will take it, even at the expense of an open guy in the flats. He made 4-5 downfield throws in the first half that won't even work next week when they play Allen, much less in college.

He ran for a touchdown, but I wouldn't say that athleticism is his top trait. He's got long legs so you may think you have the angle on him, but you don't. He also very clearly didn't trust his o line to block for him in the first half. Second half, they went with more quick passes and running the ball, with an occasional shot down the field, and they came back to win.

If he, and by extension the offense, play the way they did in the second half last night, they will have a chance. If it's like the 1st half, then Allen will blow their doors off.

I will say this: if Jake Garcia has an offer, I see no reason why Salter doesn't. But looking at D'Eriq King, I can say that Salter isn't a perfect QB fit for Lashlee's offense. Not to say he's bad, because he's far from bad. But last night definitely wasn't their best.

Advertisement
Back