Kaidon Salter 4 star 2021 QB Cedar Hill, TX

There will be zero defense in the SLC Rockwall game, it will be 6x-5x type game.... but it’s a Thursday night game. Allen vs Chill is solid, and of course Duncanville vs IMG. DeSoto will put on a show against Prosper.

Advertisement
There will be zero defense in the SLC Rockwall game, it will be 6x-5x type game.... but it’s a Thursday night game. Allen vs Chill is solid, and of course Duncanville vs IMG. DeSoto will put on a show against Prosper.
The Desoto/Prosper game got cancelled according to their twitter account. They’re looking for a replacement.

From the UCLA recruiting board - they just offered Salter last week:

Salter led perennial Texas Class 6A power Cedar Hill to a 9-3 record and 6A Division II second-round playoff appearance in 2019, when he threw for 2,550 yards, 28 touchdowns, and six interceptions. While he does the majority of his damage with his arm, Salter is an intriguing athlete at the quarterback position who can hurt defenses with his legs. That is backed up by his track and field profile, as Salter competes in the 300-meter hurdles, high jump, long jump, and triple jump during the spring season.
Competes in the 300m hurdles? Lmao what's his time?

Don't forget Lashlee's offense last year was potent with a below average running QB. Not a total statue like Kaaya, but definitely below average.

I don't want a statue in today's game, but everyone listing running QBs only in this thread, I'm not sure about that

Don't forget Lashlee's offense last year was potent with a below average running QB. Not a total statue like Kaaya, but definitely below average.

I don't want a statue in today's game, but everyone listing running QBs only in this thread, I'm not sure about that
Miami has different personnel than SMU & they don't play in the same conference or against equal level talent as us.

The ACC has significantly better pass rushers than the AAC, you can get away with having a less mobile statue of a QB at a school like SMU because they're not facing any DL's like Pitt, Clemson, Va Tech, UVA, UNC etc, they don't have the same level of comp.

It's more advantageous for Miami to have a QB with mobility because while our OL has improved a lot, we still don't have an elite OL needed to protect a slow non mobile QB, plus our offense is more dynamic & more dangerous with a QB that can run, the Zone-Read element added to our offense makes us difficult to stop & opens up the entire offense by improving both the pass & run game.

Forcing Defenses to have to Defend against a running QB creates challenges that Defenses absolutely hate, it causes confusions & opens up running lanes for the RB's just off the strength of simply making them hesitate for a split second while reading the mesh point.

Going back to a statue QB would be hustling backwards, because unless he has Peyton Manning/Tom Brady style accuracy you're just setting your QB up to get sacked like crazy if you don't have a line full of 4/5-star lineman in front of him, which we don't.

Even Trevor Lawrence uses his mobility & he doesn't really have to, Joe Burrow did too, **** Pat Mahomes uses his mobility all the time & he's by far the best pure passer on Earth, but even he realizes he has the tools of being able to scramble for a few yards at his disposal. Having a QB that can move & pickup yards with their feet changes the entire complexion of the game & gives Defenses fits.

Advertisement
I feel like him competing in the 300 hurdles and all those jumps speaks to what I said. He’s not that insane fast. He’s got longer legs and a long stride that allows athletes to be successful in those specific events. Like if he ran the 4 or 800 it wouldn’t shock me either.

Oh yeah, I came to the Southlake Carroll/Rockwall game tonight. Carroll is the real deal, that offense can do just about anything. And the QB is impressive.

Miami has different personnel than SMU & they don't play in the same conference or against equal level talent as us.

The ACC has significantly better pass rushers than the AAC, you can get away with having a less mobile statue of a QB at a school like SMU because they're not facing any DL's like Pitt, Clemson, Va Tech, UVA, UNC etc, they don't have the same level of comp.

It's more advantageous for Miami to have a QB with mobility because while our OL has improved a lot, we still don't have an elite OL needed to protect a slow non mobile QB, plus our offense is more dynamic & more dangerous with a QB that can run, the Zone-Read element added to our offense makes us difficult to stop & opens up the entire offense by improving both the pass & run game.

Forcing Defenses to have to Defend against a running QB creates challenges that Defenses absolutely hate, it causes confusions & opens up running lanes for the RB's just off the strength of simply making them hesitate for a split second while reading the mesh point.

Going back to a statue QB would be hustling backwards, because unless he has Peyton Manning/Tom Brady style accuracy you're just setting your QB up to get sacked like crazy if you don't have a line full of 4/5-star lineman in front of him, which we don't.

Even Trevor Lawrence uses his mobility & he doesn't really have to, Joe Burrow did too, **** Pat Mahomes uses his mobility all the time & he's by far the best pure passer on Earth, but even he realizes he has the tools of being able to scramble for a few yards at his disposal. Having a QB that can move & pickup yards with their feet changes the entire complexion of the game & gives Defenses fits.

Ya I don't want a statue either like I said in the post. But I don't think a QB has to be D'Eriq King with his feet to succeed.

Oh yeah, I came to the Southlake Carroll/Rockwall game tonight. Carroll is the real deal, that offense can do just about anything. And the QB is impressive.
Quinn Ewers, he's the next Trevor Lawrence & arguably has a better arm.

Advertisement
Random, but I was in school today and another teacher was talking about what happened with Tennessee. Seeing as how KSalt just got to Knoxville yesterday, the teacher asked if we think he got some of what they were reporting on (the Mickey Ds bags). I was like, "A QB being recruited to an SEC school? Uh.... yeah lol"

Random, but I was in school today and another teacher was talking about what happened with Tennessee. Seeing as how KSalt just got to Knoxville yesterday, the teacher asked if we think he got some of what they were reporting on (the Mickey Ds bags). I was like, "A QB being recruited to an SEC school? Uh.... yeah lol"
He trying to Transfer?!? Shidddddd

Advertisement
Ya I don't want a statue either like I said in the post. But I don't think a QB has to be D'Eriq King with his feet to succeed.
Completely agree, first and foremost give me a guy who can make all the throws THEN if he can run it’s a plus. People forget although Kaaya couldn’t move at all he was our best QB since Dorsey.

Advertisement
\It was the second time. He was caught about a month after he got to campus with two other players. It was some complicated incident that happened in an on campus dorm room. He was suspended from team activities all spring while it played out. I think one of the other kids just left the team at that point, the other may still be there. He was just cleared to resume team activities about two-three weeks ago and he had this second incident.

I don't think he even practiced once with the team.....

Advertisement
Back