Kaaya

Kaaya is a stud. Period. Anyone who disagrees doesn't watch enough CFB.

There are Top 10 teams dying for a competent QB and we have a future pro.

I watch a ton of games. I'd wager as many if not more than you do.

He's good. Top 20 in the nation. I still think Rosier is much better all the way around. Rosier makes life so much easier for an offense.
I saw enough of Rosier to make me look at Kaaya in a different light. More improvisational and better arm than Kaaya.

The thing that gets me about Kaaya is he's been choking against the better teams (Clemson and UNC).

There are definitely some red flags. It's just sad that you can't have a rational discussion about it without severely hurting someone's feelings around here. This is a highly emotional fan base.

Brad Kaaya doesn't have the clutch gene. You gotta win games against good teams or on the road he hasn't done either yet.

What has his defenses, coaches done in those games? A game is not won or lost by one player no matter how much people like to insinuate that

Advertisement

He's good. Top 20 in the nation. I still think Rosier is much better all the way around. Rosier makes life so much easier for an offense.
I saw enough of Rosier to make me look at Kaaya in a different light. More improvisational and better arm than Kaaya.

The thing that gets me about Kaaya is he's been choking against the better teams (Clemson and UNC).

There are definitely some red flags. It's just sad that you can't have a rational discussion about it without severely hurting someone's feelings around here. This is a highly emotional fan base.

Brad Kaaya doesn't have the clutch gene. You gotta win games against good teams or on the road he hasn't done either yet.

What has his defenses, coaches done in those games? A game is not won or lost by one player no matter how much people like to insinuate that

With the current rule-set and the way the game is officiated in the modern era it's all about the QB. He gets all the glory and all the criticism because he has the most influence on the outcome of the game.

I know it's the simple things that you have the hardest time understanding but I'm not responsible for you.

Stone feet and cannot throw for **** on the run.

He definitely has things to work on (his ball placement isn't always the greatest), but then he's 19/20 years old.

He's certainly one of the top guys in college football at his position.

May be true, but I watched several games yesterday where the QBs appeared to have more control of the field than Kaaya.
They probably had an offensive line?

Kaaya is a damned good QB. He has the best efficiency record in the ACC and he has had to deal
with a terrible O-line. And when he is gone I suspect Jack Allison (if he doesn't decommit) is also
going to be a surprising replacement.

Advertisement
Kaaya is a damned good QB. He has the best efficiency record in the ACC and he has had to deal
with a terrible O-line. And when he is gone I suspect Jack Allison (if he doesn't decommit) is also

And they don't throw the ball in the endzone. He should have at least 24 tds right now

And they don't throw the ball in the endzone. He should have at least 24 tds right now

He'd have 30 if he didn't short arm throws or could hit a receiver in stride.

Kaaya is good but not great. He is a top 30 QB and with the right OC could end up being a top 5 his senior year. He has a lot he needs to improve on but has the mental capacity to make that jump. A lot will depend on him getting a good OC. I think he is a similar prospect to how Morris was after Morris junior season.

You are seriously comparing kaaya to Morris? Wow, come on now. There aren't any great qbs in college football if we are being honest

Morris actually won games in the clutch... Kaaya hasn't come close.

Advertisement

He definitely has things to work on (his ball placement isn't always the greatest), but then he's 19/20 years old.

May be true, but I watched several games yesterday where the QBs appeared to have more control of the field than Kaaya.

Some. You watch Kaaya and feel confident and like he controls the game at an elite level?

No argument from me on that one. He has an arm he just need better placement on some of his deep passes. He is not a finished product nor should he be at this early stage in his career. I think the announcer said it best in the telecast. Miami has one of the best offenses until it gets to the redzone and that is because of poor running and blocking and James coley not calling passing plays in the endzone. So predictable, I havent seen a play action fake inside the goalline in a long time from miami... We have settled for so many field goals due to play calling this year that it is ridiculous. You have a good qb with weapons and mismatches all over the field why can't we throw in the redzone? Smfh

Last edited:

Some. You watch Kaaya and feel confident and like he controls the game at an elite level?

Considering kaaya is dealing with a young and inexperienced oline 106th rushing game in the nation how can you even expect for him to look "elite". Show me a qb out there playing elite who doesn't have a good running game.

Advertisement

No argument from me on that one. He has an arm he just need better placement on some of his deep passes. He is not a finished product nor should he beat at this early stage in his career. I think the announcer said it best in the telecast. Miami has one of the best offenses until it gets to the redzone and that is because of poor running and blocking and James coley calling passing plays in the endzone. So predictable, I havent seen a play action fake inside the goalline in multiple games... We have settled for so many field goals due to play calling this year that it is ridiculous. You have a good qb with weapons and mismatches all over the field why can't we throw in the redzone? Smfh

Agreed. I am not a fan of Coley, his play calling is often terrible, but I have also witnessed many calls where the play was there, but not executed properly.

Kaaya is good but not great. He is a top 30 QB and with the right OC could end up being a top 5 his senior year. He has a lot he needs to improve on but has the mental capacity to make that jump. A lot will depend on him getting a good OC. I think he is a similar prospect to how Morris was after Morris junior season.

This. Kaaya is very good but he's not some transcendent talent that wins you games on his own. That being said, I'm real curious to see him with a real OC and not James Coley.

at risk of sounding like I am hating on bk, I have noticed he throws behind the receivers too often on crossing routes, along with a lack of redzone attacks, but that's more on playcalling. he's gotten a touch of the ol bBrock Berlin staredownitis/missle lock too. all problems correctable under new regime.

the big road game come drop behind hasn't been checked off the list either, but I still think he's our best option and the best since Dorsey by far.

the oline, lack of qb development coaching , and playcalling this year are bigger factors than any lack of talent or will by tbk.

Advertisement
Kaaya hasn't done Jack ****...............but CHOKE TWICE against FSU!

Excuse me, if you had Coley as a OC, your HC was Golden, and DC like D'NOFRIO , what do you expect. I'd take Kaaya in heart beat. Do us a favor when this coaching staff is gone please go with them

honest question. if kaaya is top 20, you think that rosier is one of the best 19 quarterbacks in the country and he's content with rotting on our bench?

I have no idea what he is content with. I've never spoken to the man.

I do know that he is easily better than Kaaya and if you can't tell that from watching them play I feel bad for ya son.

Cane Dynasty please tell us where you buy your *****, cause that has to be the best stuff down here

You also have to take into account who is coaching him. Kaaya IMO is handcuffed by Coley.

You also have to take into account who is coaching him. Kaaya IMO is handcuffed by Coley.

Understood and hope Coley is gone and Kaaya lives up to the hype. When I said I was watching games I wasn't necessarily talking about the best teams or the best players. But subpar teams with subpar players or young backups whose approach on the field was more commanding or confident than I see in Kaaya. Could be Coley. Could be the game plan.

I'm glad we have him, but I also don't like the lack of using Rosier the last two games. Has no competition at the position written all over it.

I could be asking for too much

Advertisement
Back