Kahlil Brantley...

Advertisement
Lol, for sure. Man, I swear social media has made ppl so tough & opinionated.

I be seeing cats on there airing out ppl they have access to. Man, go holla at that dude or that woman! U know where they be! Lol. That’s how I was raised, at least; I gotta problem w/ ur function, I’m at ur porch or a minimum on ur phone so we hash this out one way or another.

Our kids be on social media, talking big way too much, man. I don’t follow programs like I do here, so I don’t know the inner workings of other programs like that, but since Golden, it appears our kids Twitter Fingers & IG profiles are light years tougher than most programs w/o the real life results. And I ain’t no old dude, like that. Lol.
It’s every where bro. That’s what happened to ole boy hasselwood at the barber shop before he stepped on a campus. Talking big **** now look lol. Just like Zo who was capping after transferring. Now he sum sort of utility player at UF😂. That all I’m talking about. Keep that **** internal. If u feel that way **** let them dudes know in the locker room u here to take they ****. No problem at all with that attitude. But doing it on social just looks silly

you took it out of context that's why you made that silly comment.
Like I said..I’m responding to the mofos in this thread who took it and made it about pope and Wiggins..when u say ambiguous **** on social it’s easily taken out of context..just like his words were

If we had a strong minded coach who could turn that around & breed the best competition on Greentree, absolutely. This is the type of chit that can lead to some bull chit. I hope not; I do...again, we’ve all said the same exact thing, and he’s a 1000% correct; but the difference is, none of are about to put on the jersey. Lol
That’s true
In college I didn’t politic and I didn’t kiss *** and it took time for me to become the guy because I was so reserved. I’m Haitian, we are raised to speak when spoken to and go about our business and it rubbed some wrong, but each time I was in before I became full time starter I would go off lol. Until they could not bench me anymore. If dude does that, they will not keep him off the field. When the fans talked the coaches hear that ****. That’s why they put an “or” in the lineups after went off and of course we saw no real changes and then the young guys caught COVID and it’s like they never existed again lol. Coaches rode that COVID excuse to not play them rest of the year 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
It’s every where bro. That’s what happened to ole boy hasselwood at the barber shop before he stepped on a campus. Talking big **** now look lol. Just like Zo who was capping after transferring. Now he sum sort of utility player at UF😂. That all I’m talking about. Keep that **** internal. If u feel that way **** let them dudes know in the locker room u here to take they ****. No problem at all with that attitude. But doing it on social just looks silly

Facts; neva lied

I feel you but due to politics those 2 will be starting vs Bama unless manny puts on his Big boy pants !
Don’t have **** to do with politics. Like I said befor..****** in that locker room know who put in the work..now game day it’s about making those plays..but before u get to game day there’s sun-thurs. out work them boys. Take they ****. Nobody in that WR has been able to do that yet. Which is sad

I agree; again, what he said is spot on. However, that’s something u say to ur future teammates face in front of the coaches....****, scrap over it...I don’t give af. But doing it via social media?? I dunno chief; don’t think that’s the wisest direction.
Social media is today’s way of talking ****. I prefer in person **** talking as well, but I’m 49 and don’t have a twitter account so WTF do I know.

Advertisement
This have to start coming from the coaches. Manny gotta drop that soft, always "fun" mentality. Hold players accountable. There's no way Harley should be the only one staying late on the jug machine. I know you can't force players to stay later but how about making the wrs spend a WHOLE practice just catching! I don't follow these cats on social media like that so I'm not 100% sure this all he does but every time y'all posted clips of Pope working out, it was always just practicing running routes. What good is running in the sand all day if that's what your hands are made of??

Though I would have preferred a more 1-on-1 method of doing this, I love Brantley’s message. I know I keep writing this but these comments remind me so much of the Michael Irvin story from his senior year of high school when he was watching a UM practice, and when asked what he was doing, he supposedly replied that he was looking to see whose job he was taking next year.
Now Khalil and the rest of this class need to come in work their asses off and take some jobs. And yes there maybe some senior favoritism, as there is at most school BTW, but if you are a freshman or sohpmore, you have to be a lot better.

so my challenge to the young bucks is just that. Don’t be as good as a scrub senior, be a lot better. Kick his *** every day in the spring. Kick his *** in the weight room. Talk **** to his face (like Nesta did to Kennedy), and take his spot. don’t ask, just take.

Oh no worries our toxic coaches will boost up those “dawg” upperclassmen. Attitude changes shouldn’t need to be taught to the coaches by the new players but hey that’s just me

Advertisement
Call me a beaten wife but I hope he can back up his talk. I appreciate what he does as an ambassador for the class but I still have ptsd from the 2018 class doing the same **** and being a total bust.

I need to know one good reason why Lashlee would not tell Cooney to shove it. Just one.

Nothing he said is wrong;

However....being that he hasn’t seen one down yet, these dudes still might his teammates, the favoritism that’s been rumored by several posters who are both close to this program & are deeply rooted in the Fla HS scene.....this may not have been the appropriate time to air this out on social media.

Don’t get me wrong; this is the type of mentality u should have.....but, he’s literally calling out future teammates & future coaches before he even steps foot on campus.
100% agree......but I love that he said it.

The culture was broken after last season, and King led the way in changing it to a much better culture this year. That being said, there is still too much coddling and not enough accountability. The coaches are risking all of the positive development made in terms of the culture by continuing to play guys that do not perform.

Advertisement
I completely agree with what has been said by @Rellyrell . Khalil understands that in order to go from average to good or good to great there has to be accountability. It's not going to just happen. But it's just like family: you present a united front in public and have it out in private. What Khalil said absolutely needed to be said.. just not publicly. If the goal is to promote a culture change inside the locker room (which i believe is the goal), then publicly shaming future teammates is not the best way to get the results you're looking for. It's not being "soft shouldered" or coddling, it's being strategic and trying to get to the end destination the best way possible without creating more obstacles.
I understand what u are saying, but I don't think this is gonna have that much of an effect with relationships with future teammates.

Lol, for sure. Man, I swear social media has made ppl so tough & opinionated.

I be seeing cats on there airing out ppl they have access to. Man, go holla at that dude or that woman! U know where they be! Lol. That’s how I was raised, at least; I gotta problem w/ ur function, I’m at ur porch or a minimum on ur phone so we hash this out one way or another.

Our kids be on social media, talking big way too much, man. I don’t follow programs like I do here, so I don’t know the inner workings of other programs like that, but since Golden, it appears our kids Twitter Fingers & IG profiles are light years tougher than most programs w/o the real life results. And I ain’t no old dude, like that. Lol.
social media makes people tough and opinionated because they used to get hit in the mouth for some of the things they can get away with from behind a screen.

Advertisement
Back